Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Problem

• 18-11-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭

i have a astec alarm and it has stopped working,
    the other day it went off & the keypad was blank,
    but the pir's where still showing power, there is power
    going to the main panel i checked with a tester.
    Keypad is still blank and it's like there is no power,

Any one having any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I was going to say check the internal fuses but the Astec doesn't have any to replace.
    Try swapping over to a different pair of wires to eliminate a fault with the wiring. Failing that put a meter across the terminals to see if you get some sort of reading, not sure what reading you will get as the voltage and data are sent down the same pair.
    Last thing would be to replace the keypad. I might have one or two knocking around that you could borrow to check

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can eliminate the wiring and the keypad in one go by disconnecting the keypad bringing it to the panel & wire it in directly on a short lenght of cable. If there are anyother keypads connected disconnect these.
    Also try powering the system down (disconnect mains & battery) & power up again

Advertisement