Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed minded parent

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

Kersmash wrote: »
    I'm not going to get them done without her permission, I don't want to go behind her back. And no, they're not extremely important but it'd be nice to have and I don't really see what the big deal is. I know its her opinion and the way she was brought up, or whatever but I'm just not a big fan of the closed mindedness of it all. As I said, I'm not gonna get them done without her permission, so if that means waiting till I'm 18, so be it. I'll be a free man then!:P

Fair enough, Im glad that you have that kind of respect for your mother that no matter what your views are you would respect her WISHES not her views by saying ok ill wait (unlike some of the juvenile responses and solutions to lifes problems .... eh do it anyway) fair play to you.

And to those who assume I speek for the entire female population ... did I say I spoke for them all, no. Didnt realise that you had to spell it all out for those who cant take posts at face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Fair enough, Im glad that you have that kind of respect for your mother that no matter what your views are you would respect her WISHES not her views by saying ok ill wait (unlike some of the juvenile responses and solutions to lifes problems .... eh do it anyway) fair play to you.

And to those who assume I speek for the entire female population ... did I say I spoke for them all, no. Didnt realise that you had to spell it all out for those who cant take posts at face value.

im taking the last bit is for me, your post wasnt at face value to quote you
    If you want to do it go right ahead but im telling you now that girls are kind of put off by them

where in that part of your post does it say it was only you??

also
    THis is true but you will at some stage want to attract a girls (just assuming girl) attention

i dont see it saying , "if you want to attract lostinnappies attention dont do this ", its says girls ie all girls....

anyways that not whats in question here , the op seems to have his/her:confused:, head screwed on and will end up doing the right choice by all , and if he/she has to wait until there 18 so be it ..

if i were speeking about all wemon i would have said

no girl likes it....
    or all girls hate it....

There is more then just me here who dont like lobe peircings in fellas ..... hence "girls"....

I mean really do I have to clarify it to the point that a monkey would understand, thats what I mean about face value. To give some one the benefit of the doubt and not to just look for something to pick on cos you dont agree, if you dont agree then just say you dont.

no girl likes it....
    or all girls hate it....

There is more then just me here who dont like lobe peircings in fellas ..... hence "girls"....

I mean really do I have to clarify it to the point that a monkey would understand, thats what I mean about face value. To give some one the benefit of the doubt and not to just look for something to pick on cos you dont agree, if you dont agree then just say you dont.

im going to leave that slide ,and not take it as personal attack, no you dont need to clarify your point to that the a monkey would understand . frankly i just find that rude.

i did point out what i didnt agree with in your post and i think it should be left at that. we both a different views , wooopteeedo... no need to get rude over it.

anyway OP , let us know how you get on

lostinappies, you got a problem with my post report it, or a problem with me pm me but make sure you spell it out slowly ,mkay :P, lets not get side tracked off the issuer here , which is the op question, im not sprawling for an argurment over something as silly as this. kbyesxx

emo!! wrote: »
    im going to leave that slide ,and not take it as personal attack, no you dont need to clarify your point to that the a monkey would understand . frankly i just find that rude.

i did point out what i didnt agree with in your post and i think it should be left at that. we both a different views , wooopteeedo... no need to get rude over it.

anyway OP , let us know how you get on

lostinappies, you got a problem with my post report it, or a problem with me pm me but make sure you spell it out slowly ,mkay :P, lets not get side tracked off the issuer here , which is the op question, im not sprawling for an argurment over something as silly as this. kbyesxx
    Dont know how you are reading it but fair enough if you think im rude... guess im just tired of repeating myself, as other posters from this tread decided to lunge on another thread I was on, not you i know.

I dont have a problem with your post at all, what I have a problem with is the "lets all jump on the bashing waggon" attitude ive found in body modification board. I know it wasnt you, im not saying it was but you can understand my frustration.

• Advertisement

Dont know how you are reading it but fair enough if you think im rude... guess im just tired of repeating myself, as other posters from this tread decided to lunge on another thread I was on, not you i know.

I dont have a problem with your post at all, what I have a problem with is the "lets all jump on the bashing waggon" attitude ive found in body modification board. I know it wasnt you, im not saying it was but you can understand my frustration.

i wasnt jumping on the bashing waggon, which tbh i dont think there is one.. i was just giving my 2 cents on on the thread and your post as it happens , if someelse posted your post i would of saying the exact same, i would and will not ever jump on a personal attack on someone.
    not everyone is going to agree with your posts, it happens all over boards and not just in the body mod fourm, you got to accept that, and not take every post to heart.. we're all nice people her, and if i posted your posts , they would of saying the exact same thing to me.... its not a personal attack on you at all.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Lostinnappies--Can I ask a quick question of you.

Hypothetical scenario--Your kid/kids want to get piercings / tattoos--What would your response be??

Im trying to get an idea of where youre coming from with this because you seem to be totally anti-piercing for some reason.

A lot of girls/women I know actually like tattoos and piercings and to be totally honest lobes would be the least "put-off" piercing for them.Some of them arent into the not so common ones.

If you mean the fake bling that all these little teeny boppers are wearing nowadays then yeah Id agree with you 100% since they all look like a bunch of poofs.

Theres no bashing wagon here either.It is a body mod forum which is not really the right place to drag a thread into "I hate piercings/tattoos" thread.
    That would be like me going over to the hunting forum and starting a "I hate hunting" thread ;)

Youre welcom to post here anytime you want and if you feel that someone is "bashing" you then use the report button.

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

no girl likes it....
    or all girls hate it....

Using this logic:

Go ahead, get it, girls like earlobe piercings on guys!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Lostinnappies--Can I ask a quick question of you.

Hypothetical scenario--Your kid/kids want to get piercings / tattoos--What would your response be??

Im trying to get an idea of where youre coming from with this because you seem to be totally anti-piercing for some reason.

A lot of girls/women I know actually like tattoos and piercings and to be totally honest lobes would be the least "put-off" piercing for them.Some of them arent into the not so common ones.

If you mean the fake bling that all these little teeny boppers are wearing nowadays then yeah Id agree with you 100% since they all look like a bunch of poofs.

Theres no bashing wagon here either.It is a body mod forum which is not really the right place to drag a thread into "I hate piercings/tattoos" thread.
    That would be like me going over to the hunting forum and starting a "I hate hunting" thread ;)

Youre welcom to post here anytime you want and if you feel that someone is "bashing" you then use the report button.

Richie.
    Here is my point when it comes to my children, when they turn 18 they can do as they please. I may try and disuade them if I think it is a bad idea but I will only have to trust that in the years previous to their independent 18 year old age that I have done a good enough job in brining them up and teaching them to show respect and good judgement and part of that would be not to judge others on their apperance. If they choose to have tattoos then they can when they are 18.

As for my suposed different opinions on different body modifications the only thing I can say is to give you an example so you under stand my point ... If I like chicken that doesnt mean I like chicken curry.... If I like pizza it doesnt mean i like all the toppings on all the pizzas, If i like tattoos/piercings it doesnt mean i like them everywhere. Such is life and the variations in everybodies tastes... i should hope that everyone is like this and not a mindless "yes man".

I love piercings but not everywhere, I love tattoos but not everywhere either. My point in this thread wasnt about the piercings specifically more to do with the handeling of the OPs mother, which he is handeling with great respect. I added my PERSONAL opinion of where he was getting them as is my right yes:confused: but it seems people have decided to pick up on that point alone and even jump onto another thread http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055423605&page=2
    Hense my bashing waggon comment.

Advertisement