Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilbarrack/Sutton experts

Options
  • 19-11-2008 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

Hi, Anyone know what's just been built at the end of Roncalli Road?

It looks very out of place with the rest of the area. A block of apartments beside an estate of bungalows. But its strangely tucked away at the end of a winding cul-de-sac. And what was there before it was built?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'd say Degsy will know this. Local history expert on all things in North Dublin.

Maybe pm the guy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

micmclo wrote: »
    I'd say Degsy will know this. Local history expert on all things in North Dublin.

Maybe pm the guy :)

Frayed Knot!
    Dont know much about this neckof the woods in terms of history.Those bungalows certainly look like they're there since the 1950's.
    Anybody?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Before and after:
    66953.jpg

66955.jpg

Can't see anything in the Planning Applications about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

spurious wrote: »
    Before and after:
    66953.jpg

66955.jpg

Can't see anything in the Planning Applications about it.

Typical really,they have a green patch between two roads so they fill it up with partments and carparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

It's a block of affordable apartments and houses. It's built on Goughs land. I think there's about 25 units. They built them about 2 years ago
    EDIT: or should I say, a few blocks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Thanks lads. Using the name "Goughs" I was able to get some more from Google.
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/minutes/meeting_fulldoc.aspx?id=784

Pity the green space was lost. I find it interesting how areas change over time. The existing park now looks like a bit of an oddity. It has a path that just seems to be a dead end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

donaghs wrote: »
    Thanks lads. Using the name "Goughs" I was able to get some more from Google.
    http://www.fingalcoco.ie/minutes/meeting_fulldoc.aspx?id=784

Pity the green space was lost. I find it interesting how areas change over time. The existing park now looks like a bit of an oddity. It has a path that just seems to be a dead end.

Sorry, I sometimes get confused between social and affordable housing! The reason I know is my folks live in Sarto and their back garden looks out on it. My disabled cousin also lives in one of the new houses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well that part of the land was never part of the park, just some ruffians knocked down the wall.

big hooha at the time about having these houses built traffic issues nothing to with it being social or affordable houses

Advertisement