Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLz help new build not starting

Options
  • 18-11-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi head is wrecked. I finally got all the bits for my new build and im not even getting to the bios screen. The moniter is just going onto standby when i power it up. Heres what i have.

Asus P5k/ EPU
    Intel Q6600
    Palit radeon hd 4870 1Gb sonic dual edition
    corsair dominator TWIN2X8500C5D 2gb
    NZXT HU-001B case
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2
    Corsair Powersupply 750W Black, ATX/EPS, 140mm Fan, 8xSATA, SLI

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Smallcats wrote: »
    Hi head is wrecked. I finally got all the bits for my new build and im not even getting to the bios screen. The moniter is just going onto standby when i power it up. Heres what i have.

Asus P5k/ EPU
    Intel Q6600
    Palit radeon hd 4870 1Gb sonic dual edition
    corsair dominator TWIN2X8500C5D 2gb
    NZXT HU-001B case
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB SATA2

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Power supply details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Smallcats

i stuck it up there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

i stuck it up there

Is there a good interface between the heatsink and CPU? Do any of the fans attempt to spin up?

ye all fans coming on cpu,case and graphics card fans coming on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Try another monitor..power seems ok as in all your major parts(cpu etc)seems to be getting power.If the fault still persists when u try it with a different monitor it could be a faulty port on your graffics card(or maybe the whole card could be fubared) and not the monitor itself.Also try the monitor port on the motherboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Joeface

Not sure this helps

But just built an Asus but with P5N32-E , Picky as f*ck about Ram , had to put 1 stick of ram only in different slots untill i got it to boot , once i did that bios eventually came up and i adjust for the ram i was using , no problems after that.

cant really think of anything else.

I tried a different moniter and it didn work theres no intergrated graphics card on mobo. i was thinking maybe the graphics card has to be installed? Its brand new graphic card

I was thinking it could be something to do with ram but as far as i know its set up right might try changing it around to see

I was thinking it could be something to do with ram but as far as i know its set up right might try changing it around to see

Do you have any other RAM you can try, or another machine the RAM can be tested in?

tried changing the ram around nothin dont have any more ram

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

I'd be inclined to agree that it could be the RAM. Not necessarily a problem with the RAM but in the way motherboard is setting up timings/voltage. Have you tried clearing the BIOS completely? Set BIOS clear jumper, take out the mobo battery and leave for about 20 minutes... Then put jumper and battery back and try again.

have tried that already and did no good.

The manuel is saying that if i install DDR2-1066 i have to set the DRAM Frequency item in BIOS to (DDR2-1066Mhz) Thats me problem have to use DDR2-800Mhz firstb then switch it over. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The manuel is saying that if i install DDR2-1066 i have to set the DRAM Frequency item in BIOS to (DDR2-1066Mhz) Thats me problem have to use DDR2-800Mhz firstb then switch it over. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, you shouldn't, the 1066MHz stuff should have no issues running at the lower speed before you make the change in the BIOS.

Try running the board, RAM and video card alone outside the case.

I tried that and still nothing

Got her going. sorry for wasting your time it was the atx 12v 4 pin connector that i din have connected

Cheers

Advertisement