Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help, monitor not working.

Options
  • 18-11-2008 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I bought a nice 22 inch widescreen yesterday. The contrast is 4000:1 with 2 ms refresh rate and a resolution of 1680 x 1050. I have a 320MB 8800GTS graphics card. Now the monitor worked lastnight, I used the newer connection, DVI i think? My graphics card has 2 DVI and no analogue input. The monitor has two outputs, AVI and analogue.

I am using the onboard graphics at the moment.

Can the monitor mess up my graphics card? Any ideas as to why this is not working, I mean the monitor is working but not in the DVI slot of my graphics card.

The card is about 14 months old. Not overclocked either. Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I took out the card, changed the power cable going to the card and it worked. I mean what the hell could have happened it? The card may have become loose but there are screws and a clip on the card so how could it have come lose?

Advertisement