Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Ha I'm the opposite. I look after all my stuff pretty well. My iPhone nearly had a close call yesterday though!

Even when DVD's are in the wrong boxes it annoys the crap outta me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

gimmick wrote: »
    Haha, I am similarly clumsy/careless. Numerous Ipods have been lost/broken. Phones tend to go lost on holidays, always losing money. Had to stop wearing a watch as it invariably would go missing sooner or later.

Your heart would be broken Gimmick, Ive actually given up buying anything expensive at this stage after my personal record of buying a 16gb ipod touch last year for €350 and it lasted 6 days before I smashed the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I love the way everyone seems to think he's responsible for "Lonely This Christmas" every year though, when in actuality, Elvis had nothing to do with that song. :)

really people think that :D

i suppose thinking back that guy from mud does actually sound alot like elvis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I really can't stand him, for this big reason in my honest opinion.
    I don't buy a lot of albums, however i do collect box sets. I have rake of the things at home, I like having boxsets of rarities by bands/artist i like. When i walk into HMV in Grafton St, the amount of Elvis box sets with the same sh*t songs and different packaging really makes me want to vomit.

im a huge elvis fan, i mean i grew up listening to him non stop....im more of a fan of his obscure stuff then the big songs.

i do agree with you though it has gone beyond a joke the amount of rediculous "new" greatest hits albums that are the exact same stuff, but thats not really his doing. the Colonel really did destroy that mans life with the rediculous schedual, lead him to the pain pills...and the hamburgers.
    True, but i was never a fan of his incessent crooning. I love the way everyone seems to think he's responsible for "Lonely This Christmas" every year though, when in actuality, Elvis had nothing to do with that song. :)

yeah people continuously think thats his song which is kind of annoyin, its a mud song....although Les Gray (lead singer of mud) did state that he was purpously doing an elvis impression for that song....so elvis was kinda indirectly responsible! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rossie1977 wrote: »
    really people think that :D

i suppose thinking back that guy from mud does actually sound alot like elvis
    yeah people continuously think thats his song which is kind of annoyin, its a mud song....although Les Gray (lead singer of mud) did state that he was puroously doing an elvis impression for that song....so elvis was kinda indirectly responsible! :p

Theres yer answer rossie. It was purposely done Elvis style as a tribute to his slower stuff later into his career. Of course, nobody expected Presley to die two years later after the songs release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Yeah, you should just stick to stuff from the Early Learning Centre. :)

Does the Early Learning Centre provide a tracking device or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Count me in for some Elvis love. My dad had him playing nonstop growing up, along with The Beatles, Bob Dylan and Eric Clapton :)

On the flip side, Mum had Garth Brooks playing nonstop too so I know pretty much all his songs off by heart:o

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    On the flip side, Mum had Garth Brooks playing nonstop too so I know pretty much all his songs off by heart:o

not something you should be freely mentioning at will! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gimmick wrote: »
    Haha, I am similarly clumsy/careless. Numerous Ipods have been lost/broken. Phones tend to go lost on holidays, always losing money. Had to stop wearing a watch as it invariably would go missing sooner or later.

I dunno if I'm just over careful or what but I've never lost anything of value, got my first mobile phone 12 years ago (I'm old!) and have never lost a single one of them, my missus has lost 4 phones in the 2 years we've been going out, she left her iphone on the road after it fell off her lap while getting out of the car to go to a shop the other day, we were in there a good half hour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Checked the exam results earlier on, passed all 9 of them, feckin thrilled! The pints'll be going down like nobodys buisness this weekend, we'll be *hic*'in all over Clonmel!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Nice wan

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Checked the exam results earlier on, passed all 9 of them, feckin thrilled! The pints'll be going down like nobodys buisness this weekend, we'll be *hic*'in all over Clonmel!!

Congrats Gerard.C :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Congrats bollix :)

I don't care if you are best friends in real life or something, and putting a smiley at the end does not make any difference, that kind of comment is not acceptable on this forum. Do not do that again please.

Congrats man, have a *hic* for me :)

orestes wrote: »
    I don't care if you are best friends in real life or something, and putting a smiley at the end does not make any difference, that kind of comment is not acceptable on this forum. Do not do that again please.

Sorry Orestes

.....Sorry Ger

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Sorry Orestes

.....Sorry Ger

No worries, I just don't want a snowball starting on that kind of thing, consider it forgotten about already :)

Does the Early Learning Centre provide a tracking device or something?

I wouldn't know... the place didn't exist when I was a kid.

In other news, i'm done with college, done with exams, done done DONE!
    I think it went well, but i won't really know for sure, will be 6-12 weeks before I get the results, but i don't give a f*ck. I'm done. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

good going there shwan now you have more time to be on boards :D:D:D

I wouldn't know... the place didn't exist when I was a kid.

In other news, i'm done with college, done with exams, done done DONE!
    I think it went well, but i won't really know for sure, will be 6-12 weeks before I get the results, but i don't give a f*ck. I'm done. :D

Congrats man, fair play, I know you worked your ass off at it all, must be a hell of a relief to be done :)
    good going there shwan now you have more time to be on boards :D:D:D

Sweet, only back a week and I get a vacation! I love my new mod-contract :D

this can be a soup here orestes can go away for about 2 weaks and then turn up out blue like he was never gone

• Advertisement

Congrats man, fair play, I know you worked your ass off at it all, must be a hell of a relief to be done :)

I won't be fully relieved until i get the results. I know the first exam results got posted out last week, but i ain't gotten anything in the post yet. :)
    Sweet, only back a week and I get a vacation! I love my new mod-contract :D

My hole! I'm off to Athlone for a well deserved rest this weekend with the missus, you're on watch, pal. You had this weekend off, my turn! :D

this can be a soup here orestes can go away for about 2 weaks and then turn up out blue like he was never gone

I do that anyway :D
    My hole! I'm off to Athlone for a well deserved rest this weekend with the missus, you're on watch, pal. You had this weekend off, my turn! :D

Sweet, a weekend of *hic*ing for all! \o/

why Athlone whats there ?

why Athlone whats there ?

Not Dublin, that's why. :)

Sweet, a weekend of *hic*ing for all! \o/

Like i could ever try to stop that. Still remaining off booze. :)

Like i could ever try to stop that. Still remaining off booze. :)

Don't worry, I'll drink your share too, just cos I'm good ike that :)

congrats on finishin college SR, you put a hell of a lot of effort in, and you know you will get the result you deserve! \o/

congrats on finishin college SR, you put a hell of a lot of effort in, and you know you will get the result you deserve! \o/

Thanks. I'm hoping that's the case. You know the deal with essay questions where you have to balance between writing too much, and not writing enough. Something i was always horrible at doing.

Thanks. I'm hoping that's the case. You know the deal with essay questions where you have to balance between writing too much, and not writing enough. Something i was always horrible at doing.

yeah i had a few of them alright, and its a case of if the examiner disagrees with you you're in trouble, was nervous about it for about half a minute then tried to forget about it. got results last friday and i got a 2.1 so im sure everything will be grand dude!

• Advertisement

yeah i had a few of them alright, and its a case of if the examiner disagrees with you you're in trouble, was nervous about it for about half a minute then tried to forget about it. got results last friday and i got a 2.1 so im sure everything will be grand dude!

Well done on the 2.1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement