Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I bought my first car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Well wear, looks well. I was wondering how yo got it for 7,800. I sold a 05 four months ago for three times that. The joys of a commercial lol:D
    You'll have to make a chair out of the back seats:D

Anywho, best of luck with it. F3ck the begrudgers

its got the leather on it so the rear seats will make a nice couch

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

its got the leather on it so the rear seats will make a nice couch

Exactly, will look the part. Do post pics if you ever do it, and if you don't, i'll gladly take them off you:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Isnt that "up" the country?

Or is it really everything outside of the Dublin Commuter belt? :D

The Pail. That RIGHT PAIL :D You dubs love that word. What word? PAIL :D

Pail, are you talking about a bucket? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sorry to have to tell you ..... but ... it's haunted. For Serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Pail, are you talking about a bucket? ;)

No one would typo a word 3 times so I think he might actually be talking about a bucket there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

How much the insurance considering your only 18? id be told to f**k off if i tried to get insured on anything over 1.4 :mad: nd im 20 with full licence!

Try Quinn, i'm only driving 10 months, 6 of which are with a full licence and im on a 2.8. They're about the only crowd that will though...

Try Quinn, i'm only driving 10 months, 6 of which are with a full licence and im on a 2.8. They're about the only crowd that will though...

gotta love quinn :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Isnt that "up" the country?

Or is it really everything outside of the Dublin Commuter belt? :D

The Pail. That RIGHT PAIL :D You dubs love that word. What word? PAIL :D

Its the pale actually ha ha! let the man enjoy his car will you,i was hoping the usual boards wasn't going to creep into this thread!

There are roads in dublin i wouldn't put a 2wd drive car on FFS,and down the country is a pretty wide area!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Engine size does not matter with commercial insurance , he could have a V8 in it and the price would be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

NICE first car. Well wear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

He said building sites and down the country.

I often drive my regular 2WD car "down the country" with no issues.

The Insurance company will screw him over the engine size anyway and the fact its an import.

He could drive it into the city centre every day without ever going off road, what difference does it make to you? At the end of the day he spent his hard earned on the car, you didn't. Why are you interrogating him? Stop bitching....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

tdc wrote: »
    Stop bitching....

Jeez, take a leaf out of your own book. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

insurance is 1700 because its commercial (18, full licence a year, 2 years named driving)

Oh so 16 is the new driving age now? Gosh I must have being hiding under a rock for the past while....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Cpaw wrote: »
    Oh so 16 is the new driving age now? Gosh I must have being hiding under a rock for the past while....:rolleyes:

Could of been a tractor/scooter/small motorbike:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Well thats settled.

I'm getting me a "commercial" tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

What a stupid remark! :confused:

he could be 1 day away from his 19th birthday,with insurance due to start on the new car when he is 19 hence 2 years named driving!

Do you have anything useful to post?

im 19 in 2 weeks, i got my provisional about 4 days after my 17th, im just under 2 years by 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

i wanted a commercial vehicle (i'm too tight to pay full tax) and i dont like cruising to work in Terenure in a little sh1tbox. Also I may be compensating for something so the big 4x4 will be useful.

also i paid asking for it, i just got them to throw in delivery, mats and a full tank of fuel, its a uk reg at the moment, gonna commercialize it for 50 euro vrt.

and nads, im 18 so i should hope any kids that may have resulted from what ive done arent old enough to play soccer , let alone have me collect them :D
    Fixed that for you Winston ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

tossy wrote: »
    What a stupid remark! :confused:

he could be 1 day away from his 19th birthday,with insurance due to start on the new car when he is 19 hence 2 years named driving!

Do you have anything useful to post?

Apologies for my ignorance...

Back OT, OP Well you may wear and safe driving! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Banned you for that, Winston :D

one week to be precise

• Advertisement

i demand to know who you are that obviously knows me in real life, but it made me lol anyway

edit : dont make me break out the ginger jokes or comments about your honda civic 'druggy buggy'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

nice car steve

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

i demand to know who you are that obviously knows me in real life, but it made me lol anyway

take it to pm ...he can't reply cause he's banned for a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Sent off the payment for my 1st car, i take collection friday,

2004 Kia Sorento XS, 2.5 T Diesel, 65k miles, cost me 7900 euro

de10ebcdf720c2051031d45500faa004.jpg

Is that not a ladies 4WD>:D

Are you sure your name is not 'Erica'?

Advertisement