Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made a stupid mistake ,anything I can do about it ?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hi ,sorry if this is a stupid question but I made a stupid mistake and I'd like to sort it out.

Basically started playing the game for the first time ,got killed and started floating around the place. I managed to float off the island I was on and now I don't seem to be able to float back up onto it.

I think the island is called telaldriss ,the one thats a big huge tree. I've started playing again getting back up to level four ,but I'd like to use my original name.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Hit the question mark at the bottom of the screen and talk to a GM,

He will sort it for you

And actually, i did the exact same thing when i first started a nelf, its too easy to do and far too confusing when you are just starting out,

If you travel around the whole bottom of Teldrassil, you will find a portal to get back up, but as you are only starting, easier to get a GM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

WellyJ wrote: »
    Hit the question mark at the bottom of the screen and talk to a GM,

He will sort it for you

And actually, i did the exact same thing when i first started a nelf, its too easy to do and far too confusing when you are just starting out,

If you travel around the whole bottom of Teldrassil, you will find a portal to get back up, but as you are only starting, easier to get a GM

Nice one ,I created a ticket last night and waited a while for a reply.

I'll give it a go and have a look for the portal ,I tried the east of the island where I seen there was grass ,obviously no joy.
    Quality game ,can't believe it's not butter:)

311 wrote: »
    Nice one ,I created a ticket last night and waited a while for a reply.

I'll give it a go and have a look for the portal ,I tried the east of the island where I seen there was grass ,obviously no joy.
    Quality game ,can't believe it's not butter:)

Look for a small harbour town, and head in there, you will see the large portal at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Best way is actually to head directly out to sea. Once you reach a short distance away from the island, you'll be hit by 'fatigue'. Once the bar runs out, you'll be teleported back to the spirit healer. And yes, I found this solution out the hard way :)

Cheers lads for the replies ,someone must have cured me. When I logged back in this evening ,I was on dry land:)

Is it ok for me to tag along with other people ? ,I've noticed if I throw my pointer over someone who is fighting I can get their power reading ,if it's lower than their target I give them a hand.
    I find myself tagging along and opening chests.

Not sure if this is ok though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

Cheers lads for the replies ,someone must have cured me. When I logged back in this evening ,I was on dry land:)

Is it ok for me to tag along with other people ? ,I've noticed if I throw my pointer over someone who is fighting I can get their power reading ,if it's lower than their target I give them a hand.
    I find myself tagging along and opening chests.

Not sure if this is ok though

unless you are in a group with other people do not open chests that other people have killed to get access to, this is seen as stealing or "ninja'ing" and is frowned upon in a major way.

also if you are in a group the common thing is for people to "roll" for first go at the chest, if this omes up in the game just type /roll and you will pick a random number between 1-100 highest numbers gets the chest, the same sometimes applies to valuable items in dungeons

thanks zygote ,I asked a guy how do I kneel in front of a chest and he said Right click. Nothing happened though and I think he knew I didn't know what I was doing.

I had a feeling though that I shouldn't be where I was ,most of the creatures where level 9 or 10 and I'm only level 5.
    So it's good to know where I stand ,I know I can't keep up the new guy thing for long.

Thanks.

thanks zygote ,I asked a guy how do I kneel in front of a chest and he said Right click. Nothing happened though and I think he knew I didn't know what I was doing.

I had a feeling though that I shouldn't be where I was ,most of the creatures where level 9 or 10 and I'm only level 5.
    So it's good to know where I stand ,I know I can't keep up the new guy thing for long.

Thanks.

I really envy you btw,

First couple of months in wow is the best gaming experience I have ever had :(

At this stage I don't see anything ever matching it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Im sure if you press the stuck button it will work if your dead and It will use your heartstone cooldown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

That won't work with that bug because your free falling and unstuck just says your moving so won't Heart Stone, think if you just alt f4 and log back in it should be ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Get your self on a server that some of the WoW players here are on. For example I'm on Terenas, my name is Ansidhe in game. Then you can add some of us as friends, that way you can ask us questions or for help in the game if you need it.

After that you have the option of joining a Guild, there are a few Irish ones, again a great way to surround yourself with knowlegable players. I'm not a hardcore raider, I enjoy the social aspect of the game more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

This guy reminds me of the mysterious Paladin guy who had a whole journal on this... wish he would come back or...

maybe this guy could keep a diary of his travels with screenshots and stories and the likes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Get your self on a server that some of the WoW players here are on. For example I'm on Terenas, my name is Ansidhe in game. Then you can add some of us as friends, that way you can ask us questions or for help in the game if you need it.

After that you have the option of joining a Guild, there are a few Irish ones, again a great way to surround yourself with knowlegable players. I'm not a hardcore raider, I enjoy the social aspect of the game more.

Nooo.. Terrible idea, Herselfs brother started playing a few months ago but was havign terrible issues of "noobness" So i told him to join my realm and ill be around to answer questions etc etc... Worst mistake ever, nice chap but **** me he dosen't leave me alone...4am raiding BT pre patch it was a question every few mins :/

Hey ,don't worry about answering questions in game. I'm probably better off playing it by ear and hopefully people will add me when Im playing.

I made up a name Brunmasten.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

After, 24 hours I think but might be 12, of being dead and logged out the game automatically resurrects you and leaves you at a safe location.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

Theres is an auto unstuck button for this very thing when you go into help. Click it and you go back to the spirit healer.

quinta wrote: »
    Theres is an auto unstuck button for this very thing when you go into help. Click it and you go back to the spirit healer.

Not always, even as a ghost it sometimes just moves you a few yards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Manties wrote: »
    Nooo.. Terrible idea, Herselfs brother started playing a few months ago but was havign terrible issues of "noobness" So i told him to join my realm and ill be around to answer questions etc etc... Worst mistake ever, nice chap but **** me he dosen't leave me alone...4am raiding BT pre patch it was a question every few mins :/
    Ah but I dont raid as such. Maybe in a few months. I play with my wife and son, and we normally group together etc. I dont mind helping someone out starting in the game, heck I'm still somewhat of a noob myself concerning wow.

Advertisement