Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest Commute?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I'm probably the farthest away, I'm in the south of Cork.

I'm only in once or maybe twice a week though and I usually fly up so it's not all that bad.

edit: It's about 170-180 miles (Slightly less than 300km) by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Rossi, I can see how an old man such as yourself might find that a bit of a journey :pac:

Another arts student I know does the same trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Tallaght... Takes 1.5 - 2 hours by bus. Thankfully I can borrow the mother's car! Takes about 20 minutes usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Crumlin, 20 minutes by bicycle... Not too bad. Where you coming from DelatBravo? You must be near me, I get the 17 sometimes if I'm feeling lazy but it actually involves getting up earlier so tend not to unless it's lashing...

Used to have a mate who lived in Ballyboghall out past Swords. There were only two buses a day out that far from town and he used to miss them regularly. After wearing out his welcome with various friends, he'd end up sleeping in a hidey-hole on campus somewhere :pac:

crumlin in 20 mins my arse.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

conbob wrote: »

Ah it is possible. If they live the Kimmage end of Crumlin and are a strong cyclist it is doable (wouldnt be able for it myself though). I cycle from Templeogue and it takes me 30 minutes as i bring in a lot of books and change of clothes and im not in a rush either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

conbob wrote: »

Why? I've measured my route, it's only 4 and a 1/4 miles. If people can run a five minute mile it's no bother to do it on a decent road bike... Used to take me half an hour when I started I have it down to 20 mins most days and my all-time record is 15 minutes on a day when all the lights were good to me and there was a strong wind :D

Plus from Crumlin in the mornings the wind is with you normally and it's mostly flat or downill till Milltown.

Of course, it takes longer than that if I include getting organised once I arrive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rossi-Radar

Rossi, I can see how an old man such as yourself might find that a bit of a journey :pac:

Another arts student I know does the same trip.

Old Man?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Why? I've measured my route, it's only 4 and a 1/4 miles. If people can run a five minute mile it's no bother to do it on a decent road bike... Used to take me half an hour when I started I have it down to 20 mins most days and my all-time record is 15 minutes on a day when all the lights were good to me and there was a strong wind :D

Plus from Crumlin in the mornings the wind is with you normally and it's mostly flat or downill till Milltown.

Of course, it takes longer than that if I include getting organised once I arrive...

A strong cyclist with a favourable wind and some luck can cover some truly spectacular distances...try 28 minutes from Tallaght to Blackrock. I did it once at about 03:00 in August.

Advertisement