Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12

• 19-11-2008 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭

I said I'd better put this up with a Thursday night game.
    Thurday

Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers Willie Parker for 150+ yards and a 20 point win for the Steelers

Sunday

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Detroit Lions Bucs to win easy. Watch out for the return of Joey Galloway.
    Philadelphia Eagles at Baltimore Ravens This one could be very tight and low scoring, I go for the Ravens to win it by a field goal.
    Houston Texans at Cleveland Browns The Browns have improved the last couple of weeks. I give them the win here in a high scoring game.
    San Francisco 49ers at Dallas Cowboys The Cowboys managed a big win last week over the Skins, this one should be a lot easier for them.
    New York Jets at Tennessee Titans As much as I hate to pick them, the Jets have been impressive for the last few weeks so I gotta give them the nod to end the unbeaten run of the Titans.
    Minnesota Vikings at Jacksonville Jaguars The Vikings have improved as the season has wore on, and Jaguars have been poor.
    Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs With a QB getting to throw the ball and LJ back, they gave the Sainst a good game the other night so I'll pick them to win this one.
    New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins We got caught out by the 'wildcat' formation the last time we met, but I expect us to win a tight game here.
    Chicago Bears at St. Louis Rams The Bears have looked bad the last couple of weeks against the Lions and the Pack but they surely beat the Rams.
    Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos The Broncos got over a rough patch and they continue on their way to the AFC West title here.
    Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons Falcons have been impressive at home all season, and the Panthers have been less than convincing away from home.
    Washington Redskins at Seattle Seahawks The Redskins need this win badly and the Seahawks have been nothing short of pathetic this season.
    New York Giants at Arizona Cardinals The Giants to steamroll their way through the cards, much the same way as they have done nearly all season.
    Indianapolis Colts at San Diego Chargers The Colts have finally got it together and the Chargers have been all over the shop, they are better at home, but I don't see the Colts dropping too many games from here on in.

Monday

Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Saints This will be a massively high scoring game, but the Saints who will have Reggie Bush back for this one are just too potent at home.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

CIN @ PIT
    TB @ DET
    PHI @ BAL
    HOU @ CLE
    SF @ DAL
    NYJ @ TEN
    MIN @ JAX
    BUF @ KC
    NE @ MIA
    CHI @ STL
    OAK @ DEN
    CAR @ ATL
    WAS @ SEA
    NYG @ ARI
    IND @ SD
    GB @ NO

last week 11-5
    season 107-53

first few picks seem relatively straight forward. think Chiefs will do bills. they have shown some promise, and buffalo are on a big big slide. Patriots to get revenge in florida. Carolina Atlanta should be a good game, but Atlantas rush defence was exposed against Denver and Panthers have a great tandem running attack. The biggest pick I suppose is Cards to beat Giants. For whatever reason, I'm still not convinced by Titans or Giants, and I like Arizonas wideouts. Giants will probably win, but I'm tipping a shock here. Indy could do anything these days, they have ability to beat anyone, but also to lose to anyone. Chargers look terrible. New Orleans still havent made that breakthru they have been promising for the last couple of years. Rodgers has settled in nicely and Grant found some form last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

CIN @ PIT
    TB @ DET
    PHI @ BAL
    HOU @ CLE
    SF @ DAL
    NYJ @ TEN
    MIN @ JAX
    BUF @ KC
    NE @ MIA
    CHI @ STL
    OAK @ DEN
    CAR @ ATL
    WAS @ SEA
    NYG @ ARI
    IND @ SD
    GB @ NO

last week 12-4
    season 94-50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Been away for the last few weeks, but I've been doing crap anyway :D

