Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washing machine

Options
  • 19-11-2008 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Quickie

folks am i right in saying the water for the washing machine comes from the hto water tank? like if i turn the heating off its a good time to stick on the machine as the water will already be hot saving the machine from having to heat i up?

thanks paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

As always the answer is ... depends.

A few years ago most washing machines had a hot and cold feed, now most seem to come only with a cold feed.

So the answer is look behind the washing machine, if there's 2 hoses coming into it (ignore the much thicker waste outflow) then it will use your hot water, if there's only one then it's a cold only machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

pH

many thanks for the reply mate

paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Often having a hot feed is a waste of time. As the machine takes relatively little water to fill the drum, it will have finished filling before the water runs hot. So it ends up using the heating element to bring it up to temperature anyway. This is especially true when the washing machine is some distance away from the hot water cylinder, as it would be in most houses.

Advertisement