Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I bought my first car

Options
  • 19-11-2008 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

Sent off the payment for my 1st car, i take collection friday,

2004 Kia Sorento XS, 2.5 T Diesel, 65k miles, cost me 7900 euro

de10ebcdf720c2051031d45500faa004.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Congrats. I wish you luck. Certinally better than my first car. 95 Corsa 116000miles:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

That's really nice..fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

d3mon24 wrote: »
    Congrats. I wish you luck. Certinally better than my first car. 95 Corsa 116000miles:D
    Likewise nissan micra, stalled when idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Congratulations and well wear,nothingl ike the excitement of your first car,you wont sleep at all on thursday night lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Thats not a car!!

It's a bloody TANK!!!! :eek::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 muppett

congratulations and happy motoring ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Damn that was cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Good price. Do you do much off road driving seeing as you just bought a 4x4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Indeed, seems very cheap, you must be a shrewd negoitator. :)

Happy motoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Grand yoke for first car. Ya actually gonna use it offroad or be an urban cowboy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

It's tough mounting the slight kerb to catch the last few mins of my kids soccer practice before loading them into my Sorrento :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i needed a commercial vehicle and i dont like vans so this made sense, but i end up on building sites and down the country a fair bit so the 4wd will be useful,

also i paid asking for it, i just got them to throw in delivery, mats and a full tank of fuel, its a uk reg at the moment, gonna commercialize it for 50 euro vrt.

and nads, im 18 so i should hope any kids that may have resulted from what ive done arent old enough to play soccer , let alone have me collect them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭draycottgirlz

where you going to make it commercial?

customs are pretty busy these days btw

but i end up on building sites and down the country a fair bit so the 4wd will be useful,

:D

Whereabouts "down the country" do they not have roads?

UK Reg, no wonder it was so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Whereabouts "down the country" do they not have roads?

UK Reg, no wonder it was so cheap.

Building sites don't usually have roads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

i needed a commercial vehicle and i dont like vans so this made sense, but i end up on building sites and down the country a fair bit so the 4wd will be useful,

also i paid asking for it, i just got them to throw in delivery, mats and a full tank of fuel, its a uk reg at the moment, gonna commercialize it for 50 euro vrt.

and nads, im 18 so i should hope any kids that may have resulted from what ive done arent old enough to play soccer , let alone have me collect them :D

so the price of the conversion is on top of this? How much does it cost to convert roughly?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

How much the insurance considering your only 18? id be told to f**k off if i tried to get insured on anything over 1.4 :mad: nd im 20 with full licence!

MYOB wrote: »
    Building sites don't usually have roads...

He said building sites and down the country.

I often drive my regular 2WD car "down the country" with no issues.

The Insurance company will screw him over the engine size anyway and the fact its an import.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hope it works out for ya, OP :)
    its a uk reg at the moment, gonna commercialize it for 50 euro vrt.
    Isn't VRT on vans derived from jeeps 13.3% of the Open Market Selling Price?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

lads, enough of the sniping remarks.

Let the guy enjoy his new purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dades wrote: »
    Hope it works out for ya, OP :)

Isn't VRT on vans derived from jeeps 13.3% of the Open Market Selling Price?

Wheelbase and kerb weight below a certain size it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Nice car man, well wear.

commercial conversion will cost me about 200 euro in steel & carpet,

its wheelbase and weight are big enough for 50 euro vrt,

insurance is 1700 because its commercial (18, full licence a year, 2 years named driving)

customs have nothing on me, its insured and i have a permanent export cert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭evogirl

peasant wrote: »
    lads, enough of the sniping remarks.

Let the guy enjoy his new purchase

i agree.!
    best of luck with it lad :D

He said building sites and down the country.

I often drive my regular 2WD car "down the country" with no issues.

The Insurance company will screw him over the engine size anyway and the fact its an import.

ever driven through flooded areas of sligo in that car ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Well enjoy it fair play to having the money to pay for it and all that, and best of luck with the commercial conversion, and your €50vrt is well spent. The lad seems to have his homework done.

It'll be the first Kia Sorrento with a snorkle and proper off roading then for sligo and you! Have you seen the type of MPG you'll be getting out of it? Nice car for your first

cabrwab wrote: »
    Well enjoy it fair play to having the money to pay for it and all that, and best of luck with the commercial conversion, and your €50vrt is well spent. The lad seems to have his homework done.

It'll be the first Kia Sorrento with a snorkle and proper off roading then for sligo and you! Have you seen the type of MPG you'll be getting out of it? Nice car for your first

i wouldnt quite go with snorkle, im not going into that much flooding :D , yeah every user review i could find says it gets 26/27 average , kia says 30 , but thats always BS

ever driven through flooded areas of sligo in that car ?

Isnt that "up" the country?

Or is it really everything outside of the Dublin Commuter belt? :D

The Pail. That RIGHT PAIL :D You dubs love that word. What word? PAIL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Well wear, looks well. I was wondering how yo got it for 7,800. I sold a 05 four months ago for three times that. The joys of a commercial lol:D
    You'll have to make a chair out of the back seats:D

Anywho, best of luck with it. F3ck the begrudgers

• Advertisement

Best of luck with your purchase OP. Looks like a great deal.

Advertisement