Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Myers Action

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Diogenes wrote: »
    Thats how it started. Because countries are burdened with unpayable western debt, they cannot invest in healthcare, education, and infrastructure the disease spread.
    One of the primary reasons AIDs spread in Africa was the widespread practice among tribal peoples of using herbs to dry out the woman's vagina, which apparently provided a more pleasurable experience for the men. This lead in turn to tearing of the vaginal wall, causing the blood to intermingle with the semen, and so on and so forth. It had nothing to do with your ludicrous "white truckers", of which there may be forty or fifty in the entire continent. Which brings us neatly to the next point...
    You're painting with very broad strokes.
    Your continued references to the continent of Africa as a single country are the same. Some places in Africa are very poor and impoverished, some places aren't that badly off at all. And while we're at it, we, the Irish, bear exactly zero guilt for institutional colonialism, and in fact were one of the most charitable countries in the world during our last downturn in the 80s. We are also a "Western country". So less with the generalisations, it just makes you look uneducated.

The myth of "teh evul whayte mann" is just that, and you won't find any guilt here. More evil might be the barbaric twits who did the slaughtering in Rwanda.
    And again they point that you seem unwilling to get is this. The help that Africa gets pails into insignificance against what we take from them.
    Africa provides exactly sweet f-a. There have been 600 billion dollars in loans given to the continent as a whole, which as a percentage of the western GDP is miniscule, nobody is getting rich off that. It's considerably less than the sums provided for the bailout of the banks in the US. If you want to look at who is raping them wholesale at the moment, however, look no further than China.

You see the thing is, continental Africa is absolutely rotten with resources. Oil, diamonds, gold, precious metals, and more. But rather than use these resources to buy their way out of poverty (and they handily could) many countries have just signed deals with China to export their wealth in exchange for piffling sums, or sometimes just arms and ammunition.

China is hungry for resources to feed the maw of its industrial engine, and Africa is a sitting target, with vast swathes of ignorant superstitious tribal groups holding onto wealth they have no idea how to use.

In a relatively short space of time, a lot of that will have been strip mined by the little men in Beijing, and then Africa's problems will really get started.
    bean wrote: »
    My point still stands. Myers telling folk that they have squandered so called "aid" when 48% of GDP goes to financing this debt
    The GDP of where. Africa isn't a country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Maximilian wrote: »
    Yeah because its exactly the same thing isn't it? /facepalm

You're the one who said
    View Post
    What Africa needs is the elimination of dictators and corruption. Thats the real problem if you ask me.

Possibly the most asinine glib "solution" offered in a discussion ever. It's a
    a bit like saying, "all we need to do to stop global warming is to make the world colder".

But no go on enjoy your face palm you totally deserve it. You mod legal discussion right? You're not actually a solicitor or a barrister are you? Because I'd rather have Lionel Hutz* represent me, rather than someone such as yourself, because you seem ill equipped to handle even the most basic argument.

*And yes I am aware he's dead.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

You can personally attack me all you want. Try doing a bit of research on the matter. You will find plenty of experts far more qualified than either of us who say that.

A cursory google search:
    Corruption in Africa is costing the continent nearly $150bn a year, according to a new report.

eg: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2265387.stm

But no doubt that's just the sneaky CIA or the truckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

But no go on enjoy your face palm you totally deserve it. You mod legal discussion right? You're not actually a solicitor or a barrister are you? Because I'd rather have Lionel Hutz* represent me, rather than someone such as yourself, because you seem ill equipped to handle even the most basic argument.

*And yes I am aware he's dead.

Are you aware he never existed?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

One of the primary reasons AIDs spread in Africa was the widespread practice among tribal peoples of using herbs to dry out the woman's vagina, which apparently provided a more pleasurable experience for the men. This lead in turn to tearing of the vaginal wall, causing the blood to intermingle with the semen, and so on and so forth. It had nothing to do with your ludicrous "white truckers", of which there may be forty or fifty in the entire continent. Which brings us neatly to the next point...

Your continued references to the continent of Africa as a single country are the same. Some places in Africa are very poor and impoverished, some places aren't that badly off at all. And while we're at it, we, the Irish, bear exactly zero guilt for institutional colonialism, and in fact were one of the most charitable countries in the world during our last downturn in the 80s. We are also a "Western country". So less with the generalisations, it just makes you look uneducated.

The myth of "teh evul whayte mann" is just that, and you won't find any guilt here. More evil might be the barbaric twits who did the slaughtering in Rwanda.

