Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Greystones - Kindlestown Park

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭SteM

The most memorable 'quiet' night was last year when the police raided a house and while inside, the occupants ran out with a mattress, stuffed it in to the cop car and set fire to it.

quoted from kindlestowner.

I grew up in Kindlestown Park although I no longer live there my parents still do,
    that incident happened at least 10 years ago and everyone knew who it was and they were sent down for it.

They weren't young lads either only one of them was from Kindlestown too.

I would have NO problem walking through the estate at night time on my own, and I am a woman.

My parents house has never had a problem with damp either, it's a very warm house.

Most people own their houses in Kindlestown now at this stage very few council houses actually left in it.

I agree totally. I grew up there, moved out about 10 years ago but my parents still live there so I would be around a bit. It's a quiet enough place now and certainly has a sense of community that you don't get in many new developments. Never had any rising damp in the house although they did look awful with their flat roofs until they were done up back in the day.

I'd have no problem moving myself and the missus there although the rooms would be a bit smaller than we're used to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭snapper365

Thanks to all for the input (good and bad, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I was hoping to get as many replies as possible).

As it turns out, we went to have a look at the house and we found the estate to be nice but the house itself wasn't what we were looking for. There were a few issues that proved too much for the gf to get over (the main one being the lack of upstairs bathroom). We knew about this in advance but I don't think it hit home for her til we saw the place.

Anyway, we're now thinking about Charlesland as that seems to be within our budget. It's obviously on a different scale, and I would prefer a smaller estate but we don't have too many other options in the Greystones area once we rule out Kindlestown.

Thanks again anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bball1

snapper365 wrote: »
    Thanks to all for the input (good and bad, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I was hoping to get as many replies as possible).

As it turns out, we went to have a look at the house and we found the estate to be nice but the house itself wasn't what we were looking for. There were a few issues that proved too much for the gf to get over (the main one being the lack of upstairs bathroom). We knew about this in advance but I don't think it hit home for her til we saw the place.

Anyway, we're now thinking about Charlesland as that seems to be within our budget. It's obviously on a different scale, and I would prefer a smaller estate but we don't have too many other options in the Greystones area once we rule out Kindlestown.

Thanks again anyway!

Hey
    Just to share this with you www.daft.ie/1417155 . An alternative to both!
    Good luck with the house hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Have to say you are wrong there there were kids from all the estates going around together back in the day, including Burnaby Heights, Hillside, Heatherview and Applewood Heights, which are the so called 'upper class' housing estates.

Don't go stereotyping the kids from Kindlestown Park.

Nice to hear I grew up in an Upper class estate :-) The Kindlestown rep was well earned but those guys have grown up and matured (in their forties now). I think part of it was due to some kind of 'us and them' attitude that existed between the Council estate and the 'Upper class' estate (:-)) Anyway the troublemakers are as likely to come from Hillside, the Burnaby or Charlesand as Kindlestown these days. Kindlestown is a fine place to live.

Advertisement