Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    It never was, I gave him that title for a specific reason, one of which I had read in R&M a few months back.

Well i never got the memo! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

C-B-G wrote: »
    Well i never got the memo! :p

That's probably because I never sent one! :P

That's probably because I never sent one! :P

Important info like that should always be sent out!

And now that were on the subject, where the hell are these newsletters were supposed to be getting?

Important info like that should always be sent out!

And now that were on the subject, where the hell are these newsletters were supposed to be getting?

You wouldn't have wanted to read this months, it's headline was
    "C-B-G STILL SUCKS AT RHYTHM GAMES!" :D

You wouldn't have wanted to read this months, it's headline was
    "C-B-G STILL SUCKS AT RHYTHM GAMES!" :D

Hey, i dont suck!

I would say im not the BEST, but i can hold my own. :p

When i said newsletter, i meant PODCAST...

Whats the story on that front.
    I know you have been busy and now your planning to buy dinner for a few people in what, 4 months.

But will there be one done at any point?

• Advertisement

Hey, i dont suck!

I would say im not the BEST, but i can hold my own. :p

When you're not cutting out mid song!
    When i said newsletter, i meant PODCAST...

Whats the story on that front.
    I know you have been busy and now your planning to buy dinner for a few people in what, 4 months.

But will there be one done at any point?

We planned for one last week, but with last minute study for me, and Minto being very badly hungover, the plan disappeared into thin air.

And right now, i'm finalising plans for my best mates stag do. Which would be fine except half the guests decided to take it upon themselves to make their own accomodation plans, which was fair enough only I wasn't consulted either. Which not only has stressed me out, but it's pissed me right off.

Hence why my online time has been pretty much cut in half, and as a result, no podcasts have been planned.

However the mess is almost cleaned up, and who knows what will happen before this week is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Give me Skid Rows best song and I will go listen to it on youtube... Never heard of them :D

"I Remember You" is my personal favourite. Tis a bit epic to say the least.

And on the subject of the Saw Doctors - They are savage! I have no idea how anyone could dislike them quite frankly. They put on some show. No, they are not Led Zeppelin or Queen, but by christ can they get a crowd going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

If i want to listen to bogger music, i'll listen to Kerbdog, or maybe the Cranberries if i feel like being nostalgic.

The Saw Doctors must die though... it's on the "to do" list though, don't worry. :D

Define "Bogger Music" for a bit of amusement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I useta lover is some tune

Speaking of old irish band who are still going..... I'm off to Aslan tommorow night :D ahboy Christy, he does some cover of "wish you were here" for a man in the horrors.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

just noticed no sports talk in the tags was that just someone suggesting it or is there one taboo spoiler subject for this thread?

had an odd day today signed on for a TEFL course and the dole in one go :D first time ever for the dole... gimme my free money!

• Advertisement

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I useta lover is some tune

Speaking of old irish band who are still going..... I'm off to Aslan tommorow night :D ahboy Christy, he does some cover of "wish you were here" for a man in the horrors.

aww Aslan ill never forget when they allowed me to get paid to drink all night. I served em drink when they played the local venue near my place and they loved me cos I served them in real glasses while the others had given them like the crowd the plastic feckers so they asked if i could stay and drink with em, my manager who was a ledge gave me the go ahead. christy fecked off after like 5mins though and the others said he always did that incase fans offered him stuff that hed be too weak to not take.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Define "Bogger Music" for a bit of amusement :)

Ask the person who came up with the term. :P
    In other words, quit trying to push it!

just noticed no sports talk in the tags was that just someone suggesting it or is there one taboo spoiler subject for this thread?

Read the first post in the thread. :)

aww Aslan ill never forget when they allowed me to get paid to drink all night. I served em drink when they played the local venue near my place and they loved me cos I served them in real glasses while the others had given them like the crowd the plastic feckers so they asked if i could stay and drink with em, my manager who was a ledge gave me the go ahead. christy fecked off after like 5mins though and the others said he always did that incase fans offered him stuff that hed be too weak to not take.

I actually used to have a huge soft spot for Aslan, their first two albums actually still hold up quite well, but take a pass on anything after 1996. They used to be a really great live performance. But after going to their gigs at the old Point in 1999, 2000 and 2001, only to find the set lists were the same, in the same order, i stopped bothering because they did. :)

Read the first post in the thread. :)

a yes that post i thanked when you first posted, you'd think id have read that one.

Was getting it mixed up with the previous OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Hey everyone! im in such a good mood.... i met bill bailey last night!! :D anyone else see his show in the olympia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pixma123

any one geting the new iphone 3GS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

pixma123 wrote: »
    any one geting the new iphone 3GS ?

Don't mention that damned device, lol! I've got a 3G and I'm torn between upgrading and a new set of golf clubs. I want both tomorrow and can only afford one. Damned student life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hey everyone! im in such a good mood.... i met bill bailey last night!! :D anyone else see his show in the olympia?

Good Night to ya.

He must have had a good show if your still happy from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pixma123

sell your 3g i sold my one got 340 for it so geting 32gb then :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Minto wrote: »
    Don't mention that damned device, lol! I've got a 3G and I'm torn between upgrading and a new set of golf clubs. I want both tomorrow and can only afford one. Damned student life.

damned student life :eek:

please say hes joking i had the cheapest pay as you go and usually had to choose between going out or eating well each week....cos i went out on the other 6 days that week

but still golf clubs and 3G upgrades poor you man poor you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Just rewatching the second season of this for the first time in yearrs, most of you will know the show but for those who don't the funniest US show of this decade is....:D
    arrested_development_season_finale_february_2006.jpg

Wacky Jacko just suffered a heart attack apparently...

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

For those Top Gear fans out there...

Final-nocar-Optimsedcar_07.pngtgl_cta.png
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    On a side note: RIP Michael Jackson...I was never a big fan of his, but it was a shock to here that he died today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wacky Jacko just suffered a heart attack apparently...

Big job to try and sort out refunds for all those London gigs.

amacachi wrote: »
    Big job to try and sort out refunds for all those London gigs.

I'm sure Michael won't worry about it!:pac: (Sorry, couldn't help myself!)

Big hullabaloo as TMZ pulled their usual crap and claimed that he's dead. Sky are calling it an "unconfirmed report".

(hey Brolly, you readin' this?)

Big hullabaloo as TMZ pulled their usual crap and claimed that he's dead. Sky are calling it an "unconfirmed report".

(hey Brolly, you readin' this?)

Yeah...sky.com

Its been on a few tv channels though saying that he has died (whether or not he has is another one!)

brolly wrote: »
    Yeah...sky.com

Its been on a few tv channels though saying that he has died (whether or not he has is another one!)

They're all quoting TMZ.com though, and they're a fairly sensationalist site.

• Advertisement

They're all quoting TMZ.com though, and they're a fairly sensationalist site.

I guess its a wait til tommorrow situation then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement