Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tomorrow's the big day!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Okay, the weirdest thing just happened.

Had the X box on, and was reading a another long thread that concerns me on the shooting forum. As a result, the X box was sitting idle on the dashboard for about ten minutes.

All of a sudden, the "shelf" the X box is on started to buzz like mad - the X box had started to spin the disk rapidly or something. Anyway, it REALLY didn't sound good, so I turned it off.

Then I posted this! Now I'm wondering if this has something to do with the new OS (as in a bug), or (worse still), indicative of a more serious problem?

Ok, will have to turn it back on now. Wish me luck...
    Am I the only one wondering if Druss Rua is still alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

where do you go to change your theme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

your profile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

when will the update be out on the games?

humanji wrote: »
    Am I the only one wondering if Druss Rua is still alive?

:D:D:D

Yes, fear not, Druss is still with you, though it was touch and go there for a second! ;)

NO further problems, might have just been a once off thing. (Here's hoping!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I really like the new look and the HDD install is a great idea, but has anyone else noticed some major lag and connection issues when playing on Live. Been trying to play CoD:WaW and I keep getting connection error's, its unplayable. Ran an XBL conncetion test and everything checked out, no idea why its happening.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

god's toy wrote: »
    Hmm really odd, I've got 39 new friends in my friends list that were not there before the update... WTF went on there? Anyone??

Maybe you hit Y and your MSN messenger contacts came up?

@ CKWPORT - You can turn off the notifications when someone comes online alright, personal settings it should be under.....

I have mine disabled when watching videos, thats bout it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i've just realised that i use headphones for most of my gaming so the noise reduction by installing to HD wont benefit me at all. No need to upgrade HD now :rolleyes:

I bought a new full HD monitor yesterday with a hdmi cable and was seriously impressed with the quality of the picture and sound. Really does make a difference.

Cut to this morning, downloaded the NXE update, everything's going grand.....hang on a second, no sound?? WTF?

Do a quick search on the net to no avail, followed by a call to Microsoft's customer support who tells me to check I've not disabled sound and then that it might be because i'm using a 3rd party HDMI cable. I asked him do MS do an official xbox hdmi-to-hdmi cable and he says that yes, they do one but just not in ireland. I can order one online for $50 excl. delivery. :rolleyes:

Do a bit more research and find this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_System_Software

which says.....
    WARNING: If you use a BENQ G2400W LCD with HDMI, you may lose audio output after this update.

Well i'll be fcuked if that's not my exact make and model that i bought yesterday. :mad:

So now i need to find a way to get sound without compromising on picture quality ( i've a feeling the official one your man told me to get will have the exact same problems).

Bleedin' freaked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Anyone having trouble streaming mp3 to the Xbox now?

I normally use Connect 360 to stream my music to the console but since the update none of the files will play.

Anyone having a similar problem with Connect 360, TVersity or Windows Media Player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Yeah you can but it will not let you connect to Live, and some games in the future may not work with the old firmware.
    Indie18 wrote: »
    i would assume that you can still play games without having to install them cause right now i don't have all that much space on my hard drive for istalling games on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Finally no more fcukin read errors for Gears Of War 2...really starting to piss me off but was too lazy tg take it back..now i can just install it :D

And jesus Shifty...of all the monitors to pick...bad luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Yeah you can but it will not let you connect to Live, and some games in the future may not work with the old firmware.

He's talking about game installations not the NXE update.

No you don't have to install any games its just an option everything still works the way it did before the NXE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Well i'll be fcuked if that's not my exact make and model that i bought yesterday. :mad:

Ah of all the shi%&y things to go and happen, thats a major buzz kill right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Fieldog wrote: »
    Maybe you hit Y and your MSN messenger contacts came up?

Nope didn't, they were listed along with the rest of the contacts I have, I removed them all now so that's fine.

MY console crashes now every time I press back up after viewing who's in a chat room... odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

What is all the fuss about, seriousy!!
    Yes the Mii's are stupid and the new layout is different but not a lot has changed really now has it.
    The only decent thing I can see on it is the HD install which is a good idea. So to finish:

Quieter 360 = good thing.
    Mii/Avatar stupid looking things = bad.

End.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Has anybody managed to make a Metaler/Goth Avatar ?

Do any of the base models have bigger then a size A cupsize?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is the marketplace down today, or is something else messed up since the update? Just keep getting some error code whenever I select any of the marketplace content pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

My microphone isn't working since the update and I know it's a software issue as I have two of them and neither work and I haven't heard anyone talk over their mic. Anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

god's toy wrote: »
    Nope didn't, they were listed along with the rest of the contacts I have, I removed them all now so that's fine.

MY console crashes now every time I press back up after viewing who's in a chat room... odd.

What they might have been is friends of people on your friends list in a party. Its a bit odd at first when you go to the friends channel and theres a bunch of avatars all together where usually theres only one friend and you dont know most of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Not a great input to the whole 360 looks cleaner but is more fiddly and yeah mii rip offs no thanks but 360 is all quieter:pac:

robinph wrote: »
    Is the marketplace down today, or is something else messed up since the update? Just keep getting some error code whenever I select any of the marketplace content pages.
    Getting the same here, I find going back into a menu after a min sometimes works. I guess it's just that every body who is on live is getting the update so the network is under loads of strain.

bucks73 wrote: »
    What they might have been is friends of people on your friends list in a party. Its a bit odd at first when you go to the friends channel and theres a bunch of avatars all together where usually theres only one friend and you dont know most of them.
    Hi, once more it's a nope on that as they were listed in line just like all friends are listed not in a group like party thing as I can see people in them now and it's not the same thing, also groups are 8 players max this was 39 extra players!
    Thanks for your reply. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,255 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Downloaded it what a hugh difference in the noise its great. just need to get a new Hard Drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

sink wrote: »
    My microphone isn't working since the update and I know it's a software issue as I have two of them and neither work and I haven't heard anyone talk over their mic. Anyone else having this problem?

Was fine with me and 2 friends that played with earlier this evening, voice chat was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Lads the NXE won't work 100% for everyone straight away. Probably will be ironed out over the next week or so. Alot of the online content isn't up yet.
    And we'll probably need a few weeks of using it to see if its better or not. But so far for me it looks a lot better. Don't know why people find it fiddly, like I said just takes getting used to. Similar to media center to me. With a bit of I tunes mixed in.

Lads the NXE won't work 100% for everyone straight away. Probably will be ironed out over the next week or so. Alot of the online content isn't up yet.
    And we'll probably need a few weeks of using it to see if its better or not. But so far for me it looks a lot better. Don't know why people find it fiddly, like I said just takes getting used to. Similar to media center to me. With a bit of I tunes mixed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

silvine wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble streaming mp3 to the Xbox now?

I normally use Connect 360 to stream my music to the console but since the update none of the files will play.

Anyone having a similar problem with Connect 360, TVersity or Windows Media Player?

MP3s play for me, they just take bloody AGES to load. Really annoying having to wait 3 minutes for choonz to start! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Mind if I ask what you are using to get your Xbox to play MP3s? Are they on the hard-drive or you streaming them?

• Advertisement

Tverstiy is working fine for me. Tried avi WMV HD MKV, MP3, JPEGS. I did have to download the media update again though.

Advertisement