Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed on Purchasing Camcorder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Haven't used that model but Canon are usually great. I'd say its probably the best choice for that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bluscreendream

Thanks M83!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

m83 wrote: »
    Haven't used that model but Canon are usually great. I'd say its probably the best choice for that price range.

Have to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bluscreendream

Thanks again guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marielouise

Hi I am actually selling a brand new Sony DCR SR55,hard drive camcorder with carlzeiss lens that I bought and have used once before but need the money at the moment I saw your posts just now about buying a camcorder.
    It has a touchscreen lcd and photo stills ability.
    No need for DV tapes as these new top of the range models have inbuilt memory which connects to computer via usb and you can record up to 40gb (27hrs of footage). This is perfect also for travelling also as you needn't carry around tapes and the 40gb harddriv ensures you'll have enough space also 25x optical zoom / 2000x digital zoom .
    I would be willing to sell for 380euro with adaptor,software etc Hama pack waterproof bag incl. which is worth 40euro itself. Its a new model and is currently selling in electrical/camera shops in the price range of 470euro and upwards.
    If you'd like anymore info just let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Just for the record, hard disks aren't better than tape when it comes to picture quality. I'd take a tape system any day of the week for numerous reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

+1

i've had nothing but hassle any time i've had to deal with footage from a disk based camera. mpeg2 video, ac3 audio. have to transcode it to another format just to work with it. missing xml files, not in original folder structure. gah. Give me a tape anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

anyone used the canon hc10 ,is it worth it, how would quality compare to dv tape?

Advertisement