Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice - User acc automation for AD

Options
  • 18-11-2008 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Can someone please give a noob a dig out, im trying fix a script which was developed by someone else, who has left the co. I havent done any programming since college and could do with some help.

When I try to runthe script just finishes, with "finished creating users" and starting.... on the very bottom left hand side. I am logged into the lan with correct permissions etc.

I've attached the script, please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Does it create the users?

And how are you running it, cscript or wshscript?

And is your worksheet named users in the XLS file

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Hi,

It does nothing except display "finished etc", its using wscript I think, the worksheet is called users, everything looks ok.

Is there a worksheet named config as well in the workbook?

Yeh theres users and config. screenshot incl.

Ok.. B5 is the OU you will be creating the accounts in. Is that correct in reference to your current AD setup?

Hold up .. this is an Excel Macro

Are you running this from within Excel???

• Advertisement

Yes im running it through excel. B5 is where I'd be referencing the domain. just noticed its pointing to the incorrect OU so I've changed to the correct one and its coming up with this - Unable to bind to container: ou=TestUsers,dc=edu,dc=t,dc=ie

You need to bind it to the correct OU

Will do, thanks for your help... least theres an error now!

is your OU testuser.edu.t.ie

DC is the name of your domain.. so you need the correct LDAP string that matches your OU

LEX should help you out http://www.ldapexplorer.com/

Advertisement