Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That's a great win for the jets. I'm expecting the titans to drop a few games yet this season.

It's gone a bit unnoticed and not hyped but hadn't realised how solid the NFC south is. During the panthers - falcons game they're claiming it might be the best division in football. Still hard to see the superbowl champion coming from there somehow.
    I think the strongest division right now is the AFC East. Look at the records of all the teams in it, they are all over .500 and if you look even closer, the Patriots have four losses thus far and two of them are in the division, the Jets have lost three so far with one in the division, the Bills have lost five and three of them are in the division, while the Dolphins have also lost five with two coming from the AFC East.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think the strongest division right now is the AFC East. Look at the records of all the teams in it, they are all over .500 and if you look even closer, the Patriots have four losses thus far and two of them are in the division, the Jets have lost three so far with one in the division, the Bills have lost five and three of them are in the division, while the Dolphins have also lost five with two coming from the AFC East.

Any thoughts on how AFC East will play out for the rest of the season?

From what I can see the winners are likely to be number two seeds in the AFC, but the runners up are unlikely to get a wildcard ??

Given the remaining fixtures (which I don't know) who is best placed to come out on top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Any thoughts on how AFC East will play out for the rest of the season?

From what I can see the winners are likely to be number two seeds in the AFC, but the runners up are unlikely to get a wildcard ??

Given the remaining fixtures (which I don't know) who is best placed to come out on top?

Actually you could end up with 2 AFC east teams in the Wild card spots. If the Chargers were to beat the Colts tonight and this weekend decided the playoffs it would look like this:

1. Tennessee Titans
    2. Pittsburgh Steelers

3. New York Jets
    4. Denver Broncos
    5. Baltimore Ravens
    6. New England Patriots

Team in Bold First Round Bye
    Team in Italics Wildcard.

The way the AFC East is playing out right now as Eagle Eye said makes it by far the strongest AFC division for sure and up there as the Strongest in the whole NFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

That makes up for the Jacksonville game. Colts almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there, but a good drive when it mattered and a great kick from Vinatieri. 7-4 with both Ohio teams and the Lions coming up. Could be 10-4 before we face the Jags and Titans.

AFC East is very strong right now, a lot like the AFC South last year - both wildcards went to 2nd and 3rd place and Houston finished 8-8. In the end it made no difference. All 3 teams lost early, so it isn't much of a benchmark. If anything it's a hindrence.

Edit: Colt's now also have a win against all the other likely 2nd place finishers in the AFC, which could be vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The AFC West looks like the weakest division.No team in the division looks like they can win, unless its against each other, and no team looks good enough to be in the playoffs.People may say the NFC West is worse, but at least the CArds are good ewough to get into the playoffs.

Strongest divison,I'd still go with the NFC East,then NFC south,then the AFC East.

Btw. this week was some high-scoring week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Colts win almost makes up for that crazy regular season game at the Chargers last year, when Vinitieri missed a sitter to win it. The problem for the Colts is they are highly unlikely to catch the Titans for the division now, so a tough enough road trip on wildcard weekend seems a best case scenario.

Potentially it's the same for the patriots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

titan18 wrote: »
    Btw. this week was some high-scoring week

It's been so high scoring that it looks like it could be the highest scoring week ever. Tonights game between the Packers and Saints needs 32 points for the record to be broken and needless to say it will probably will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Bruce11

Trent Edwards, some running for his 2 TD's and no fear for himself sliding like alot of the other QB's.

Some great performances this week by alot of the big name QB's, Cassell coming good, Favre leadin the Jets in above the Pats, Manning keepin the giants train runnin, Edwards pilling on the points, Romo linkin well with TO and fair play Pennigton made a game of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

The AFC West is bad alright...
    Those bucking Broncos are bucking awful !
    (replace b with f please in certain words !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Who are the Froncos? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I like that Moss and Owens had massive games. Three days ago they were talking about 'everyone but the guy himself' knowing TO had lost a step, and that it was only going to be downhill from here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

it seems the Red button worked in the UK and Northern Ireland. Thanks a fooking million Sky dont mind the rest of us who pay your fooking wages.

to say I was pi$$ed off sunday evening was an understatment. stupid sky showing stupid cricket, and then stupid analysis and some Indian cricketer being asked questions about getting his hair cut. I was fit to kick the TV in!:mad:

great game from Cassel tho. Defence is still giving up far too many yards, and what is killing me is seeing them give up 3rd and long situations. 3rd and 10-15 shoudlnt get through as often as they have been lately. the stand out one being the Jets in OT last week. anyway, still well in the hunt for a playoff spot, so its not too bad.

big scoring game last night, Brees looked great. the saints really outran the pack defence tho once they got into open field. not suprised at the titans loss, and still have no faith in the giants either. think this is a season teams should take advantage of, anyone could literally win it if they get their act in gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭faulk28

bruschi wrote: »
    anyone could literally win it if they get their act in gear.
    Kind of getting that impression a small bit myself, similar perhaps to the Giants last season.

faulk28 wrote: »
    Kind of getting that impression a small bit myself, similar perhaps to the Giants last season.

cant say its at all similar to last year to be honest. the Patriots were by far and away the stand out team and everyones favorite. they went 16-0 and were odds on to win. the fact that they fecked up in the superbowl is a credit to good play by the giants and bad play from the pats. there is no team like that this year tho who would stand out and have everyone agree on them being the team that will win (even if they dont end up winning it). the Giants are the favorites now, but I wouldnt have faith in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭faulk28

bruschi wrote: »
    cant say its at all similar to last year to be honest. quote]
    I meant they got their act together when it mattered and won it.

faulk28 wrote: »
    I meant they got their act together when it mattered and won it.

yeah ture enough. it didnt matter a damn to the pats they went unbeaten, their last few games they stuttered through, whilst the Giants did get up a run of form going into the post season. its from here on in that counts, and pretty much most teams are still in with a shot of playoffs at least.

Advertisement