Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Mobile call the debt collecters, contract had expired

Options
  • 19-11-2008 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I have seen this has been talked about in the mega-thread.

However, the mega-thread has bcome an 02 thread too. Can we get a sounding here - how many people have received that Mr. P Brown will be calling... from this shower (Three Mobile) I had to speak with some English yob and it disgusted me. I am over the contract time and can cancel when I like, no? Especially for a service that was so poor.

So f in angry with this company!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Don't let them bully you. Tell the "Englih yob" to f*ck off if he rings you again. If it's a UK company they are using for debt collection they don't have any jurisdiction here and cant do didly squat except scare you.

If it's an Irish company AFAIK they will have to bring you to the District court (and you will have the chance to contest) and then get an order to use a Sheriff - the only legal way to collect debt forcefully. If anyone shows up at your door claiming to be a debt collector (they wont) call the guards.

Copied from another forum:

"Debt collectors in Ireland dont have the same powers that debt collectors and baillifs in other countries have e.g. UK. They cannot turn up and seize property or refuse to leave until they are paid etc. Property and money in Ireland can only be seized on foot of a court order and by the County Sherriff. Essentially these debt collectors have no power other than to remind you to pay the bill or collect payments made voluntarily on behave of the company employing them.

Firstly, as they cannot enter your premises without your permission, if they call again, I would simply tell them that they are barred from your property and that you have no relationship with their company and you have not received anything in writing from Smart saying that their company is acting on their behalf (I mean directly in post from Smart, not some letter possessed by the debt collector themselves). Tell them that if Smart want to talk to you, they should call you directly, not via a third party. If they call a second time, then I'm afraid that the Gardai will have to be called and both tresspass and harrasment charges are filed against the INDIVIDUALS who turn up (not the debt collection company - always better to go after individual employees as gets better results due to individual not wanting permanent record)"

Advertisement