Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D modeling - problem file

Options
  • 19-11-2008 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Been working on a 3D model using cinema 4D, just recently for some reason the model when not in render mode is all flickery rather than been solid. Does anyone know if this is fixable or has my 3D model gone corrupt for no apparent reason? The model is fine soon as i hit render.

Any help is appreciated, its a college project due in on Thursday :S

Is there a way to copy paste all the actions ive done to an object into another cinema 4D project?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm not familiar with cinema4d, but you could try exporting it in another format (hopefully preserving the UVW map), then re-importing it.
    Or assign a new material to it, just to see.
    Sounds like it could be screwy normals or the mesh has open edges, though I don't know why that'd happen on its own... I know Max has some good tools to check for problems in the mesh.
    Or it might be none of the above... maybe try asking here on their cinema4d forum... some real shít-hot experts on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I dont use cinema4D, mainly use max. The problem sounds like you've copied and pasted everything into the same position, so the program is trying to figure out which face to show, but cannot as they are in the same plane, although if this is true, the render should look 'flickery' as well. Can you post a screenshot of it while its flickery?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Sounds to me like the settings you have for your graphics card need to be tweeked for the realtime display in c4d. cant remember exactly how to set them up havent used c4d in ages. But its more than likely that. That or your model has become far more complex and your machine is not able to handle it.

Advertisement