Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Poker -> Ipoker

Options
  • 18-11-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

Just seen sun poker is moving to ipoker network.

Anyone know if any of the other crypto sites are moving?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Mansion moved a few weeks ago. Think they were on ongame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

there was talk a while back of crypto joining party, littlewoods moved somewhere i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Crypto are merging with Boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭PapaSmurph

IPOKER = SHOCKING

Playing on Poker stars now and have to say it great . Also playing Doyles room and the beats are easier .. For some reason on Ipoker Flushes always hit

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I will be moving my entire roll to an Ipoker skin before the new year. Am I making a huge mistake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Hosef

Tight Ted wrote: »
    I will be moving my entire roll to an Ipoker skin before the new year. Am I making a huge mistake?

I'd stick with 8-tabling Cake if I were you :)

Seriously though, I did the same a couple of months back and haven't been too impressed.
    The big problem is the graphics/lack of resizable tables. You defenitely need ibolide if multitabling, but even then it is exhausting to play on.

Haven't had any problems with the software reliability/connectivity though, which seems to be a common complaint with some players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Tight Ted wrote: »
    TBH you can't go far wrong with $10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I like iPoker.....I got a new NTL connection now, so I have no major disconnection problems and quite like the games they offer, and more importantly the first-deposit bonus are good in at least 4-5 of the poker rooms under the iPoker skin.

Only downside for me is that apart from the Sunday 250k guaranteed, all other tournaments don't have antes...and I love antes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Antes are sh1t.
    That was one of the good thing about entraction and they went and fúcked it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

William Hill are also moving to ipoker in the new year.

Pokerplex moved to ipoker from crypto a month or two ago.

Now would be a good time to get a rakeback account at Will Hill, in the hope they give a grandfathered deal on ipoker, which is what plex did.

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Antes are sh1t.

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

TripleAce wrote: »
    why?

I just find them wholly unnecessary.
    A good blind structure is all that is required.

In a live enviroment, they just slow play down, same dithery cúnts being asked everytime to ante and giving the same
    confused look each time, counting the antes, sometimes recounting the antes, re-asking the ditheriest cúnt who is
    locked in drunken conversation with some other tosser to PLEASE put his antes OUT, etc.

There is no actual upside.
    So when playing online, I'm reminded of this and it just bugs the sh1t out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I love antes. Mainly because at that stage I am shortstacked so the added $$ to my stake if I win a flip is an added bonus.

I love antes. Mainly because at that stage I am shortstacked so the added $$ to my stake if I win a flip is an added bonus.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Grafter wrote: »
    William Hill are also moving to ipoker in the new year.

Pokerplex moved to ipoker from crypto a month or two ago.

Now would be a good time to get a rakeback account at Will Hill, in the hope they give a grandfathered deal on ipoker, which is what plex did.

Not sure that will work. I had a RB deal w/Mansion before they moved to iP and it disappeared the moment they moved. Seems to me iP are so strict about RB deals now that they won't want a whole bunch more RB players from new skins joining.

All these new rooms joining iP is great news for iP regs. Any increased player pool can only be good for winning players.

I have to say, iP skins' marketing must be outstandingly good because they seem to be the only network piling on new players and getting all these new skins to join. Not quite sure how they have got it so right, but it's clear they have. They must be getting pretty damn close to the biggest network now, or soon will be.

Yes, they're far and away the biggest network now.

http://www.pokerscout.com/

With regards to grandfathered RB on Sun or WH, I acknowledge that it's only a maybe but it's a no lose gamble to just open an account.

While ipoker are strict about no RB for new players, they seem to be fine about new (to them) sites continuing to honour deals to existing players.

Pokerplex are very open about what they give their players who already had crypto accounts, so they must have cleared it with ipoker/playtech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I've NEVER had disconnect problems on iPoker, and find multitabling their standard mini-table without any add ons quite easy...Am I just weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Slash/ED wrote: »
    I've NEVER had disconnect problems on iPoker, and find multitabling their standard mini-table without any add ons quite easy...Am I just weird?

No. I find it baffling all the moaning people do about iP disconnects - I have disconnects maybe twice a week and I play 5 or so hours a day

As for their minitables, it depends on the skin - I do need iBolide because Noble tables would burn my eyes out looking at that garish gold and green all day. I think PP, Chilli and NoIQ have more bearable colour schemes so I'd guess you play on one of these.

I don't like the iP miniview seating with 3 players on either side and would much prefer a standard 2 on either side/1 on either end, but you get used to it and it's not a major gripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

As for their minitables, it depends on the skin - I do need iBolide because Noble tables would burn my eyes out looking at that garish gold and green all day. I think PP, Chilli and NoIQ have more bearable colour schemes so I'd guess you play on one of these.

I don't like the iP miniview seating with 3 players on either side and would much prefer a standard 2 on either side/1 on either end, but you get used to it and it's not a major gripe.

Yeah my skin has quite a pleasant table design, I don't really see the point in getting ibolide.

The mini-tables are alright, if you were playing 8 tables anywhere, you'd have them more or less the same size. The fact you have 3 players on one side and 3 on the other is annoying, but not as annoying as Ongames scattered seating though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

No. I find it baffling all the moaning people do about iP disconnects - I have disconnects maybe twice a week and I play 5 or so hours a day

I'm on GJP, I prefered Carlos tables but it's fine, I just see spending money on something like that as being an insane waste as it just doesn't bother me at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Slash/ED wrote: »
    I'm on GJP, I prefered Carlos tables but it's fine, I just see spending money on something like that as being an insane waste as it just doesn't bother me at all

Theres a free version available now, was a thread on here in the last week, while not vital it should make things that bit easier.

bohsman wrote: »
    Theres a free version available now, was a thread on here in the last week, while not vital it should make things that bit easier.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055415862

It really depends on the site. Betfred's carpet is the one that makes my eyes bleed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

crypto seems totally ****ed, £40k sunday £110+10 canceled 114 entered, most other guarantees canceled tonight; at 11.30 two 1/2 and 2 .50/1 tables running

Yep, I had a freebie £11 ticket for the £3500 guaranteed at 4 this afternoon, completely forgot about it, logged on at 4.45, saw delayed 'til 5 and was happy for 15 mins until it was cancelled (just over 100 runners)

Advertisement