Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zulu?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm a brand spankin newbie :D but i've been reading the threads here for a while.
    I noticed Zulu got very good reviews so headed there on Monday to talk with an artist only to find the place is closed down(apparently for good).
    I went into MM cos the sign on the stairs of Zulu told me to but was told when I got there that their artist isn't actually from Zulu.
    From reading the reports of MM's piercing skills i'm slightly sceptical about getting tattooed there. Any suggestions for where to go?
    Also anyone have bright ideas for tattoo representing freedom and independence???
    Really wanted "saoirse"-(Irish for freedom,etc) - but realised my sis just got it along her spine:mad:
    I was thinking angel wings, I know it's kinda tacky but to me it would mean something...
    Anyone think of something better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

well freedom is a very individual concept, with different understandings to different people. freedom could be star tattoos, something to do with the sky, clouds, birds, butterflies, spaceships, broken chains, lyrics/poetry that mean something to you, i remember seeing one piece of art i loved which conveyed freedom as just being outside the metaphorical box, freedom could mean political, you could have thomas jefferson/proclamation type things in there, flags...

as for zulu, been rumours about them having to close for a while. justin, the generally recommended artist from tehre is working in, i think limerick somewhere, im sure someone else here can confirm/deny that for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 myst

wild cat ink on abby st is great, really helpfull and nice . i got mine there and i was fairly anxious about it, it being my first! and they were all sounded. made sure i was comfortable and relaxed!!

and there is a new place in smithfield inkwell its called. i heard great things about them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

thanks!
    really lookin for somewhere thats good with fine detail (might be gettin a quote or two) but i'll check them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

the place near smithfield, i assume is Inkwell. John in there is an excellent artist, pays really really close attention to detail, and listens well to what you want done.

Darren in colourworks, in templebar, (just above the headshop opposite the central bank) does some excellent stuff too, really big into his colours too, and can brighten up most most pieces.

Jani in Wildcat in Stephens Green does a lot of great work too, though im not personally familiar with him at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Jani is now working in snakebite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

as for zulu, been rumours about them having to close for a while. justin, the generally recommended artist from tehre is working in, i think limerick somewhere, im sure someone else here can confirm/deny that for me.

He is working in limerick but also has his own little studio here in Dublin that he has been working out of. I think he is dividing his time between a week in Limerick and then a week here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭charmer

ok ppl im goin for inkwell in smithfield
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement