Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway square

• 18-11-2008 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hey... wondering if anyone could help us to find rooms in railway square... There are two of us looking both girls... If you no anyone that has rooms that will be coming available that would be great...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Have you tried bookaroom.ie they usually have a few apartments for rent there.

http://www.bookaroom.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Calicon Property also have a large percentage of the apartments up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭emma-fly

Tried ringing them already but they werent the most helpful.. Kept changing us to other people.. Said i would try and see if anyone knows of any rooms that might be coming free but arent advertised yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Best bet is to gawk around the college (usually the toilets by the F corridor are flooded with these adverts), maybe even Daft.ie. Otherwise, try the numbers on the the sign on the window (not sure who it is).

I tried the number in the window.That is the bookaroom.ie number and i havnt seen any ads round the college.. So i posted here to see if anyone personally knows of rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

if you want ill put you in touch with a letting agent that has a few apartments there alright

just drop me a pm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I found one of the letting companys unhelpful (cant recall who it was at the time) when I called them a few years ago about the apartments. Usually these apartments are all taken by now anyway, as I know a few students in the WIT forum couldnt get a room as its booked out a good bit in advance.

Were just hoping for the best and seeing if people might have moved out in the mean time...As of dropping out of college... cant afford it...

emma-fly wrote: »
    Were just hoping for the best and seeing if people might have moved out in the mean time...As of dropping out of college... cant afford it...

If you dont mind me asking - why so late in the semster are you looking for accommodation and why does it have to be Railway Square?

To be honest i do mind you asking why we want to move out. We just want to move to railway square cause we love there apartments and there close to town and bus stops and most importantly they are really close to tesco lol...

• Advertisement

emma-fly wrote: »
    To be honest i do mind you asking why we want to move out. We just want to move to railway square cause we love there apartments and there close to town and bus stops and most importantly they are really close to tesco lol...

Fair enough, just trying to get the bigger picture to aid you the best way possible. Well best of luck - a lot of students looked for their accommodation ages ago and got themselves sorted. Railway Square is very popular and is one of the harder apartment blocks to get into. They offer both business and student apartments. There are plenty of other areas near here which offer accommodation but at this stage its best to go to the likes of BookARoom or keep an eye out for notices.

As this topic is more a college accommodation request, ill move it to the appropriate forum. If anybody know of any number for the management company responsible for Railway Square please send Emma a quick PM.

Topic Moved

This topic has nothing to do with college problems it has to do with acccomadation and it is more applicable to waterford city i prefer it was there... If i tought it would get more views in the wit section i would have originally posted it there.. I understand that i should keep on eye on bookarooms which is what i am doing in conjunction with adding this board. I am looking for people that may personally know of free rooms before they are advertised so i might have a greater chance of getting them.

Its nothing to do with views. If its college accommodation, it goes in WIT. If its not college accommodation, Waterford is fine. There are forums for different areas of interest. :)

As per your explanation you are willing to take both student and non-student type of accommodation but only in Railway Square. So ill move it back to Waterford City forum. Thanks for the clarification. Best of luck :)

Topic Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Emma 1 Sully 0

:D

bet i get an infraction for that :rolleyes:

What about accomodation in the apartments in the old Infirmary....thats a stones throw from the railway square complex... something to consider if you dont have any luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Emma 1 Sully 0

:D

bet i get an infraction for that :rolleyes:

Ask and you shall receive.

Another smart assed comment like that and you're banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

takola wrote: »

come on like

is this forum really as bad as they say? is this a land where humour is not allowed?

clearly a joke and a little fun poke

so how long is my ban then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

takola wrote: »

fair enough...i better stick to other parts of boards so

Problems - PM the mod. Some people have a bit of an attitude lately on this forum all of a sudden. A low patience level is applied to such people. Its a warning - take it and get on with your life.

Back on topic.

Thanks everyone for trying to help :D

Advertisement