Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

amacachi wrote: »
    Don't care, I love her, and when she grows up I want to marry her.

Fixed your post, dude. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Fixed your post, dude. :)

I'm a year older than her...

Actually, 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

True that, I wouldn't be too worried.

And I'd be having a complete meltdown. Tomato tomato.

Wait, that doesn't work in text. Ah feck it, you all know what I mean.

To-mayt-oh? To-mat-oh!

It does work, ya lazy sh*t!

• Advertisement

To-mayt-oh? To-mat-oh!

It does work, ya lazy sh*t!

Personal abuse! Ban yourself!

*hic*

orestes wrote: »
    Personal abuse! Ban yourself!

*hic*

Uhhhhh where's the ANY key?

Uhhhhh where's the ANY key?

Like I care, I'm still trying to get that tab going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

pixma123 wrote: »
    sell your 3g i sold my one got 340 for it so geting 32gb then :D:D:D

I think I'll keep it for a while yet though. Seems to be a few bugs with it such as the high pitched noise, so I'll see if they fix that first. I also have a horrible feeling they'll release an iPhone Pro when Steve Jobs returns from his liver transplant and if I get the 3G S, I'll miss out on the Pro. Even though the chances of that happening are virtually zero, since every Apple fanboy with a 3G S would have a sh*t freak.
    damned student life :eek:

please say hes joking i had the cheapest pay as you go and usually had to choose between going out or eating well each week....cos i went out on the other 6 days that week

but still golf clubs and 3G upgrades poor you man poor you ;)

I was half joking. I live at home, so I have barely any bills to pay other than a bit to the mother every week, I work a lot, so have a hell of a lot of discretionary income and I also don't go out much (for a student thats shocking I know), cos when I do, I tend to over do it and end up with a weeks worth of hangovers. I'm also a gadget freak. If it's not the latest technology, I don't wanna know about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I don't really care for the Jackson death, fair enough the man had some good songs (Before my time I might add) but he touched kids (Innocent in court, rubbish) thats enough to hate the man. Don't care what he did for music what he did to those kids can't make up or it. I feel bad that his kids are growing up without a father but not for the man himself.

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I don't really care for the Jackson death, fair enough the man had some good songs (Before my time I might add) but he touched kids (Innocent in court, rubbish) thats enough to hate the man.

... and you happen to know this for a fact, yeah? Or you're going on what you read in The Sun at the time. ;)

Don't read the Sun... Liverpool fan ;)

Come on now do you honestly believe he didn't do it? Nobody is called something like that for however many years without doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I don't really care for the Jackson death, fair enough the man had some good songs (Before my time I might add) but he touched kids (Innocent in court, rubbish) thats enough to hate the man. Don't care what he did for music what he did to those kids can't make up or it. I feel bad that his kids are growing up without a father but not for the man himself.

Never ever proven in a court of law though and unless you have some inside info the jury or the judge did not have you can't throw around allegations like that.

I do agree with you in a way as in tbh I shouldn't really say it as it wasn't proven and all that. But like do you think OJ is a murderer? I see this in the same light. Sure didn't Jacko come out and say that kids sleep in the same bed as him (Not his own kids)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Never ever proven in a court of law though and unless you have some inside info the jury or the judge did not have you can't throw around allegations like that.

Usually, i wouldn't give a crap about stuff like this. But when you look back on the amount of sh*t he took to deal with all the media backlash for that (he was on allsorts of pain pills and anti-depressants to try and block it out and carry on with his career).

Also bear in mind, that 13 year old kid was caught on tape talking about "going through with the story and finishing Michael's career". If his money hungry family were so confident he was so guilty, they wouldn't have settled out of court. ;)

But the autopsy is scheduled for later on today, i'm sure a report will come out, but don't be surprised that all the sh*t he took during that period contributed heavily to his premature death.

And that's why comments like that irritate the sh*t out of me.

