Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus A6 series Laptop Help!

Options
  • 18-11-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Laptop crashed approx 4 months ago has been with 3 techies and is now in a famous PC store since last July, it took them this long to tell me they have not got the media drivers/recovery discs. I did leave them in with the machine but have no confirmation of this. I suspect a visiting engineer pocketed them as they had major staff turnover since I left the laptop in, I was calling into the shop so often it got ridiculous. They would not let me know what was happening. They eventually told me last week that they thought they could access the drivers online but failed so then told me to contact the seller, a UK online company, to get these discs myself. I did, they want various proof of puchase etc which I am in the process of finding, my question is, will they charge me for these discs? Also, if they provide me with a link to these discs like they said they will when I provide the serial number, does that mean it'll be free? Anyone out there got an A6 Asus? I would appreciate any help or advice from anyone who has had the same or similar problems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That's outrageous, wanting proof of purchase to get drivers is a joke, the recovery discs are prob not needed as they will just install the bloatware that some makers tend to install at source (YES I am looking at you Dell)

I take it this has something to do with a DSG owned store? Renowned for their inability to repair something even if its just changing the batteries? TBH you will get no where with these clowns, get your laptop back and unless you got a receipt for the discs you can kiss them goodbye too. What area you in, most people here will have a good idea of the best repair people in each area.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Well I threatened Legal action last week, they asked me to give them a day to investigate....long story short I still have no laptop but am a little more hopeful they are actually doing something towards sorting the issue. I am in based Dublin & would travel willingly if anyone would share their discs but to be honest, they are responsible for misplacing them so even if someone lends me theirs, I would still be without my own. I will never leave any laptop with these guys again lesson learned the hard way!

Advertisement