Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a fair price?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just canvassing opinions from any graphic designers here.

Roughly what would you quote to lay out a 16 page A4 full color magazine, from scratch to print ready? You can assume it's an ongoing job not a one off, so all the work you do - mastheads, templates etc. - will be reused from issue to issue. What would you charge per issue?

I'm looking to get an idea of the commercial price here, not nixer or mates rates.

P.S. don't go to loads of trouble, there's no work in it, I just need something for comparison purposes so a rough idea will do fine.

Any replies welcome. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

I'd give myself an hourly rate. Depending on how generous I'm feeling. €20 - €30. The lower the skill level, the lower the rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Our house rates are €50 per hour, something like your job... if we were printing it on an ongoing basis would be €250 for initial design (templates etc)
    €150 per issue thereafter. Keep in mind - these are rates from a competitive print house (where we can absorb some of the design outlay by the fact we make money on the printing) A dedicated design house will take a lot longer, charging a lot more... and rightly so, because you'll get an improved product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Many thanks for the input, guys. I'll have to give this some thought.

Cheers.

Advertisement