Sure didn't Jacko come out and say that kids sleep in the same bed as him (Not his own kids)

Kids climb into their parents beds in the middle of the night, does that make the parents sex offenders? By your logic, they do!
    I'd really like to get this thread back to banter, rather than heavy debate guys, there's Jackson discusson going on in After Hours or Celebrity & Showbiz. If you really want to get into debate, i'd suggest it be taken there.

Cheers.

Thats why I said not his own kids, I understand that but when your staying at someone elses house do you sleep in there bed (When you were younger obviously) no you might have slept in the same bed as your cousin, not with your aunt and uncle or whatever, never mind a stranger.

Nothing was proven. People point to the money he paid people off with as a sign of guilt. If there was any, ANY chance that you could be convicted of something like that and you had the money, wouldn't you pay it off?

The rumours were flying around for years, yet the parents still let and sent their kids to his house.

Macaulay Culkin has defended him on numerous occasions. Funny how he had money and didn't need to pretty much blackmail someone to get some.

Larry King was on CNN earlier and said that he heard things the lawyers of one of the kids who accused Jacko were saying. He went to the cops and courthouse but was told it was hearsay, inadmissable and he would probably get sued if he repeated it. Why would he bother saying that?

I don't know if Jacko did anything he shouldn't have, you don't know, none of us do or ever will. I just strongly doubt it.

Thats why I said not his own kids, I understand that but when your staying at someone elses house do you sleep in there bed (When you were younger obviously) no you might have slept in the same bed as your cousin, not with your aunt and uncle or whatever, never mind a stranger.

Would it be ok if it had been a woman?

Heh, when he was a kid he was the spits of a cousin of mine who was about 7 years younger.

I have been working nights since finished college again so sleeping patterns are gone, I sat through 30 minutes of that show on tv3 where people ring in and guess answers. Their was about one call while the presenter rattled on inanely about how easy the answer was, while admitting "you should ring in because honestly who is watching this at this time of night!"
    She is going places. :cool:

• Advertisement

I really hope TV3 dies during the recession... really.

This is not the place to debate the ins and outs of the Michael Jackson legal issues. If you wish to do so there are plenty of other forums on boards that would be more appropriate and I am sure they have threads on the go already.

No

I am kind of with ya there Raven, they are shocking especially that Play TV thing but they are handy for Uefa/Europa cup :D

Its scary for something that has been around has never produced one decent home made show. i mean xpose and Breakfast am are their only home made shows I think. :(

No

Last warning folks. If you want to talk about his contribution to music and all that, fire away, but the other stuff is not up for discussion here, end of.

No

I am kind of with ya there Raven, they are shocking especially that Play TV thing but they are handy for Uefa/Europa cup :D

It's amateur as hell though as was their coverage of Irish matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I agree.

WAY too many morning shows, why do they bother? hats

why not a long show with different presenters for different times?

Like there is Morning Am, The morning show, Then some crap, Midday, (no prizes for guessing when thats on...) and then the afternoon show?!

Like WHAT?

orestes wrote: »
    Last warning folks. If you want to talk about his contribution to music and all that, fire away, but the other stuff is not up for discussion here, end of.

Why are you quoting something I said before you said to stop talking about it?:confused:

Ah well, 4am, time for some Maury. :P

Rjd2 wrote: »
    It's amateur as hell though as was their coverage of Irish matches.

Agree there definitly. Although I don't care much for the Ireland matches till Stephen Ireland comes back.

Nah I am hanging on till 5 for some Ninja Warrior Amacachi :D.. Best show ever, should be online but its not :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The "jokes" are flying already, must say one or two raised a giggle they are so bad. None of them are nasty though unlike the Jade Goody type ones.

A flawed genius if ever there was one. I will not be a hypocrite and say I was a big fan, but I did like his Jackson 5 stuff, not so much his solo stuff.

The after effects of his death will be huge. 50 dates now cancelled in the o2 in London. Plus the staff who were working, the food and drinks, the stage fitters, the hotels etc etc etc. Could run to hundreds of millions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement