Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tomorrow's the big day!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

I like the new layout alot. :)

MS seems to have added a piece of software to this new OS.

Not sure how it works as yet, but for the FIRST TIME EVER, today my wife came home with a new game (Viva Pinata), and has been playing it all evening. It's the first time shes ever played a game properly, outside the odd game of Tetris once in a blue moon.

So well done Mr. Gates, you've done it again! The new OS is, judging by this, a resounding success!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Love the new layout, avatars are a bit ****ty but the rest I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

hooray for quiet xboxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, to hell with a new hdd all my vids sreamed, and i never play more than 1 or 2 games at a itme so no need for the extra space , its not as if there is anything i MUST dl from the market place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

I always thought the 360 had problems with softer sounds and dialogue in the audio mix. Turns out I was wrong the noise of the machine was just drowning them out ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Avatar things are dumb, don't see how Microsoft think they fit their target demographic. Overall I like the new layout and guide though.
    Decided to install Halo 3 on my hard drive. Booted up Halo 3 to be informed that it is optimised to run off the dvd so installing it will slow it down. What a useful feature :) (I presume it will only come into its own once developers start working with it in mind)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

silvine wrote: »
    Mind if I ask what you are using to get your Xbox to play MP3s? Are they on the hard-drive or you streaming them?

I usually play from a memory stick, before the update it was blazing fast loading music, nowadays it takes ages. Similar story for music streamed from the pc but not as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Anyone having trouble streaming mp3 to the Xbox now?

I normally use Connect 360 to stream my music to the console but since the update none of the files will play.

Anyone having a similar problem with Connect 360, TVersity or Windows Media Player?

i dont stream vids but couldnt play them of my usb hd after the install. I had to redownload the media codec again to allow me play them again. It prompted me to download it again. If it doesnt prompt you try putting a video on a usb stick or else check your download history and redownload from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Anyone having trouble streaming mp3 to the Xbox now?

I normally use Connect 360 to stream my music to the console but since the update none of the files will play.

Anyone having a similar problem with Connect 360, TVersity or Windows Media Player?
    I use TVersity and when I tried to play my first file it prompted me to install an 'Optional Media Update' on the 360. Downloaded it from Marketplace - it linked straight to it - and voila, not prompted again since and everything is working.

The download was just about 5MB - although seemed to mention more about iPod support. I don't mind, it worked :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

very disappointed they haven't upgraded the music player, was really hoping for a better system to nagivate, takes forever to scroll through it. should have done something like the ipod where it starts to skip through the letters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

The update appears to clear the console's cache. Every game I played last night had to be updated, hence why so many people here are talking about the codecs needing to be updated too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

The update is great. Nice clean new interface looks lovely. Game installs are brilliant and just whats needed. Now only if they came up with some system where CDs could be abandoned.

I don't see how people get so worked up about avatars. They're just a nice little inclusion and better than what was there before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Agree with most opinions: very slick, takes a while to get used to but probably a worthwhile upgrade.

And I know most are the same, but I ****ing despise avatars. There is just something about creating a ****ty cartoon figure that in no way represents you that annoys me. Yes, you can ignore it but it is an entirely useless feature. Nintendo have a lot to answer for.

wheres all this Netflix stuff or is that only avaliable in the states?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Scruff wrote: »

US only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Agree with most opinions: very slick, takes a while to get used to but probably a worthwhile upgrade.

And I know most are the same, but I ****ing despise avatars. There is just something about creating a ****ty cartoon figure that in no way represents you that annoys me. Yes, you can ignore it but it is an entirely useless feature. Nintendo have a lot to answer for.

I know completely pointless.

You can see a completely accurate depiction of me here:

Its like looking in a mirror :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Michael Jackson meets The Village People. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

so i wasnt the only one that went for the tight pants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The update appears to clear the console's cache. Every game I played last night had to be updated, hence why so many people here are talking about the codecs needing to be updated too!
    Count yourself lucky. It wiped all my saved games except for Fable 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yea just found out PGR4 has been nuked, again!

My good God this must be the 5th time I had to start over.

• Advertisement

oh no...if my Mass Effect saves are gone i'm just going to trade it in. Should have finished it when i had the chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I am loving the new interface. was sceptical with an "if it ain't broke" attitude but I do really like the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

humanji wrote: »

Ouch :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jaysus I'm actually surprised microsoft can sell any products these days with the sheer amount of ****uppery they constantly exhibit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Oh god... I didn't check any save games because all I played was Rock Band. If my Fallout 3 save is gone I'll cry actual tears... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

ssssssssshheeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt

i_whitlock_102506_252x190.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

MMmmm, I didn't have any problems with save games I don't think. First thing I did was play GOW2 and my save game was still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Scruff wrote: »
    In the States only, I'm afraid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I love it . cant see how anyone can complain about a free update not counting people who had problems . I didnt want to change because i loved the old blade system but this is sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I haven't had much of a chance to play around with it, but is there anyway of customizing it? Like being able to add and remove various menus or customizing what's in each menu?

It's all fairly fancy looking, but to me it just seems to be a graphical version of the PS3 UI, scrolling up and down instead of left and right (and I f*cking hate the PS3 UI).

Advertisement