Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are almost all Modified Cars for sale?

Options
  • 18-11-2008 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭

Just wondering why almost every modified car (in dublin anyway) seems to be for sale? And not just the normal A4 page stuck in the window. It's always a professional signwriting job, or something that someone took a bit of time over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

There's many many reasons for the professional signwriting job.
    Suffice to say, the cars are not always for sale.

Not really going further into it for whoever may be reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

its to organise races plain and simple. Other people with moded cars ring up the number and organise a race. Nothing to do with selling the car

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Its all about the "other" type of cruising,i.e you phone the number and arrange a man on man hook up!

I think clio v6 is referring to the often spun myth that its a form of finding a race,thats BS though.

Its in reality a way for them to receive praise and feel better about themselves....

"hear bud seen yisser number on yisser civic so i did,shes rapid bud what have yisser done to her,ill give yous 5 grand in anyways for her!"
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

tossy wrote: »

"hear bud seen yisser number on yisser civic so i did,shes rapid bud what have yisser done to her,ill give yous 5 grand in anyways for her!"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

tossy wrote: »
    I can imagine some of the texts!
    But why put the "for sale" bit on? Just simply put their phone number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Quint wrote: »
    I can imagine some of the texts!
    But why put the "for sale" bit on? Just simply put their phone number?

A little too obvious that it isn't in fact for sale?

qz wrote: »
    A little too obvious that it isn't in fact for sale?

Why pretend it is? I mean if youe phone number is on your car people might think "ohhhh, he's up to no good" and the cops will haress you, but as long as you have the For Sale bit, everything is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I have to agree with tossy i dont think its to do with racing at all, most of the cars you see it in aren't even capable of reaching 100mph anyway!

I think its just a case of people getting cars modding them in the looks department and then getting bored and realising they have a crap car and wanting to sell it in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Yer all wrong its so when your driving past fine girls in your civic and they hear the sexy hum off your backbox they take your number and ring ya for a date:pac:

Vain wrote: »
    Yer all wrong its so when your driving past fine girls in your civic and they hear the sexy hum off your backbox they take your number and ring ya for a date:pac:

Funnily enough, that's the most realistic sounding answer! Good idea actually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Quint wrote: »
    Funnily enough, that's the most realistic sounding answer! Good idea actually!

true :D let your car do the talking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Most of the lads I know with modified cars seem to change cars more often than their underwear. I think it's a side-effect of having an interest in cars that no matter what you own, as soon as something new and shiny goes past you're just thinking : WANT! I'm currently selling mine because I'm bored with it. I have had it almost six years though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Most of the lads I know with modified cars seem to change cars more often than their underwear. I think it's a side-effect of having an interest in cars that no matter what you own, as soon as something new and shiny goes past you're just thinking : WANT! I'm currently selling mine because I'm bored with it. I have had it almost six years though...
    Thats one of the main reasons alright and the current times too, a lot of people I know with modified cars are also selling because they have either lost their job and are going off to Australia or they just can't afford to run them.

Advertisement