Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNP membership list leaked online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It raises the interesting question of whether we are entitled to privacy about which party we're a member of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

nesf wrote: »
    It raises the interesting question of whether we are entitled to privacy about which party we're a member of.

Well if some of the people on that list are employed in areas that refuse BNP recognition, they're kinda screwed like being members of the police force or the army.

deise59 wrote: »
    Well if some of the people on that list are employed in areas that refuse BNP recognition, they're kinda screwed like being members of the police force or the army.

Then they only have themselves to blame for becoming official members. I've no sympathy for them to be honest, they could be supporters and not registered members and avoided the whole problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I was especially struck by the irony of this, taken from here http://lancasteruaf.blogspot.com/ ...
    Curiously, there are quite a number of BNP members abroad, presumably ex-pats or those working abroad temporarily - Australia, the USA, United Arab Emirates, Sao Paulo, Spain and the Netherlands were some that I noticed. Isn't the BNP opposed to foreign workers? I'm sure it was last time I looked.
    One rule for them and another for those damn furriners, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Alun wrote: »
    I was especially struck by the irony of this, taken from here http://lancasteruaf.blogspot.com/ ...

One rule for them and another for those damn furriners, eh?

But they have to go abroad to take up the "white man's burden", with those who go to England are clearly just evil untermench after the white women and trying to undermine society....Completely logical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Any chance of a PM with the link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

I presume mods/admins have access to user PMs, yes?

I have a copy of the list but, obviously, I won't be posting either it or a link to it up.
    All I'll say is that it is still available, if you know where to look.

On topic, I know it's a terrible thing to say but it couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people.

Quinine wrote: »
    I presume mods/admins have access to user PMs, yes?

Mods don't, admins probably do but I don't know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

Eh. As glad as I am about this I'd rather not be a contributing force anyway.

I think Admins only access peoples PM's as a last resort. I'll be happy to PM the link to anyone that wants it if its given the ok by the mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I was shocked to see social workers on the list. Not so surprised to see soldiers/police. Can't imagine as many members are going to pay their subs for next year after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I'll take a copy of the list please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

grizzly wrote: »
    I was shocked to see social workers on the list. Not so surprised to see soldiers/police. Can't imagine as many members are going to pay their subs for next year after this.
    I found the listing of hobbies as the most bizarre aspect of it. What does playing bowls have to do with the price of fish?

My links been deleted so I can't forward it on to anymore posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

deise59 wrote: »
    My links been deleted so I can't forward it on to anymore posters.

well that was only a matter of time. I wonder how long it was posted up online before anybody actually found/noticed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

grizzly wrote: »

Yeah, because all social workers are nice people who have never had negative experiences with members of other races.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

There have been people at BNP rallies photographing protesters and publishing said photographs with names, addresses etc on sites like redwatch for years. It's karma coming back to bite these people.

seem to be a few members in the republic. one in Galway, one in Sligo and a number in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

This should be interesting, I wonder if anything will actually come of this? I guess there is a danger that it could go the same way as the peadophile thing a few years back, where people had their houses attacked because a peado used to live there, or people with the same name were attacked.

There is an issue I suppose with is your membership of a political party considered public knowledge, but feck it, most of these guys deserve a bit of fear anyway.

One worrying thing though, in the papers this morning the BNP are claiming that not everyone on that list is a current member, I got the impression that some may be people who expressed an interest or others who have since left. If you join a party like this at 14 because it seems cool, then when you get to 18 you realise what a crock of **** it actually is, do you still deserve to have your name published and be at risk of losing your job?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Topic is discussed here too at some length: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055422146

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Yeah, because all social workers are nice people who have never had negative experiences with members of other races.
    :rolleyes: I presume "other" means non-white? I'm sure plenty of people have had bad experiences with non-white people, but I'm also sure that most people have had bad experiences with white people too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

I believe the leak could be quite a positive thing for the BNP. They are getting huge amounts of publicity and can play on the fact that the party is full of ordinary law abiding workers (like social workers, soldiers etc.) and not skinhead thugs like the media have always made them out to be. It gives them the respectability that they have always wanted and if their members are attacked or harrassed they will get further attention for being victims of crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I wonder how many listed are not "white British"?

Oh, and as for the vigilante groups that may attack the BNP people... the BNP will play the victim, and may actually give them power.

You'd wonder who leaked the list? If not one of the listed have any criminal background, it may be an orchestrated "leak". To what ends, I don't know, but we'll see.

/edit

As someone said...
    But you know, if they push this, the police officer might have a very good defense. That information was posted online illegally so the police obtained it illegally. Can anyone say “inadmissable evidence”? A good lawyer can rip the case to shreds in 2 minutes flat.
    That'll be interesting.

=-=

Oh, and if the BNP are thugs, are we going to see a lot of unemployed thugs gathering suddenly? Some with military training? Heck, some may be in Iraq. I wonder how many will have died for their country in Iraq?

=-=

Rough map of the membership: http://spod.cx/bnp_members_list.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

The main anti fascist group in the UK has moved away from attacking and confronting the BNP at street level. They now try and challenge them in the working class sink estates that have been abandoned by New Labour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the_syco wrote: »
    Rough map of the membership: http://spod.cx/bnp_members_list.shtml
    http://bnpnearme.co.uk/

is there any way of cross checking how representative the list is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

I can put the list up if the Mods can give me the ok!!

There was actually a guy from Galway with his mobile number on it, let's just say I told him what I thought of him.

I can put the list up if the Mods can give me the ok!!

There was actually a guy from Galway with his mobile number on it, let's just say I told him what I thought of him.

nice one, the BNP will love this sort of thing.:rolleyes:

you may have just commited a criminal act by the way.

nice one, the BNP will love this sort of thing.:rolleyes:

you may have just commited a criminal act by the way.

To be honest I'd say he's more worried about the guys that broke all his windows. (Well that's what I heard)

Here's the list for anyone wouldn't be surprised if your on it Freddy boy.

<mod snip>

To be honest I'd say he's more worried about the guys that broke all his windows. (Well that's what I heard)

Here's the list for anyone wouldn't be surprised if your on it Freddy boy.

why?

I can assure you I am not. I despise the BNP, they are like any other nationalist organisation, full of sad gits who blame their own pathetic life on others.

Ring any bells?:D

why?

I can assure you I am not. I despise the BNP, they are like any other nationalist organisation, full of sad gits who blame their own pathetic life on others.

Ring any bells?:D

Well then don't worry if the BNP are happy about it or not.

Nothing ring bells with me I know my countrys history unlike some.

• Advertisement

Well then don't worry if the BNP are happy about it or not.

Nothing ring bells with me I know my countrys history unlike some.

I don't care if the BNP are happy with it, I am more worried that the actions of a few "Vigilantes" will give them increased publicity. Hard luck stories make good press and may increase their support.

The best thing that can happen to the BNP is some muppet using an Arabic alias throwing bricks at their windows. "See, we told you they woz dangerous".

Advertisement