Africa provides exactly sweet f-a. There have been 600 billion dollars in loans given to the continent as a whole, which as a percentage of the western GDP is miniscule, nobody is getting rich off that. It's considerably less than the sums provided for the bailout of the banks in the US. If you want to look at who is raping them wholesale at the moment, however, look no further than China.

You see the thing is, continental Africa is absolutely rotten with resources. Oil, diamonds, gold, precious metals, and more. But rather than use these resources to buy their way out of poverty (and they handily could) many countries have just signed deals with China to export their wealth in exchange for piffling sums, or sometimes just arms and ammunition.

China is hungry for resources to feed the maw of its industrial engine, and Africa is a sitting target, with vast swathes of ignorant superstitious tribal groups holding onto wealth they have no idea how to use.

In a relatively short space of time, a lot of that will have been strip mined by the little men in Beijing, and then Africa's problems will really get started.

The GDP of where. Africa isn't a country.

Many countries sold the rights to mine their own resouces to satisfy payment of the loans that they were given and the extortionate rates of interest. Because they dont have a whole lot of money they havent been able to harvest the resources, lay down roads, technical assistance knowlege because there isnt the money for education

• Advertisement

Many countries sold the rights to mine their own resouces to satisfy payment of the loans that they were given and the extortionate rates of interest. Because they dont have a whole lot of money they havent been able to harvest the resources, lay down roads, technical assistance knowlege because there isnt the money for education
    They were paying off the loans long before the Chinese arrived on the scene, before they even knew they had these resources, that's no excuse. Europeans sure as hell aren't getting much of it. So eh how much money is spent on inter-tribal conflict in Africa? As a percentage of GDP?

You can personally attack me all you want. Try doing a bit of research on the matter. You will find plenty of experts far more qualified than either of us who say that.

A cursory google search:

eg: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2265387.stm

But no doubt that's just the sneaky CIA or the truckers.

And corruption doesn't exist in the west? We've just legalised it. How much has our financial ballout cost us?

Simply saying we need to get rid of the corruption and the dictators is just infantile. For starts we're often supporting the corrupt dictators.

You're assuming this once again isn't something we have responsibility over in some manner.
    Are you aware he never existed?

No I was in fact ignorant that cartoon drawing on the magic box wasn't real.

For every $1 received in grant aid, african nations pay $2.30 in debt service

Governments in Africa pay the interest on debts. This means they cannot pay for decent education, law enforcement payment of public wages impacting corruption. Ive said all this before.

One of the primary reasons AIDs spread in Africa was the widespread practice among tribal peoples of using herbs to dry out the woman's vagina, which apparently provided a more pleasurable experience for the men.

This

And
    Your continued references to the continent of Africa as a single country are the same.

Irony much? Searching that first phrase into a google gives me a single related link to HRW and I get a "page not found" It references Zambia, not the continent of Africa.
    This lead in turn to tearing of the vaginal wall, causing the blood to intermingle with the semen, and so on and so forth. It had nothing to do with your ludicrous "white truckers", of which there may be forty or fifty in the entire continent. Which brings us neatly to the next point...

Really? Really? Have you ever been to South Africa?
    Your continued references to the continent of Africa as a single country are the same. Some places in Africa are very poor and impoverished, some places aren't that badly off at all.

No really? I wasn't aware that there is a difference between Egypt, Joburg and Narobi.

I was under the impression we were discussing sub Sahara countries like Sudan, Ethiopia, etc as mentioned by the article in the OP. It's a bit difficult to type "Sub Sahara African countries" and it is abbreviated to Africa.
    And while we're at it, we, the Irish, bear exactly zero guilt for institutional colonialism, and in fact were one of the most charitable countries in the world during our last downturn in the 80s. We are also a "Western country". So less with the generalisations, it just makes you look uneducated.

Again, I'm discussing the economic policies of the Western World, organisations like the World Bank, the IMF. Refering to the west as "We" is a common practice among economists and political commentators, be they Joesph Stiglitz or Alan Greenspan. But hey what do I know, I'm uneducated.

I'm not saying that. Are you saying that the people in Rwandan are less civilised and less human than you or I?
    Africa provides exactly sweet f-a. There have been 600 billion dollars in loans given to the continent as a whole, which as a percentage of the western GDP is miniscule, nobody is getting rich off that.

Loans that were provided with strings attached strings which prevented growth, forced them to drop import barriers allowing us to flood the countries with cheap imports preventing industry to develop.
    It's considerably less than the sums provided for the bailout of the banks in the US. If you want to look at who is raping them wholesale at the moment, however, look no further than China.

