Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Dj Work...

• 18-11-2008 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All..

I've been playing for quite a while now... mainly parties and private functions (30th's etc..) but am looking to get a regular gig in central Dub.

I don't necessarily have to play the same night every week or the same venue for that matter.

I'm using Traktor with my macbook with the Vestax VCI 100 so its pretty portable and can pretty much play anywhere.

I prefer to play House / Tech House but can play decent chart / indie / hip-hop depending on the venue / crowd etc...

Does anyone have any idea how to go about approaching bars / clubs? I have a couple of mixes burnt that I can also upload...

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Dublin seems to be a pretty closed shop DJ wise and its almost all about who you know. Do you go out clubbing in Dublin much to the gigs advertised int eh Clubbing section? Do you know many of the people who run the industry? Best to try to get to know some people and make them aware of their talents, and it might some after that. The DJ scene often has a much greater supply than demand when it comes to DJ's - however most would argue that there is always demand for talented DJ's.

Get some of your mixes online and promote yourself (I'll gladly feature you here, just get in contact). Use MySpace and the other forums to connect with other DJ's - ask them how they got to where they are and if they can advise you how to best get a gig, or recommend you for one. Offer to do some warm up sets for free and see how it goes from there.

This is just my experience I'm sure some of the actual working DJ's here can offer better advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Start you own Club and then hire yourself as a resident. Thats my plan.

Advertisement