Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension query

Options
  • 19-11-2008 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Hi would appreciate some help with this, have a pension from a previous employer, would have left there 3 years ago, its still there, i always meant to change it but have contracted for myself since then, the choices i have are ]

(a) Deferment

(b) Transfer Option , To a buy out bond or New Employers plan

Or to a PRSA (if eligible)

Forgive my ignorance, i thought i'd post it here, before calling a salesman etc...

I'd be looking at setting up my own PRSA, is this possible, does it cost much etc

Any information, much appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

You can transfer into PRSA if its worth less than 10k, i know that cos i came unstuck before on that one.

Its quite easy to arrange a prsa, you could go to a broker, your bank, or the life company directly, most if not all offer advice on these areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Cheers, thanks for that

Advertisement