Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Give me Skid Rows best song and I will go listen to it on youtube... Never heard of them :D

Can't Stand the Heartache, I'd be fairly sure you've heard it in passing at some point.
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    He still has it, he performed My Michelle with Guns N Roses at the RDS in 2006, great performance. :)

Aye, I've seen bits and pieces of him on youtube from the last few years, not too many voices hold up as well as that, and less come from as good a point to begin with.
    Wish I'd gone to Guns n Roses when offered a ticket now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Haven't heard either 18 and life or Can't stand the heartache before. In fairness they aren't my type of music so I wouldnt have gave them much of a listen. My mate I reckon would love all this though. I am more of an indie or gentle rock :D. The likes of Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, those 2 are my main bands like.

That 18 and life isn't the worst song ever, I just don't like music where the guitar or whatever drowns out the vocals.

Haven't heard either 18 and life or Can't stand the heartache before. In fairness they aren't my type of music so I wouldnt have gave them much of a listen. My mate I reckon would love all this though. I am more of an indie or gentle rock :D. The likes of Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, those 2 are my main bands like.

That 19 and life isn't the worst song ever, I just don't like music where the guitar or whatever drowns out the vocals.

Get out.

Damn Shawns a mod.... Em.. Skid Row are the greatest thing ever... They don't make my ears bleed at all.

They don't make my ears bleed at all.

Skid Row are enough to make your ears bleed? You haven't lived. :pac:

• Advertisement

I am a delicate little flower I don't listen to all this heavy stuff :D

They got heavier after those songs as well, ironically enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Monkey Business is an awesome tune. Tommy Vance taught me all about the Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

amacachi wrote: »
    Any Skid Row fans on here? The self-titled album kicks ass, I keep forgetting how much it does so in between listens. :P

have first two albums, there were huge in 1989-1992 (which truely was a wonderful period to be a rock fan :))

whats the link between them and jon bon jovi, didn't he sign them or something?? i know bach is barred from talking about him for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In a way, I would have loved if Bach became the new lead singer of Velvet Revolver. He is a great singer. But I don't know how that would have worked with Axl Rose and Bach being good friends. Although Matt Sorum is on good terms with Axl now too I hear.

I hope Velvet Revolver find a new singer soon

• Advertisement

In a way, I would have loved if Bach became the new lead singer of Velvet Revolver. He is a great singer. But I don't know how that would have worked with Axl Rose and Bach being good friends. Although Matt Sorum is on good terms with Axl now too I hear.

I hope Velvet Revolver find a new singer soon

Bach would be awesome but I think this http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/may/24Bach_Doesnt_Want_Velvet_Revolver_Gig_.shtml would allude to him not wanting to do it.

Chris Cornell before he turned into a clown would've been awesome too. Cormac Neeson from The Answer? A guy can dream!:)

Sunset V wrote: »
    Chris Cornell before he turned into a clown would've been awesome too. Cormac Neeson from The Answer? A guy can dream!:)

Had doubts about Cornell. Great singer, but just never imagined his vocals on some of VRs existing songs.

Never hears of Cormac Neeson, or The Answer. I'll be seeing them on Sunday supporting AC/DC though, so I might be a fan come Monday :pac:

Never hears of Cormac Neeson, or The Answer. I'll be seeing them on Sunday supporting AC/DC though, so I might be a fan come Monday :pac:

Awesome band, awesome singer.

Speaking of ACDC, have you heard that The Blizzards are now supporting them too? That is a kick in the gonads of all that is rock. The blizzards = MUCK.

Awesome band, awesome singer.

Speaking of ACDC, have you heard that The Blizzards are now supporting them too? That is a kick in the gonads of all that is rock. The blizzards = MUCK.

Yeah, heard that alright. Missed them at Slane cos we stayed outside the castle drinking for a while, but heard we didn't miss much.

How can anyone suggest replacing Thin Lizzy with The Blizzards though? Thin Lizzy - great, influential music with a deep history and recognised worldwide. The Blizzards - Small Irish band that barely anyone knows or cares about.

in fairness they have very little time to find a replacement band, lizzy are playing support to metallica in august anyway :D

i put ac/dc's setlist up on gigs for those interested, its the one they have played in EVERY outdoor gig so far this summer http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60813417&postcount=51

rossie1977 wrote: »
    in fairness they have very little time to find a replacement band, lizzy are playing support to metallica in august anyway :D

i put ac/dc's setlist up on gigs for those interested, its the one they have played in EVERY outdoor gig so far this summer http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60813417&postcount=51

Saw them in April and seems to be pretty much the same set.

Also I managed to meet them on the Sunday at the FOur Seasons, only people there were me and my bro. http://skin.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=252565959&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=10642924501 Sorry for bebo link but it's the only place I have the pics posted. Brian Johnson hates U2. The man's a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Speaking of AC/DC on Sunday. I have two spare tickets if anyone wants to make a reasonable offer.

Don't think I'll even bother going to see The Blizzards. Just arrive sometime during their set and get ready to rock!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

How can anyone suggest replacing Thin Lizzy with The Blizzards though? Thin Lizzy - great, influential music with a deep history and recognised worldwide. The Blizzards - Small Irish band that barely anyone knows or cares about.

And people actually cared about Thin Lizzy once Phil Lynott died? Sorry, but no. They've been a long running joke ever since.

Saw them in April and seems to be pretty much the same set.

Also I managed to meet them on the Sunday at the FOur Seasons, only people there were me and my bro. http://skin.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=252565959&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=10642924501 Sorry for bebo link but it's the only place I have the pics posted. Brian Johnson hates U2. The man's a legend.

either angus young is a midget or you and your friend are giants :D

Angus Young is of very short stature, how else do you think he fits into schoolboy uniforms at gigs? :)

• Advertisement

Ha, more from column A than B! I'm on the right (Had to war the shirt coz Four Seasons wouldn't let me in in my alcohol stained T shirt from night before!) but I'm barely 6ft 1, Angus, apparently is 5ft 1. That's ridiculously small for a man!

Angus Young is of very short stature, how else do you think he fits into schoolboy uniforms at gigs? :)

5ft 2 according to google, my dad is 5ft 3 so i can relate to how tall that is

And people actually cared about Thin Lizzy once Phil Lynott died? Sorry, but no. They've been a long running joke ever since.

True, very true but at least Sykes and Co. do a decent job of playing classic rock songs and at least they're carrying on the name (for whatever reason they are doing it.) But the Blizzards are tripe. Aural diarrhea of the highest order. A nothing band than will never amount to anything outside of these shores. They're (semi)popular due to the fact that they're singer is a good looking bloke and young girls stream to gigs to see him.

they should have booked the sawdoctors, nothing like a good bit of bogger music to get the crowd into a frenzy :P

they should have booked the sawdoctors, nothing like a good bit of bogger music to get the crowd into a frenzy :P

Ha ha, exactly! The Saw Doctors, the only band in the world that would play the village hall in my local town that has a population of approx 300 and Oxegen in the same year! awesome band, gigs are always savage craic

If i want to listen to bogger music, i'll listen to Kerbdog, or maybe the Cranberries if i feel like being nostalgic.

The Saw Doctors must die though... it's on the "to do" list though, don't worry. :D

If i want to listen to bogger music, i'll listen to Kerbdog, or maybe the Cranberries if i feel like being nostalgic.

The Saw Doctors must die though... it's on the "to do" list though, don't worry. :D

My Little Funhouse anyone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

http://skin.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=252565959&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=10642924501 Sorry for bebo link but it's the only place I have the pics posted. Brian Johnson hates U2. The man's a legend.

Ha.

So the signature isnt just a strange random thing anymore. :pac:

My Little Funhouse anyone?!

YES! Yes yes yes! Standunder is such an underrated album :( Band never stood a chance the direction music was taking at the time though.

I don't wanna be a wet blanket here, but um, isn't Rock & Metal <- that way? :)

• Advertisement

C-B-G wrote: »
    Ha.

So the signature isnt just a strange random thing anymore. :pac:

It never was, I gave him that title for a specific reason, one of which I had read in R&M a few months back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement