Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 days of Action to bring awareness of the issue of violence against women

Options
  • 18-11-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I don't work for these guys but I found the flyer and I think it's a good cause, especially if you're a woman with too many shoes (what? never!). So, in case that applies, FYI:

The 16 days of Action 25th November to 10th December 2008 is to bring awareness of the issue of violence against women. Since 1996, 146 women have been reported murdered in Ireland as a result of domestic violence.

Solas Resource Centre are planning to run an event "In her shoes". The plan entails collecting 146 pairs of womens' shoes. Each pair of shoes representing one woman who has been murdered. Each pair of shoes will have a label attached, written on each label will be the name and date of death for each woman who has been murdered.

You can help us make this a very successful campaign by donating a pair of shoes and your support will be greatly appreciated. Please drop them into Solas Resource Centre on Main Street Headford or phone 093-36446.

(PS I rang them to find out what would be happening with the shoes after the campaign - they will be donated to charity)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

:)that is a good cause, and i shall be digging some shoes out and take them down there!! typical bloody woman i am, too many shoes not enough feet.
    thanks for that x claire

Advertisement