Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

gimmick wrote: »
    The "jokes" are flying already, must say one or two raised a giggle they are so bad. None of them are nasty though unlike the Jade Goody type ones.

I loved the Jade Goody jokes, but then, i couldn't stand her. The Jacko jokes aren't as funny as the ones from when he was alive tho. :(
    The after effects of his death will be huge. 50 dates now cancelled in the o2 in London. Plus the staff who were working, the food and drinks, the stage fitters, the hotels etc etc etc. Could run to hundreds of millions.

BREAKING NEWS: MICHAEL JACKSON RESPONSIBLE FOR LONGER RECESSION!

amacachi wrote: »
    Why are you quoting something I said before you said to stop talking about it?:confused:

He quoted you both because you both kept harping on about it after I had asked to try and get back to light hearted banter.

Also if you need to feel you have to question a moderators decision, PM's are for that, not the forum.

C-B-G wrote: »
    I agree.

WAY too many morning shows, why do they bother? hats

why not a long show with different presenters for different times?

Given TV3's presenters, the fewer of them, the better. Cos they all sound like a Trinity College reunion at Lillies Bordello

"OH MY GAAAWWWD, NO WAAAAAY!"
    Shotgun please, thank you! Now to do my put for public service...

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Given TV3's presenters, the fewer of them, the better. Cos they all sound like a Trinity College reunion at Lillies Bordello

"OH MY GAAAWWWD, NO WAAAAAY!"
    Shotgun please, thank you! Now to do my put for public service...

Go get em SR! :pac: May I suggest taking a few grenades just to make sure you get them all!

brolly wrote: »
    Go get em SR! :pac: May I suggest taking a few grenades just to make sure you get them all!

I used up the grenades on my Fianna Failure bombing crusade a few weeks back. :D

• Advertisement

Got the results of my ICT Case Study (first exam I did) today, got a B.
    Happy enough with it, was expecting a bit more given the work i felt i put into it, but as Mick Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try some times, you just might find, you'll get what you need" :D

Just gotta get the results of my S.O.W and Psychology exams next... 1/3 of the way there baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Congrats SR. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Got the results of my ICT Case Study (first exam I did) today, got a B.
    Happy enough with it, was expecting a bit more given the work i felt i put into it, but as Mick Jagger said, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try some times, you just might find, you'll get what you need" :D

Just gotta get the results of my S.O.W and Psychology exams next... 1/3 of the way there baby!

Well done on that.
    TV3 are currently showing the horrible Ellen show, Portia de Rossi you can do much better. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I loved the Jade Goody jokes, but then, i couldn't stand her. The Jacko jokes aren't as funny as the ones from when he was alive tho. :(

the reason the jade jokes are funnier then the jacko ones are 2 fold:

1) michael jackson was an amazing musician and an inspiration to many a generation whereas jade goody was a fame hungry pig headed racist.

2) the jade jokes are well thaught out and can be clever, whereas the majority of jacko jokes are either a) child abuse jokes or b) puns on his songs, so not clever or funny!
    Got the results of my ICT Case Study (first exam I did) today, got a B.!!

congrats shawn, ya put the work in so fair play to ya!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I was sure ShawnRaven would have failed his exam. he is a total f*cking d*ckhead when all is said and done

ive a feeling you wont be posting here again, not that a persons personality has anything at all to do with how one would do in their exams.

congrats shaun btw. although from the amount of talk about it i saw here on Off topic id say most thought youd def put enough work in to pass

• Advertisement

I was sure ShawnRaven would have failed his exam. he is a total f*cking d*ckhead when all is said and done

Hi flahavaj... bye flahavaj! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Thats a fairly strong accusation to be making if you are serious.

gimmick wrote: »
    Thats a fairly strong accusation to be making.

Not when you can back it up. But that's not up for questioning.

whoever it is Id suggest you remove the post of his from the perfect roster thread too... unless its true :eek: ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Ask the person who came up with the term. :P
    In other words, quit trying to push it!

I don't getcha.....?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I highly doubt it was flahavaj far too unimaginative for him to be fair.

pingu_girl wrote: »

We have enough to go on to believe otherwise. Or else he wouldn't have been banned.

Any more discussion on this will result in people following him. I've deleted enough posts and sent enough PM's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

pingu_girl wrote: »

We can compare ip addresses and there was a direct match between flahavaj and salvationarmy. salvationarmy has been sitebanned by an admin and we have permenantly banned flahavaj from the PW forum, with admin consent. If flahavaj can convince us it wasn't him he will be allowed access to this forum again, but that is up to him to prove and to argue against the evidence we have to the contrary.

This matter is not up for further discussion on this or any other thread on this forum, as per charter regulations. Please change the subject folks :)

Well done SR! Best of luck with the rest of them as well.

bulmers comedy fest announced recently, a few very good comedians lined up, i can see my bank account takin an absolute pounding :p anyone in here planning on heading to any of them?!

• Advertisement

Is boards running dodgily for anyone else? i.e like it was early yesterday for me and now where pages take FN ages to load

bulmers comedy fest announced recently, a few very good comedians lined up, i can see my bank account takin an absolute pounding :p anyone in here planning on heading to any of them?!

I know Robbie Bonham is doing the Laughter Lounge on the second week in July for 3 dates i think, i'd like to check out one of them. Been saying i'll go for years and never make it in. :)

Is boards running dodgily for anyone else? i.e like it was early yesterday for me and now where pages take FN ages to load

Going ok for me here on eircom 7MB

I know Robbie Bonham is doing the Laughter Lounge on the second week in July for 3 dates i think, i'd like to check out one of them. Been saying i'll go for years and never make it in. :)

yeah rob is brilliant alright, if he didnt make it fully there would be no hope for anyone on the scene!

Yep, since last night it has been running very slow...

its confusing me as non boards seems okay, loads fine. Then boards is ok for some not for others yet i have a fast connection and usually im able to download at like 200kb/s without web pages loading any slower but its slow for me now.

its confusing me as non boards seems okay, loads fine. Then boards is ok for some not for others yet i have a fast connection and usually im able to download at like 200kb/s without web pages loading any slower but its slow for me now.

I don't know whats going on...the broadband is 7.6 I think, but its a crappy connection at times anyway (UTV - stay away from them!). Can't wait to switch back to BT Ireland next month.

brolly wrote: »
    I don't know whats going on...the broadband is 7.6 I think, but its a crappy connection at times anyway (UTV - stay away from them!). Can't wait to switch back to BT Ireland next month.

Just watched The Wrestler again, forgot how much i actually enjoyed the soundtrack to it. 80s Hair metal heaven. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just had a look at the line-up. Rich Hall would be interesting to see live, must tell my bro about it actually, I think he has one of his CDs in his collection lol.

I'm going to see Michael McIntyre in Cork in two weeks time. Bought his live DVD a few weeks back and have yet to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Just had a look at the line-up. Rich Hall would be interesting to see live, must tell my bro about it actually, I think he has one of his CDs in his collection lol.

I'm going to see Michael McIntyre in Cork in two weeks time. Bought his live DVD a few weeks back and have yet to watch it.
    I hate that man even more than Jimmy Carr which is something I never thought I would say. I would like to see Rich Hall but everyone who I know who seen him came back with bad reviews. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement