Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ER

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

One of the best ER episodes for a long time.
    Very clever flashback.

Great to see Greene, Weaver, Halle, Jerry and esp. Romano back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WENTY07

Fantastic ep "Heal Thyself" on RTE last night,Oscar Nominee Ms Bassett was superb and so deserves an Emmy Nom for this ep but unfortunately she wont since "er" hasnt been flavour of the month for years.

Eps like this makes one realise that "Greys" will never attain "er's" greatness(even in its 15th season) and i've stopped watching that shows current 5th season on rte2 due to its ridiculous plots and continued moaning,whining of Woeful Ellen Pompeo and co.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭jdscrubs

Bar Dr Greene, I hope that isnt the last we saw of the other ones who were only in it very briefly last night. Good episode though though the link between the past and present story was somewhat tenous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I loved last night's episode. I used to watch it religiously when Dr Greene was in it and I like the way they placed the flashbacks in the middle of his own personal illness trauma. I always loved Dr Romano - though methinks he has put on a few pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

mags16 wrote: »
    I loved last night's episode. I used to watch it religiously when Dr Greene was in it and I like the way they placed the flashbacks in the middle of his own personal illness trauma. I always loved Dr Romano - though methinks he has put on a few pounds.

Christ, it seems like decades since we saw Romano-hating helicopters come crashing from the sky to chop of his arms/kill him! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

loved last nights. flashback was great. really nice to see of the old cast in the flashes. i could feel my eyes watering up just watching it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

hayser wrote: »
    It's on More4 on Thursday at 9.00 p.m repeated at 12.00 a.m. It's also repeated on Monday night on More4 at 11.00 p.m.

Thanks, sounds like I missed a great episode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

joey54 wrote: »
    Thanks, sounds like I missed a great episode!

I think they are 2 episodes behind so it won't be until next thrusday but just keep an eye out I amn't sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

ffs
    are they gonna kill Carter for the grand finale? wud be suitably depressing i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

im watching it on us tv and just up to the latest one..not sure what one is on RTE but it it was the episode "the beginning of the end" and as said before,Carter is back...MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - i am warning ye.....
    he has cancer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

that was on two weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

ah ok :) wasnt sure...seems like thats the way it will head towards the end. with all the others coming back for the goodbye or whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

ah ok :) wasnt sure...seems like thats the way it will head towards the end. with all the others coming back for the goodbye or whatever
    :(i have a good cry ever thursday nite last one so sad .....loves it will miss it loads :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

is anyone else starting to like Brenner - after Sundays ep i really like him now cos he was a 'victim'! I didnt like him before cos of him being with Neela. But he acted that really well i have to say...

leahyl wrote: »
    is anyone else starting to like Brenner - after Sundays ep i really like him now cos he was a 'victim'! I didnt like him before cos of him being with Neela. But he acted that really well i have to say...
    :)only watch on thurs nite sooo sad this will be the end :(

• Advertisement

joey54 wrote: »
    Missed tonights episode on RTE, anybody know if they repeat it during the week?
    thursday nite on E4 or more4 sure its more4:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Last night was the big 'un in America. :D (episode 19)

Best episode of ER, ever!
    The Clooney & Marguiles stuff worked brilliantly. I was worried that it would feel out of place or tacked on but it wasn't. They even used the old Doug & Carol music from the early seasons. :eek: Spoiler warning 2cmvl07.gif
    They were however completely upstaged by Eriq LaSalle. All of his scenes were brilliant. I missed him so much. :( He even called Carter 'John'. 2cmvl07.gif I can't be too sure but I think that's a first for him.
    Spoiler warning 2cmvl07.gif2cmvl07.gif2cmvl07.gif I'd go gay for Dr. Benton.

God, I'm gonna miss this show when it's over in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On various discussion forums I've read, people are saying that episode would have been a perfect series finale. They are not going to watch any more episodes because they couldn't even come close to topping last nights one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Mr E wrote: »
    On various discussion forums I've read, people are saying that episode would have been a perfect series finale. They are not going to watch any more episodes because they couldn't even come close to topping last nights one.

Ye it could have been,in a way I suppose. But then all the characters from the last few seasons wouldn't have had their stories finished.Which perhaps a lot of people don't care about,but still a lot of them have been on the show for a few seasons.

And the episode itself was great.really good to see
    all the old characters back,benton and carter,doug and carol. It was a really good episode.I know Carter has been in a few eps already,but with Benton it seemed a lot like "Old Times".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Where abouts is RTE in these episodes now? Has Dr Ross come back yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Hey! For fans of ER RTÉ are doing an experiment called storyland on the internet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055514530

In the forum above you can see a show called Psych Ward which is well worth the look and the vote.

I don't usually do this on boards, I have nothing to do with the production I just think it is a very slick 7 min short and well worth the look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Just watched the final episode. :(

I can't believe it's over. :( It was an absolutely wonderful send-off.
    The patients were great. Ernest Borgnine will probably get an emmy, he was amazing. I didn't even know he was still alive until he showed up a few weeks ago. It also had the most graphic birth I've ever seen on tv. I had to look away. The squabling couple from the wedding reception were hilarious, too. And Jerry & Frank fighting about inane things as per usual...

There was so many parallels, nods and references to the pilot, it made me giddy. It was similar to The Wire finale in that it did an incredible job of bookending the show.Carter asking an overwhelmed and scared Rachel if she she was coming in, just like Mark did to Carter, Lydia waking up Morris at the start, just like she did to Mark, and the new intern from The Gilmore Girls(can't remember her characters name) having a very rough first day and wondering if she can go on working there, just like Carter. All mirroring scenes from the very first episode. I thought re-introducing Rachel was such a wonderful touch. Having her mentored by Carter, just like her father mentored him. :( I was relieved that there were no gimmicks or stunts or anything like that. It was very much a case of, the ER will go on as normal, even though we won't ever see it again.

The very final scene was 2cmvl07.gif2cmvl07.gif2cmvl07.gif It'll live long in my memory. Such a perfect way to end it all. I'm really gonna miss these character so damn much. Seeing the opening credits again for the first time in years was just amazing, too.

RIP to one of the best shows I've ever seen. There won't ever be another like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Where abouts is RTE in these episodes now? Has Dr Ross come back yet?

RTE are advertising the Doug/Carol episode for next Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 WENTY07

The trailer for Sunday's ep with Clooney,Margulies,Sarandon etc looks great,looking forward to it as this brilliant drama airs its final few eps here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Last night was the finale on RTE 1 and it was great episode and ending to a great show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gidget

I only saw half of it on More 4 a few weeks because i fainted watching it :o it was just after watching the bit where the woman who had the twins and the blood starts pouring out of her all over the floor. Embarrasing i know but i just remember watching it and going thats a bit much. i've seen birth programmes before but never saw that likes of that happen and i know it's only make believe but i started imagining it being real and feeling sick and suddenly needing to lie down when the next thing my dad's standing over me trying to revive me because i passed out. You would think i would be used to it since i used to work in a hospital!!!

However as it was such a good episode for the first half i insisted on braving it out to watch it on RTE as i was more prepared for it. I really liked the ending when they were all standing waiting for the emergency vechicles as the good and united medical team that they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

gidget wrote: »
    I only saw half of it on More 4 a few weeks because i fainted watching it :o it was just after watching the bit where the woman who had the twins and the blood starts pouring out of her all over the floor. Embarrasing i know but i just remember watching it and going thats a bit much. i've seen birth programmes before but never saw that likes of that happen and i know it's only make believe but i started imagining it being real and feeling sick and suddenly needing to lie down when the next thing my dad's standing over me trying to revive me because i passed out. You would think i would be used to it since i used to work in a hospital!!!

However as it was such a good episode for the first half i insisted on braving it out to watch it on RTE as i was more prepared for it. I really liked the ending when they were all standing waiting for the emergency vechicles as the good and united medical team that they were.

Ya gidget that part with the birth was quite gross alright - not suprising you collapsed!!

And i agree about the ending too - great way to end it with the old (and best) theme music kicking in - it's the strangest feeling that it's over - i've never felt this way about a tv show - 15 years is a long time!! Although i'f i'm honest i've only watched it for about 11 of those 15 years:P But it's been great:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

JP Liz wrote: »
    Last night was the finale on RTE 1 and it was great episode and ending to a great show

Jaysus Liz you're very possessive of your own threads, aren't you? :)
    Its like "Istartedathread6monthsagoandeveryonehastousethatonegodammit". :D

(Even though there is a very active discussion of the finale happening on another thread).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Mr E wrote: »
    Jaysus Liz you're very possessive of your own threads, aren't you? :)

And always perfectly happy to start a new thread on a show if there isn't one already. :pac:

Anywho, on topic, haven't seen the finale yet but looking forward to seeing it during the week.

Advertisement