CIN @ PIT - Steelers look shaky of late, but not that shaky
    TB @ DET - Lions to go winless IMO
    PHI @ BAL - Close game, but Ravens are in with a big shot of the play-offs and will want it more
    HOU @ CLE - Houston are better than 3-7 IMO and Browns have had 1 decent game all season
    SF @ DAL - Dallas train may have started rolling again
    NYJ @ TEN - Tennesse too strong in the last 1/4 for a team as hit/miss as the Jets
    MIN @ JAX - Peterson to run over a disappointing (in a good way though) Jags
    BUF @ KC - Buffalo need to get going again, and I think against a team as poor as the chiefs they will. They'll still finish bottom of a division they once topped though IMO
    NE @ MIA As eagle pointed to, 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, etc etc' Miami will NOT catch the Pats out like that again.
    CHI @ STL - A one sided affair with the Bears to dominate this one
    OAK @ DEN - As above, slam dunk for Denver
    CAR @ ATL - Falcons with one home loss this season. It'll be close but Ryan looks like the best Rookie QB since Big Ben, and will see it out.
    WAS @ SEA - Redskins are an ok side this year but Seattle have lost the knack of winning.
    NYG @ ARI - Best team in the league, won't lose again until the playoofs despite Warner's awesome form.
    IND @ SD - Ok, I expect the Colts to lose twice more this season, and this'll be one. Chargers will find form for this one, and always seem to have an edge on the Colts.
    GB @ NO - Greenbay are starting to look solid, in spite of the fact they have a much worse QB than last season (had to get that in).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

10-5 the week
    82-59 the season

Pittsburgh
    Tampa
    Philadelphia
    Cleveland
    Dallas
    Jets
    Jacksonville
    Kansas City
    New England
    St. Louis
    Denver
    Carolina
    Washington
    Arizona
    Indianapolis
    Green Bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

CIN @ PIT
    TB @ DET
    PHI @ BAL
    HOU @ CLE
    SF @ DAL
    NYJ @ TEN
    MIN @ JAX
    BUF @ KC
    NE @ MIA
    CHI @ STL
    OAK @ DEN
    CAR @ ATL
    WAS @ SEA
    NYG @ ARI
    IND @ SD
    GB @ NO

A few easy picks this week. Chargers are a mess right now although the Colts are the most unperdictable team in the NFL. As much as it pains me to type this the Cowboys will comfortably deal with the 49ers. Will be a tight game but think the Pats will egde the Fins. With the season Warner is having he should be able to deal with the Giants pass rush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

TB @ DET
    PHI @ BAL
    HOU @ CLE
    SF @ DAL
    NYJ @ TEN
    MIN @ JAX
    BUF @ KC
    NE @ MIA
    CHI @ STL
    OAK @ DEN
    CAR @ ATL
    WAS @ SEA
    NYG @ ARI
    IND @ SD
    GB @ NO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Anyone watching on Sky. Fooking red button not working. Cricket on now and they are saying press Red button but there is no NFL on the options dumb fook wits.

This sucks major balls. Watching it on Gamecenter at the moment but it isn;'t the same. You would think with the money fans stump up for the service they could at least provide it:mad:

Sea Devils wrote: »
    This sucks major balls. Watching it on Gamecenter at the moment but it isn;'t the same. You would think with the money fans stump up for the service they could at least provide it:mad:

Worst thing is the cricket is long over and yet no NFL.

Worst thing is the cricket is long over and yet no NFL.

They just keep talking about the same stuff over and over. Any efficent Channel would have long gone straight to the programming that they overran rather then provide analysis

We need a Sky sports 4 pronto

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 capecod08

Seriously what a f**king joke!!!

Stuck watching cricket, can't believe it...

Finally 40 minutes overdue:rolleyes:

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Finally 40 minutes overdue:rolleyes:

it seems the Red button worked in the UK and Northern Ireland. Thanks a fooking million Sky dont mind the rest of us who pay your fooking wages.

it seems the Red button worked in the UK and Northern Ireland. Thanks a fooking million Sky dont mind the rest of us who pay your fooking wages.

At least it tuned in on time just to see Cassel's TD;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Bruce11

Does that lad commentating alongside Dan sound alot like one of the characters from Sesame Street? Bert or Ernie, not sure which one but his voice is so remarkable to it at times.

Pennington scramble, fair play with the reach to break the line for the TD.

Sky, so bad at times what they are showing in comparison to what they advertise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Joey Porter's interview with ESPN this morning: (Joey Porter, ESPN, Interview all in one sentence you know it just going to be ridiclously stupid)

Keyshawn Johnson: Let’s switch to the New England Patriots game. Is there a big difference in that rivalry of the Miami Dolphins, New England, and Pittsburgh-New England?

Joey Porter: Yeah, it’s a big difference . . . but I still got hate from when I was at Pittsburgh.

Keyshawn: Why?

Porter: Because I got cheated.

Keyshawn: Cheated in what?

Porter: In both of them AFC championship games.

Keyshawn: What did they do?

Porter: Come on, man. They’ve been videotaping for years, man. You cannot sit up there and honestly tell me if it wasn’t working, why was he doing it so much? You’re not going to sit up there and tell me if I’m a quarterback in my headset I know where the blitz is coming. I know where my hots and stuff is at before it happens. I know what play you’re running on defense. All you got to do is be in the right position . . . just catch the ball.

Keyshawn: So you feel they were cheating. You don’t feel they were just the better team?

Porter: What? No, no, no, no. Two times we could have blown them people out easily. They say, oh, he’s so smart. This is the best brainstorming coach. Yeah, because he’s cheating. He got caught. . . . If it wasn’t so bad, why did you destroy the tape so fast? . . . We want to see the tapes. When you get rid of evidence like that, there was something in it they didn’t want everybody to see.

Keyshawn: So you take it personally?

Porter: Man. . . . That’s my dynasty. You know what I mean? I could be sitting up here with three rings. This is the way I look at it. I played three AFC Championships — won one, lost two. . . . Yeah, to me just like they want to put an asterisk on everything else, yeah, I don’t care what they say. They have an asterisk on them. . . . At the same time, people that played against them on the field, we know. Who they got on that team beside Tom Brady? It’s not like they’ve got a gang of dogs over there. . . . They have a bunch of all right guys. You know what I mean? Not no just real dogs. They’ve got some beasts on the D line and stuff like that but . . . .

Keyshawn: You can’t possibly think, three Super Bowls. . . . You think they cheated in every single one of them games?

Porter: Man, I’m going to tell you, I’m taking that to the grave, man. I don’t care what nobody say. . . .

Keyshawn: What about last year? . . . All the glamour, glitz and glamour, 16-0. You think they were cheating then?

Porter: I don’t know. You know, I don’t know. . . . Maybe he found a new way to do it or not to tell you the truth. The boy cold, man. He showed us, he’s cold. The boy cold, man. Hey, the boy cold, man. He showed us man, he cold. . . . I don’t trust him.

Porter is a fook wit. his dynasty please grow up porter you clown.

Can't believe Porter is still playing first time he's made any sort of tackle today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Cassel is a beast.

He has some payday coming his way at the end of the season.

NFL London 2009 teams to be announced first-second week of December. Just announced on Sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

J.E.T.S. jets,jets,jets

great win and a very good season so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Anyone got any working streams as there seems a lack of quality ones around tonight?

Trippie wrote: »
    Anyone got any working streams as there seems a lack of quality ones around tonight?

Which game in particular?

here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

thanks very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Rackers tries a free kick at the end of the first half, I have never seen that before. Of course after a big build up we have a big let down with him scuffing his shot.

Rackers tries a free kick at the end of the first half, I have never seen that before. Of course after a big build up we have a big let down with him scuffing his shot.

Been done many a time. Down in the game with a few seconds to go beofre half time. Many have tried pot shots like that and many have failed Anything above 58 yard kicks is miracle territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

lol, I was just thinking that the same fate could befall Tom Brady that befell his predecessor Drew Bledsoe if Cassel keeps this up for the rest of the season. He has been outstanding the last two weeks, and he looks like he is knows all the receivers now, they are all getting looks and its just like when Tom Brady was there last year with Moss getting lots of looks and lots of touchdowns.

eagle eye wrote: »
    lol, I was just thinking that the same fate could befall Tom Brady that befell his predecessor Drew Bledsoe if Cassel keeps this up for the rest of the season. He has been outstanding the last two weeks, and he looks like he is knows all the receivers now, they are all getting looks and its just like when Tom Brady was there last year with Moss getting lots of looks and lots of touchdowns.

Christ all he needs to do now is perfect those deep passes to moss ones over 50 yards that is and he is a carbon copy of Brady madness I tells ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Raiders 31 - 10 Donkeys. Ship it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

That's a great win for the jets. I'm expecting the titans to drop a few games yet this season.

It's gone a bit unnoticed and not hyped but hadn't realised how solid the NFC south is. During the panthers - falcons game they're claiming it might be the best division in football. Still hard to see the superbowl champion coming from there somehow.

Advertisement