Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I normal?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Is there something thats been on your mind for a while, something random that you think or do, and you've always just wanted to ask AM I NORMAL?

Heres the place to do it!

You post your mini dilemma, we tell you if we think your normal and so on, and so forth.

For example;

Ever since watching the Truman show, I'd have this random thought every now and then that my life WAS the Truman show... not something I was about to share with anyone, and it wasn't something I lost any sleep over or anything but sitting on the bus the other day with a good friend (and boardsie ;)) she turns to me and says;

"Hey Cmol, do you ever think that your life is the Truman Show?"

Whether that makes me normal or both of us slightly off our rockers is a different story altogether, but it comforts me to know im not the only one...

So go on, share with the agony aunties and uncles of the LL, what does your innner crazy lady tell you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

God, what a weirdo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

.....my life ISN'T the Truman Show?

I sometimes prepare conversations in my head, that I know I'll never have. I picture scenarios, I get strange urges etc.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sometimes I get this weird feeling that I'm moderating a forum on the internet that's especially for women. Obviously can't be true as there are no women on the internet...

Zaph wrote: »
    Sometimes I get this weird feeling that I'm moderating a forum on the internet that's especially for women. Obviously can't be true as there are no women on the internet...

Jaysus that's pretty messed up alright!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Clare Bear wrote: »
    God, what a weirdo....

I was expecting that :p I wont tell you my other one so! :pac:
    Rozabeez wrote: »

I sometimes prepare conversations in my head, that I know I'll never have. I picture scenarios, I get strange urges etc.

I do that too, like if I think someones about to have an argument with me I have all my points all lined out, ready to tear their heads off - somehow I magically know what they're going to say too..

Its never worked out though, they never know their lines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Rozabeez wrote: »

I do that! I prepare converstaion, that I very very rarely have, and I picture scenarios in my head, usually to do with said conversations! So either, we're both weird, or we're both normal! ;):D

Cmol wrote: »

I do that too, like if I think someones about to have an argument with me I have all my points all lined out, ready to tear their heads off - somehow I magically know what they're going to say too..

Its never worked out though, they never know their lines

LOL Me too! How dare they not go along with the script!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

YES!! I always do that. I spend more time thinking about things that arent real!! Like I picture bumping into random people I know and then mad things happening and having conversations with other people I know I would never have and imagining situations that will NEVER happen...
    I really have a vivid imagination.
    Im always doing it! Its more fun than reality!!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

So that's four of us with the imaginary conversations and arguments!

The people in my head say we're normal ;)

I envy people with the ability to edit their thoughts!
    Alot of the time there is absolutly nothing going inside my head, so I panic and rush them when they come along.

• Advertisement

WIN! See, dont we all feel better :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

Yes actually I was a bit worried about myself!! Like I think weird things!!!...
    For example, earlier I imagined that my boyfriend came in and told me that he was breaking up with me and it turned out he was in love with my mother and the 2 of them left me. Then his best friend came to comfort me and proposed to me. Its like a soap opera inside my head sometimes!!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Tbh, I have to study The Truman Show for the leaving cert and thought the same thing when I saw it.

EDIT;

Yay 1000 posts

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

creggy wrote: »
    Tbh, I have to study The Truman Show for the leaving cert and thought the same thing when I saw it.

It appears that the Leaving's changed a lot since I did it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I do that! I prepare converstaion, that I very very rarely have, and I picture scenarios in my head, usually to do with said conversations! So either, we're both weird, or we're both normal! ;):D

I have entire conversations with people in my dreams, then can never figure out if the conversation happened IRL, it can be dreadfully confusing.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I think the fact that your friend is using your boards handle in real life and you didn't see a problem with this would indicate that neither of you are normal;):D

I think the fact that your friend is using your boards handle in real life and you didn't see a problem with this would indicate that neither of you are normal;):D

Thats not normal?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I do that! I always do that. Sometimes i find myself saying them out loud too... It's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

This thread has just made me feel so much better. Even if it doesnt mean were normal at least we can all be nuts together. :P

I regularly have conversations with myself in my head. I imagine conversations/scenarios with people that would never actually happen. And as someone else mentioned, I sometimes cant distinguish if my dreams were dreams or actually happened... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

I always thought everyone had conversations in their head. If I'm even talking to somebody for real I sometimes think of what I'll say in advance and then my brain will usually freeze and I'll make a mess off it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Whenever i meet a new guy i always wonder is he normal, when it becomes apparent that he isn't i freak out that i'm not normal and i have all the bad relationship karma in the galaxy and i'm really a giant weirdo magnet! Normal men where are you!!!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

And as someone else mentioned, I sometimes cant distinguish if my dreams were dreams or actually happened... :D

Thank feck it's not just me :)
    LolaDub wrote: »
    Whenever i meet a new guy i always wonder is he normal, when it becomes apparent that he isn't i freak out that i'm not normal and i have all the bad relationship karma in the galaxy and i'm really a giant weirdo magnet! Normal men where are you!!!:D

They've gone into hiding after reading the worst dates thread?

Sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

This thread has just made me feel so much better. Even if it doesnt mean were normal at least we can all be nuts together. :P

I regularly have conversations with myself in my head. I imagine conversations/scenarios with people that would never actually happen. And as someone else mentioned, I sometimes cant distinguish if my dreams were dreams or actually happened... :D

I do it as well though sometimes i travel back in time and try and edit the conversations and agruments i've had might make me slightly outhere - still helps to know other people do it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

nouggatti wrote: »
    Thank feck it's not just me :)

They've gone into hiding after reading the worst dates thread?

Sorry :D

I think it must be true... :P
    quinevere wrote: »
    I do it as well though sometimes i travel back in time and try and edit the conversations and agruments i've had might make me slightly outhere - still helps to know other people do it as well

I do that too. :D

I also sometimes think of people I know who have died and that idea that people in heaven/afterlife/whatever can still see us and wonder if they find my life really boring...? Like theyre stuck at a tv and my life is the only thing on. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

YES!! I always do that. I spend more time thinking about things that arent real!! Like I picture bumping into random people I know and then mad things happening and having conversations with other people I know I would never have and imagining situations that will NEVER happen...
    I really have a vivid imagination.
    Im always doing it! Its more fun than reality!!!!:pac::pac::pac:

Jesus. My post to a 'T'.

Dreamer, that's me.

Keep posting folks. I'm feeling more normal already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I sometimes like to imagine that both I and everyone I encounter are robots.

Am I normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

LolaDub wrote: »
    Normal men where are you!!!:D

Either there's no such thing as normal or everything is normal. :pac:

Galvasean wrote: »
    I sometimes like to imagine that both I and everyone I encounter are robots.

Am I normal?

Haha no, but I think weve firmly established that most of the people who have replied so far on this thread arent either, were in good company ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Nobody knows this (except people who've seen me pass out on buses :pac: )

When I wear ear phones in confined spaces (e.g buses) I think I'm breathing too loud and annoying people. Since I cant hear myself cos im listening to music i try and breath less loud as it were, thus breathing in shorter breaths. This is a vicious circle folks. Basically I end up not breathing and well passing out haha :pac:

too add a bit more to my funny story, when I'm on a bus now I leave one ear phone out so i can hear myself breathe, thus monitoring my breathing levels and not passing out. Win win for everyone.

and yes im far from normal but oh well :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Is there something thats been on your mind for a while, something random that you think or do, and you've always just wanted to ask AM I NORMAL?

Heres the place to do it!

You post your mini dilemma, we tell you if we think your normal and so on, and so forth.

For example;

Ever since watching the Truman show, I'd have this random thought every now and then that my life WAS the Truman show... not something I was about to share with anyone, and it wasn't something I lost any sleep over or anything but sitting on the bus the other day with a good friend (and boardsie ;)) she turns to me and says;

Whether that makes me normal or both of us slightly off our rockers is a different story altogether, but it comforts me to know im not the only one...

So go on, share with the agony aunties and uncles of the LL, what does your innner crazy lady tell you?

Sometimes I think someone up there is having a laugh with my life, nothing is normal or simple..:rolleyes:

There's certain Ads I can't watch on TV, the old Lucozade ones with the people wearing the bears heads, the Coca Cola noises ad. The new Xbox Half head Ads and the new Lips game Ad, I have no idea why I can't watch them, they just jar with me and freak me out.
    Its quite strange.

You know when you sit beside someone close your breathing regulates with theirs? well every so often a commuter will lean on me and at some stage I'll cop they're breathing at the same rate as me, and it freaks the hell out of me, no idea why.

As for me I have extemely vivid dreams about once a month and have woken up believing they're real and being upset and pissed off at other people who have hurt or upset me in the dreams.
    Takes my head a while to realise the memories aren't real.

Advertisement