Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Boots store for Fairgreen Centre Mullingar...

Options
  • 18-11-2008 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Has anyone heard that Boots is to open a new larger store in town at the Fairgreen SC?

It seems that a recent application was made by them to register "Unit 4, Fairgreen Shopping Centre,Mullingar, Co. Westmeath" as a location where they wish to carry out the "Provision of pharmaceutical services and administration of pharmacies" - application viewable here:

http://www.dataprotection.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/register/display.asp?ID=2470%2FA

Havent been reading the local papers recently so maybe this is old news.
    I assume they must be nearing the end of their 10 year lease at Harbour Place so may be closing the existing store or hopefully they keep both operating. Not sure when its scheduled to open, you'd imagine before Christmas however that maybe a push at this late stage. Either way its another good addition to the centre and a positive step for improving Mullingars retail provision.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Where is the fairgreen shopping centre? is it the one with M&S? It'd be an ideal place for it if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

kerash wrote: »
    Where is the fairgreen shopping centre? is it the one with M&S? It'd be an ideal place for it if that's the case.

Yes thats the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Presume they're moving out of Harbour place so?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

Not sure about Boot's moving to Fairgreen Shopping centre, althougth that would be good as the one in Harbour Place is far to small for a town this size.
    I had a look on the "Pleanala" website and nothing on there i am afraid, as Boot's will need to apply for planning and all that, i read somewhere that the owners have been granted permission to expand the shopping centre so mabye that will happen after the work is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

I'd have thought a move to thew new central development would have made more sense, I find I only go to fairgreen when I have to, it's not one of these places you just pass by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 wetminger

Well i can exclusively reveal its true, Boots is opening a large new store in the Fairgreen centre - as confirmed from the centres managers website -

http://www.lexemeretailpropertygroup.com/13184%20Mullingar%20proof.pdf

If you look at the siteplan of the centre there is a large new boots store located next to M&S. Happy Days!

wetminger wrote: »
    Well i can exclusively reveal its true, Boots is opening a large new store in the Fairgreen centre - as confirmed from the centres managers website -

http://www.lexemeretailpropertygroup.com/13184%20Mullingar%20proof.pdf

If you look at the siteplan of the centre there is a large new boots store located next to M&S. Happy Days!

Well done on finding out this info, i had given up on trying to find out what was happening with this place, but at least now we know.
    The whole expansion looks very promising !!!.

Spoke to one of the assistants in M&S today and she told me that Boots where originally supposed to open the store before Xmas just gone, but they have postponed it until early summertime 09.

Apparantly they felt that they wouldn't have been able to get the place up and running for Xmas the way they wanted.

Can't wait LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wetminger

Did that Boots ever actually open then?? Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

No sign of the new Boots yet - but there is a lot of building work going on in that area at the mo. Don't know if you saw this :

http://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/articles/1/38038/

So hopefully it will be there soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement