Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster v all blacks.

Options
  • 19-11-2008 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

guys, you did us proud, I will never forget that match. Pride isnt strong enough a word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

+1

Proud of this city as well after the week that was, the scum will never bring it down, a nite like this is what we needed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

Unbelievable display from a very spirited team! They nearly did what Ireland couldn't do on Saturday last! Well done Munster, I'm filled with pride following the game and today am a very proud Limerick man! Thanks for the boost that this city needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Congrats to the greatest marketing bandwagon ever produced in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    +1

Proud of this city as well after the week that was, the scum will never bring it down, a nite like this is what we needed....

Well said. Great night for Munster. Atmosphere was electric inside and outside the ground.

Delighted i was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Ok, I wasn't there, watched the whole thing on tv though. The Haka at the start was great. Decent performance by the Munster Team too.

That said... The All Blacks put out a seriously understrength side, made numerous mistakes, handling errors and missed 3 kicks at goal.... And still won!? Was loosing by 2 points really that great of an achievement? Am I missing something?

I know the Munster team wasn't exactly first string either, but still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Ok, I wasn't there, watched the whole thing on tv though. The Haka at the start was great. Decent performance by the Munster Team too.

That said... The All Blacks put out a seriously understrength side, made numerous mistakes, handling errors and missed 3 kicks at goal.... And still won!? Was loosing by 2 points really that great of an achievement? Am I missing something?

I know the Munster team wasn't exactly first string either, but still...

Ten First team players missing to Ireland. TEN. Fair enough it was a weekend All Black side but you can only play whats in front of you, these players are ear marked as the future all blacks.

Greatest Rugby nation in the world, massive performance by Munster, players, officials and supporters. And to the city of Limerick for accommodating such an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

I loved the generic signs on Thomond Bridge
    "Limerick Welcomes It's Sporting Visitors"

:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

high five limerick. good work. sounds like you hosted the visitors well and the atmosphere looked great.

i, personally am stoked the AB's didn't lose (we'll all admit that neither team was full strength) so i don't have to endure the taunts next time i'm in limerick (and my family doesn't have to have them now lol). it's all in good fun i know :)

i loved the munster boys doing the haka at the start. they were totally telling their ex team mates to bring it! love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

I am extremely proud of Limerick and Munster today :D

Limerick is my adopted city and I have 2 proud Limerick Sons

Roll on the new year for some more fantastic Munster Games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Superb match, superb occasion, all in all a joy to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Best game I've seen in ages.
    Enjoyed by all in the pub. I don't think people were gutted by result. Munster put on an excellent performance. Must have been great to have been there.
    Impressed by both teams sporting attitude before and after game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Only got to see it on tv.
    Neither side put out a proper team so really cant tell what should have been a proper score, but since it was only a friendly, it doesnt matter. Although it would have been nice to hold the lead for the final few minutes.
    Great to see the Munster lads do their haka, it must have been hard to face an all blacks team with it, but great to see their heritage is being respected in the sport and by other team members. A sign of class.
    Lovely to see the All-Blacks player give the boy the ball, hope he got to keep it. It shows great sportsmanship, as does the irish people that got onto the pitch patting the all-blacks on the back, makes me proud to be from Munster. That was aired in other countries and we made ourselves look great, in sport and in welcoming foreign teams.

Well done lads

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A thrilling event, a brilliant spectacle, and a great night despite the scoreline.

All things in account, the result of last night as a whole should be remembered as a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

It was an amazing game from start to finish. The commitment of the players was 100% they really put their bodies on the line. The point that it wasnt the AB's first team is null as it was far from the Munster first team too. There was players on straight from the academy, their first game for Munster!

Going by that performance we have a very good shot at the Heineken cup in May. And the future of rugby in Munster is safe for a while to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

After his performance last night, I hope that Stringer gets back his #1 position with Munster and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

dh0661 wrote: »
    After his performance last night, I hope that Stringer gets back his #1 position with Munster and Ireland.

As you're a fan...

658CD420E0BD4288AE73633ACBDAF6B7-500.jpg

D0BCE9A4B1A6418A8E197287CC859145-500.jpg

001F422014734EA390DB58D626755C98-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

dh0661 wrote: »

+1

The final try was a give away. I was very disappointed, but the lads were dead on their feet after the epic performance they gave.

Excellent effort.

Atmosphere in the stadium was gargantuan!!

Advertisement