Ah china, you see for the last three centuries the west has entirely treated the continent of africa altruistically and now the rotten chinese have just turned up and are running it down.

Yes because "De Beers" is a chinese company. :rolleyes:

Yes because the people of Sudan haven't got it tough now.

For every $1 received in grant aid, african nations pay $2.30 in debt service
    First of all, source? Second of all, that's still not much spread over an entire continent, even if it is accurate (and which nations again?). Third of all, grant aid is free money. Maybe they should stop looking for grant aid and consider helping themselves for a change instead of sitting blaming the white man for all their woes and killing each other, or can they not wipe their arses without a European map tattooed on their arms, to paraphrase Gemmell?
    Governments in Africa pay the interest on debts. This means they cannot pay for decent education, law enforcement payment of public wages impacting corruption. Ive said all this before.
    And yet some countries are doing okay or were doing well until recently. Again you just wave your arm and encompass a continent. Thats some arm you've got there.

• Advertisement

I have a long arm? mr myrers has a longer one.

Great things happen when this the loan aid is cancelled

According to the World Bank, countries that received multilateral debt cancellation increased their social spending by an average of 45% between 1999 and 2003, meaning that funds for essential services like education and healthcare have increased dramatically

Increasing school enrolment: In Uganda, debt cancellation enabled the government to abolish fees for primary school. Not only did this cause a doubling of school enrolments, it also drastically decreased inequality between girls and boys. Before debt relief, there were 20% fewer girls than boys in school, now numbers are almost even

Uganda was not alone. In Tanzania, for example, the abolition of school fees has seen the number of children enrolled in primary school rise to 7.5 million in 2005, from 4.4 million in 2000

Great stuff

Third of all, grant aid is free money.

No it's not. Development loans come with strings attached. Until you grasp that you're hopeless.

Irony much?
    Look up a dictionary for the meaning of that word, and consider it a good day, you learned something new.
    Searching that first phrase into a google gives me a single related link to HRW and I get a "page not found" It references Zambia, not the continent of Africa.
    Widespread is widespread, as in East, Southern, Middle and West Africa. While that article covers the scope, it is African in nature itself, for a deeper look at transmission rates see here.
    Cultural and traditional customs are maintained albeit in "safe and best practice." Male circumcision, wife inheritance, scarification (decorative scarring) and polygamy can be managed responsibly if people know about HIV infection risks.

"Traditional practices make up male identity; to attack them is self-defeating. We need to find viable ways of keeping tradition while getting men involved against AIDS," Kabanda said.

Dry sex, where women put herbs and potions in the vagina to make it hot, tight and dry, provokes lesions that make HIV infection easier.

Dry sex is prized by men. A wet vagina is not. The reason, according to Kabanda, is ignorance about the female body. "When we explain what causes wetness, their eyes open. We discourage dry sex," he said.
    And not a trucker in sight. :rolleyes:
    Really? Really? Have you ever been to South Africa?
    You're the one that came up with randy AIDs-bearing white truckers rolling the length of Africa doing everything with two holes and a heartbeat. Is SA the length of Africa? If it was, wouldn't it then be called "Africa", rather than "South Africa"?
    No really? I wasn't aware that there is a difference between Egypt, Joburg and Narobi.
    Maybe I should use crayons and simple, colourful diagrams for you the next time. Yes, passive aggressive sarcasm is fun, isn't it.
    I was under the impression we were discussing sub Sahara countries like Sudan, Ethiopia, etc as mentioned by the article in the OP. It's a bit difficult to type "Sub Sahara African countries" and it is abbreviated to Africa.
    Fcuk me, you've got a splendid ability to trowel out the sarcasm but you have yet to master ctrl-v. What do you call those things, idiot savants?

Next thing you'll be telling us you can play the piano.
    Again, I'm discussing the economic policies of the Western World, organisations like the World Bank, the IMF. Refering to the west as "We" is a common practice among economists and political commentators, be they Joesph Stiglitz or Alan Greenspan. But hey what do I know, I'm uneducated.
    Which of those two are Irish again?
    I'm not saying that. Are you saying that the people in Rwandan are less civilised and less human than you or I?
    Less civilised, yes. Less human, no.
    Loans that were provided with strings attached strings which prevented growth, forced them to drop import barriers allowing us to flood the countries with cheap imports preventing industry to develop.
    Yawn. Again with the "us". Food prices are subsidised in the West as a form of war proofing - you don't want the likes of Mugabe in charge of your food supply.
    Ah china, you see for the last three centuries the west has entirely treated the continent of africa altruistically and now the rotten chinese have just turned up and are running it down.
    Tbh I couldn't give a tinkers damn what your "west" has done. Its not my problem and not my country's problem either.
    Yes because "De Beers" is a chinese company. :rolleyes:
    There's a hell of a lot more going on in the world than diamonds. And the Chinese get them too.

Try watching something without Leonardo DiCaprio in it for a change.
    Yes because the people of Sudan haven't got it tough now.

No it's not. Development loans come with strings attached. Until you grasp that you're hopeless.
    Whatever you're smoking, keep it far away from me.

bean wrote:
    Great things happen when this the loan aid is cancelled
    Wait, so the evil white men are actually cancelling the loans? :eek: Buh buh but truckers! Truckers! And still not a link between the pair of them.

Look up a dictionary for the meaning of that word, and consider it a good day, you learned something new.

Maybe I should use crayons and simple, colourful diagrams for you the next time. Yes, passive aggressive sarcasm is fun, isn't it.

Fcuk me, you've got a splendid ability to trowel out the sarcasm but you have yet to master ctrl-v. What do you call those things, idiot savants?

nothing you say makes any sense, not a word

nothing you say makes any sense, not a word
    There's just not much one can say to that.

Widespread is widespread, as in East, Southern, Middle and West Africa. While that article covers the scope, it is African in nature itself, for a deeper look at transmission rates see here.

The first link takes me to a massive pdf, and infact the second link takes me to a reply to this thread page on boards.

Never has a username seemed so apt.

I posted (working) links that that truck drivers were a significant contributor to the spread of AIDs across the continent. What's a tribal custom in one area iisn't going to spread across the continent without them.
    You're the one that came up with randy AIDs-bearing white truckers rolling the length of Africa doing everything with two holes and a heartbeat. Is SA the length of Africa? If it was, wouldn't it then be called "Africa", rather than "South Africa"?

I'm sorry are you being obtuse on purpose?
    you wrote:
    your ludicrous "white truckers", of which there may be forty or fifty in the entire continent.

Your emphasis not mine. You're shifting the goalposts so much you cannot keep track of your own inconsistency.

The truckers was a single point in my OP, you seem fixated on it. I posted a link to a report that stated that truckers of a variety of nationalities were spreading the virus.

See my "passive aggressive" sarcasm had a point. I was using Africa as a shortened version of sub Sahara Africa, I thought we all knew that, but you came along and tried to lecture me. The above passive aggressive sarcasm by yourself seems to be passive aggressive sarcasm for the sake of it.

Unlike you, I can manage more than one note.

Myers isn't Irish and he writes for an Irish paper, you point is caller?

Well the lack of education, lack of resources, and basic human rights will do that. Could you manage to be holier than thou if you were stripped of your privileged life and left in say the Sudan for three or four months?
    Yawn. Again with the "us". Food prices are subsidised in the West as a form of war proofing - you don't want the likes of Mugabe in charge of your food supply.

And yet you're happy to let people like Mugabe to be in charge of African nations food supply, and at the same time feel morally superior to the people trying eke out an existence in that situation.

Does the cognitive dissoance holding those two positions hurt your head?
    Tbh I couldn't give a tinkers damn what your "west" has done. Its not my problem and not my country's problem either.

Because we're not part of a global economy

NIBYism at it's finest.

Whats funny about all those links none of them make any reference to Chinese involvement in Africa before the 90s. It's like everything was fine in Africa until twenty years ago!
    Try watching something without Leonardo DiCaprio in it for a change.

Glib, pithy and ignores my point entirely. We've been looting Africa for generations, getting outraged that china is joining in, is a bit rich.

Are you really saying that Development Aid comes without strings attached? Really? Really? Because I can make you look really silly, really easily.
    Wait, so the evil white men are actually cancelling the loans? :eek: Buh buh but truckers! Truckers! And still not a link between the pair of them.

Ah yes, the old standard, carry on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Before I start, I want to point out that I am not picking on Maximilian or SimpleSam in my comments, they have put more effort in their comments and are deserved of non personal debate. :) Unfortunately Myers has been successful in prompting debate on his chosen topics.
    Hardly. My point was that the Belgians or the West didn't cause the genocide. That was the Africans themselves deciding to kill one another. Whether it was Hutus or Tutsis is beside the point.

Where have I said otherwise. Nobody disputes Africa is burdened with debt or what not. The point is that a lot of their problems are caused by themselves. Are you suggesting that exploitative multi-nationals and Western governments interfering serves to absolve the Africans of the horrors they inflict on themselves?

The simple point that you and others are determined to ignore is that the Africans share some if not most of the blame for their own troubles. It's as simple as that. Do not misinterpret my remarks as suggesting that we wash our hands of them.
    wrote:
    In fairness all you can do is repeat yourself. Aid is not all loans and the loans given were not forced upon them. About $600 billion in aid has been given to Africa in the last 40 years and yet there is virtually no increase in living standards with all of that. Whatever money they borrowed, they presumably spent themselves. We didn't do it for them

Africa was believe to have a population of approx 922,011,000 as of 2005. Can you please elaborate who you are referring to with your use of them, themselves and Africans?
    When i lived in East Africa, my house cleaner worked 5 days a week cleaning and caring for our home. She travelled home a few hundred miles by public bus to see her family every weekend. She didnt have AIDS, her immediate family didnt have AIDS nor did she contribute to the spread of AIDS (by sleeping with truck drivers or otherwise!) Her tribe nor the 41 other tribes did have any sexual rituals that involved rubbing herbs anywhere. However she did say that her local village often had people who suffered from AIDS and often there was villagers who suffered other illnesses from drinking untreated water. Those unfortunate people may have triggered an action to bring on those illnesses, but its not their fault that a lack of education, a lack of cheap/free contraception, lack of water treatment plants assisted in their demise. So we must look at the people in each country that are responsible for those areas.
    Maximilian wrote:
    The point was that very little has changed despite all the aid given over the years. Perhaps we should be thinking about how better to utilise the money, .

Excellent point, and it remains a major issue in many African nations. E.g. when bono's "drop the debt" campaign (one of the most ill thought through charity campaigns IMO) saw Tanzania's debt written off, the government there invested heavily in their military. The nation hadnt been at war since their independence, nor was there any immediate threat from any of their bordering nations.
    wrote:
    European countries, this one included, were horribly poor yet with help and hard work we became successful. Throwing money at Africa hasn't helped. Canceling debt probably wouldn't either but couldn't hurt.

Yet you can't bring yourself to admit that even a fraction of Africa's problems are of their own creation. It's all somebody else fault. Truck Drivers, perhaps.

Cancelling debt with no provisions on how the government should apportion the freed up funds is a waste of time.

The Western world became successful (im not sure this is the right word, i would say less impoverished) through the right investment and assistance from other nations. Ireland is a great example.

Line up the people responsible for the problems in Africa nations and they wont all be native.
    So all the dictators, all the corruption is the West's fault?

No, but the West has a part to play. The US invaded Iraq to remove a nasty dictator because there were vested interests there. So why hasnt Mugabe been removed?

Take Kenya as an example. There are 42 tribes in the country. not one of them practises the ritual you speak off yet there is a high rate of AIDS in the country.
    wrote:

I agree. You cant put all African nations in the same basket. Newstalk did a survey on the streets a few weeks back and the amount of Irish people who thought Africa was a country was shocking!
    wrote:

Many of the companies involved in the industries you mention are non native. same goes to tea and coffee too.

faceman wrote: »

I agree. You cant put all African nations in the same basket.

Thats what i dont like about the myers article. I have mentioned that fact the some african nations are doing just fine, as you mentioned dropping loans aid when there are decent and good provisions getting proper assistance is a great thing. Tanzanias childhood education standards have risen.

The first link takes me to a massive pdf, and infact the second link takes me to a reply to this thread page on boards.
    Heh. What, your computer has difficulty with pdfs? How quaint.
    Never has a username seemed so apt.
    And never before, in all the history of boards, nay of the internet at large, has such an original comment been made. Step aside Archimedes, for truly a giant of the muses walks amongst us. I am confounded by the originality of that comment, and doff may cap to you sir, for as god is my witness, from you springs the fountain of literary creation.
    /lol
    I posted (working) links that that truck drivers were a significant contributor to the spread of AIDs across the continent. What's a tribal custom in one area iisn't going to spread across the continent without them.
    See what happens when you don't read things? I wager you injured yourself a lot as a child.
    I'm sorry are you being obtuse on purpose?
    Yet another word you can master today, that makes two!
    Your emphasis not mine. You're shifting the goalposts so much you cannot keep track of your own inconsistency.

The truckers was a single point in my OP, you seem fixated on it. I posted a link to a report that stated that truckers of a variety of nationalities were spreading the virus.
    Woho, and the bullshit thickens. So you never said "white truckers" before or after a ninja edit?
    See my "passive aggressive" sarcasm had a point.
    No, not really.

Unlike you, I can manage more than one note.
    Pity they are all coming out of your arse however.

Myers isn't Irish and he writes for an Irish paper, you point is caller?
    Em this is the internet, those voices in your head aren't real. I hope you gave me a jocular Brian Blessed voice though, he is and always will be the man for bonhomie.
    Vast, unplumbed depths of self important, incessant, burbling passive aggressive warbling waffle
    FYP. The more you mangle the English language in an effort appear superior, the more the debate will slip out of your fingers, young padawan.

faceman wrote: »
    Take Kenya as an example. There are 42 tribes in the country. not one of them practises the ritual you speak off yet there is a high rate of AIDS in the country.
    Nope, wrong, bah.
    Harare, Zimbabwe and Nigeri Village, Kenya -- Sipewe Mhakeni used herbs from the Mugugudhu tree. After grinding the stem and leaf, she would mix just a pinch of the sand-colored powder with water, wrap it in a bit of nylon stocking, and insert it into her vagina for 10 to 15 minutes. The herbs swell the soft tissues of the vagina, make it hot, and dry it out. That made sex "very painful," says Mhakeni. But, she adds, "Our African husbands enjoy sex with a dry vagina."

Its not just Africa either, its practised over half of SE Asia, and I would know.

• Advertisement

See what happens when you don't read things? I wager you injured yourself a lot as a child.

Woho, and the bullshit thickens. So you never said "white truckers" before or after a ninja edit?

Em this is the internet, those voices in your head aren't real. I hope you gave me a jocular Brian Blessed voice though, he is and always will be the man for bonhomie.

FYP. The more you mangle the English language in an effort appear superior, the more the debate will slip out of your fingers, young padawan.

Really, anyone, what is he talking about? 'Brain Blessed, injure yourself as a child, ninjas'. Anyone?

Nonsense

Really, anyone, what is he talking about? 'Brain Blessed, injure yourself as a child, ninjas'. Anyone?

Nonsense
    Sad, really.

Sad, really.

yep, sad how a debate turned into nonsense

yep, sad how a debate turned into nonsense
    Actually I was talking about your contributions, but as you were.

Step aside Archimedes, for truly a giant of the muses walks amongst us

As i was? really we are all still reeling from your nonsense, no one know where we were

As i was? really we are all still reeling from your nonsense, no one know where we were
    Ah welcome, our new president, who speaks for us all from his sock puppet account with 211 posts in almost 6 years.

My computer doesn't have difficultly with pdf, I just don't want to wade through a 57 page report for you.

Also fecking up a link on your reply, after you deride my ability to to press ctrl+v is, and I checked the dictionary, the very definition of Irony.
    And never before, in all the history of boards, nay of the internet at large, has such an original comment been made. Step aside Archimedes, for truly a giant of the muses walks amongst us. I am confounded by the originality of that comment, and doff may cap to you sir, for as god is my witness, from you springs the fountain of literary creation.
    /lol

Did you copy and paste that too?

No, I said European. The truckers comment, all the ways back comes from a posters comments that all Africans do is kill each other and give each other AIDs, I merely pointed out that the spread of AIDs in Africa is more complicated than just Africans giving Africans AIDs, and you seem fixated on this point.

Are you a Trucker? Is your Mom a Trucker? You seem fixated on this point.
    No, not really.

Ah I forgot you are the arbiter of what is and isn't passive aggressive sarcasm on the interweb. Does the job come with a company car?

Hi-larious, are you just coming out with pithy abuse or are you going to talk about the matter at hand?

Now do you believe all western Aid comes without strings attached?

That'd be a resounding "No" to the former question then. You're the one who's dragged the debate into nothing more than personal abuse.

Your trucker mom would be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

¬_¬
    Why do I have to type this? Why do I constantly see the same use arguing? Bah. Don't make me ask these questions again later.
    Ladies, shut up and cop on. Fast.

Ah welcome, our new president, who speaks for us all from his sock puppet account with 211 posts in almost 6 years.

Anyone know what he is talking about, 'our new president' and 'sock puppets'?

Really anyone, i think he is getting worse.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what he is talking about, 'our new president' and 'sock puppets'?

Really anyone, i think he is getting worse.
    I'm going to take a 50-50 chance here that Herr K isn't talking about me and say

tl;dr

Advertisement