Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

numbers tricks...

Options
  • 19-11-2008 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

anybody got anything unusual? booked to do the accountants xmas dinner next month, a good show should get us a few more xmas bookings, would like something topical for them...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

Magic Square's are always good. Could also do something with a nail writer...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i plan on quite a few coin tricks too, to mess with some heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭???

I know a really nice Docc Hilford one.

The effect is you take a money note of the an audience member, put it in an envelope. Two other envelopes have bits of newspaper in them. Mix the envelopes together and randomly hand them out to three audience members. Then you show three working lighters and hand them out, one to each envelope holder. The audience members then try to light there envelope. One won't catch fire. When it's opened it contains the money. The lighter is demonstrated to work, the spectator just couldn't burn the money!!!

Another funny one would be the multiplying money one in mark wilson's complete course. Ask someone to work out how much tax you should be paying on your magically appearing cash!!!

??? wrote: »
    I know a really nice Docc Hilford one.

The effect is you take a money note of the an audience member, put it in an envelope. Two other envelopes have bits of newspaper in them. Mix the envelopes together and randomly hand them out to three audience members. Then you show three working lighters and hand them out, one to each envelope holder. The audience members then try to light there envelope. One won't catch fire. When it's opened it contains the money. The lighter is demonstrated to work, the spectator just couldn't burn the money!!!

Another funny one would be the multiplying money one in mark wilson's complete course. Ask someone to work out how much tax you should be paying on your magically appearing cash!!!
    two very nice ideas, must research them, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

The only number trick I can think of off the top of my head is the 1024 trick. Do you know it? Or will I PM it to you?

It's a simple little piece of mathematic mentalism often thought in introductory books to magic.

• Advertisement

nah mate, thanks anyway!

update...

this gig was friday, went really well, david norris was guest speaker, did some magic for him and he loved it.

crowd in general seemed to really enjoy it.
    sat evening I worked O2 christmas party, quick little gig, went really well, the Prestige trick stealing the show! also did a few watch stops, some ambitious card stuff, sponge ball work, card from mouth, and invisible deck. very happy with my weekends work.

Advertisement