Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring mobile home

Options
  • 18-11-2008 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

if you buy a mobile home in the north, is the electricity supply different in terms of connecting it up to the electric in the south. ie is it a different voltage . i suppose my question is, is it better to buy a southern one or does it not matter. also, are they easy to connect up electric wise. can the power be taken from a nearby shed which has power or does it have to be taken from the fusebox. is it a big job ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

if you buy a mobile home in the north, is the electricity supply different in terms of connecting it up to the electric in the south. ie is it a different voltage . i suppose my question is, is it better to buy a southern one or does it not matter. also, are they easy to connect up electric wise. can the power be taken from a nearby shed which has power or does it have to be taken from the fusebox. is it a big job ?

The voltage is slightly different, generally 240 in uk and 230 here. This will not affect your appliances.

Connecting up is normally done by the installer i thought? New vans normally have a fuse unit, and mcbs set up already. It will require just connect the mains incomer to the switch-fuse - one cable.

Advertisement