Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

DM-ICE wrote: »
    ABC is in my head for the rest of the week i think.

Same!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i'm very upset i have to say, such a waste, i had tickets to see him in september! such an amazing musician and an inspiration for many a generation! will be greatly missed! :(RIP

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

On another less popular story...Woolworths are back in the UK! Well, online anyway. Hope it works out better than the stores!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP Jacko

Whats the betting all his songs will be released again and again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Farrah Fawcett also died today, wonder will any news networks even report this while the Jackson stories are running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

krudler wrote: »
    Farrah Fawcett also died today, wonder will any news networks even report this while the Jackson stories are running

It was breaking news on Sky earlier, but obviously has been pushed down the list with the news of Jacko. R.I.P to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Honestly tomorrow would be a good day for many governenments to bury bad news, the next few days will be total Jacko coverage in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

JP Liz wrote: »
    RIP Jacko

Whats the betting all his songs will be released again and again :rolleyes:

You're not wrong, I used to work for HMV and any time a music or film star died we were told by head office to order in as much of their back catalogue stuff as we could, Johnny Cash, Nina Simone etc, and the day after Heath Ledger died they had a convenient shelf of his movies inside the front door, Jackson has had so many Best Of albums already though, they'll probably reissue a lifes work album or something.

He did have an amazing career though, and Don't Stop Til You Get Enough is still the best pop song ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That would be the same case with 90% of celebrities. He was such a massive name in mainstream society

Condolences to her family

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

RAMMSTEIN ARE COMING TO IRELAND!

Oh it's time for the show of all shows and the pit of all pits, lock and load and let's rock and roll! This is gonna be so far beyond epic that epic is a distant memory, let's fucking go!

/puts on Mutter and headbangs and slams into the walls like a madman

hahhahah Orestes sig never suited so much, everyone talking about Jackos death and in he comes shoutung about Rammstein... did he miss a memo or something, if its not Michael Jackson nobody cares for the next few days man ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Sad day for music lovers :( RIP Michael Jackson

RAMMSTEIN When? Where? When are tickets out? :D:D:D:D

hahhahah Orestes sig never suited so much, everyone talking about Jackos death and in he comes shoutung about Rammstein... did he miss a memo or something, if its not Michael Jackson nobody cares for the next few days man ;)

I'm aware of Michael Jacksons passing, I just don't really care all that much tbh (awaits righteous indignation)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

orestes wrote: »
    I'm aware of Michael Jacksons passing, I just don't really care all that much tbh (awaits righteous indignation)

Nah, i'm in the same boat. I appreciate what he did for the music and entertainment business. But let's face it, the guy did nothing of note since 1996, so I can't exactly say I miss the guy.

tbh not that I ever wanna hear about anyone dying except war criminals, rapists etc but i dont care too much either although the music which he made (quiet a while back now) were classics and that is all youll be hearing from now on, that is on the radio/tv channels etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No righteous indignation from me.

*Stares at orestes* I can't find anything on ticketmaster. Any information you have would be much appreciated ive refreshed the page like 20 times since you said the name RAMMSTEIN

pingu_girl wrote: »
    *Stares at orestes* I can't find anything on ticketmaster. Any information you have would be much appreciated ive refreshed the page like 20 times since you said the name RAMMSTEIN

Rock & Metal forum.
    Not being arsey, but there's a thread on it over there, there should be some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

youll get no indignation from me. im upset about him dying but i think that may have something to do with the fact that i had tickets to see him in september! he did alot for the music industry and i have alot of respect for him for that!

so orestes you excited about rammstein yeah?! :p

• Advertisement

tbh not that I ever wanna hear about anyone dying except war criminals, rapists etc but i dont care too much either although the music which he made (quiet a while back now) were classics and that is all youll be hearing from now on, that is on the radio/tv channels etc.

I'm not a fan of his music, and thankfully I don't listen to the radio or watch the tv music channels. This isn't meant to sound antagonistic or anything to any MJ fans, he simply wasn't my cup of tea so I can't relate to the grief his fans are feeling, to me it is as unfortunate as any other death. I'm sure if Trent Reznor was to kick it tomorrow we would all be on the other side of the looking glass.

Once Freddie Mercury died in 1991, everything that came afterwards was small potatoes.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Once Freddie Mercury died in 1991, everything that came afterwards was small potatoes.

QFT

I'm sure if Trent Reznor was to kick it tomorrow we would all be on the other side of the looking glass.

True that, I wouldn't be too worried.

Rock & Metal forum.

Its scary over there full of goths and metalheads who dont take kindly :pac:.

But yeah cheers found it, seems nobody knows any details except its the first quarter of next year. Thats good enough for me :)

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Its scary over there full of goths and metalheads who dont take kindly :pac:.

How is an internet forum scary?
    That forum caters for all types that fall into either rock or metal category, be it goth, nu-metal, whatever. Hell there was even a Paramore discussion thread there!

Paramore

I've listened to a few of their songs so if I'm ever near the singer I can hum the tune, just to guarantee some action from her.

amacachi wrote: »
    I've listened to a few of their songs so if I'm ever near the singer I can hum the tune, just to guarantee some action from her.

Hayley Williams is such an Avril wannabe, it's disturbing.
    Tell that to a Paramore fan, and watch them all go berserk.

How is an internet forum scary?

I was only joking, the only things that scare me are onions and people pretending to be statues.

• Advertisement

Hayley Williams is such an Avril wannabe, it's disturbing.
    Tell that to a Paramore fan, and watch them all go berserk.

Don't care, I love her, and when I grow up I want to marry her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement