Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Noise from clutch 1.0 litre 04 Yaris

Options
  • 18-11-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi All

I've noticed a creaking noise coming form the clutch when its depressed, at first I taught it was just coming from the peddle but opened the bonnet tonight and had a friend push the clutch peddle down noise is coming from the clutch end on the engine. It was late this evening when I checked so not able to have a look round the area were the clutched is housed probably wouldnt see anything anyway.
    Anyhow only have the car a couple of weeks and its still under warrenty but I would just like to know has any one else had this problem and had it looked at. I'll be calling up the dealer tomorrow to see when they can check it out.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Its the pivot on the actuating lever which carries the release bearing. Get the garage to lubricate it!. It's more of an irritation than a mechanical problem but would be better if it was lubricated.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭spree

Does that mean it will start again, if so is it something that you could sort yourself.

It would be better for the garage to do it. I'm not totally familiar with the Yaris but it's a common problem in Toyotas generally. It's not easy to lubricate it and it's critically important that the lubricant goes only where it should otherwise you'll be getting a new clutch.

Often this creaking will go away itself.

Thanks for that, will see if they can look at see this week hopefully.

Well I took the car to the dealers on Wedenday, they just spayed something that smelt like wd40 into the clutch housing. There s a rubber boot around the hose that goes into the bell area on the clutch housing, I was expecting them to use some kind on grease. But its done the trick within 30 seconds or so the noise was gone.
    I did ask would it cause any problems with the clutch plate "the oil I mean" but they said it would be fine, its a common enough with them.

Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement

Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for posting back.

Advertisement