Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 additional codecs supported ?

• 19-11-2008 11:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if any additional codec support will be added with this update ? Supporting some HD format would be nice so that they could be played from a USB hard drive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

H264 is already supported?

Think its mainly WMV H264 files....

What codecs do you need for it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

thegoth wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any additional codec support will be added with this update ? Supporting some HD format would be nice so that they could be played from a USB hard drive

I was hoping they would throw in support for a few more,would be handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Have they finally fixed the thing whjere iof you transported data off a 20gb HD to the 120gb HD you cant use stuff of it unless connected to XBL? Because I used to be able to plug in a usb stick and watch film files off it while not connected to XBL but since transferring the data to the 120gb I cant.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Have they finally fixed the thing whjere iof you transported data off a 20gb HD to the 120gb HD you cant use stuff of it unless connected to XBL? Because I used to be able to plug in a usb stick and watch film files off it while not connected to XBL but since transferring the data to the 120gb I cant.:confused:

I'm the same! that sucks, there is a workaround i heard about but i forgot what it was....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

I'm the same! that sucks, there is a workaround i heard about but i forgot what it was....:(

you have to create a new profile - then download the codec updates with this profile signed in. now when you are disconnected to live as long as you are signed into your xbox with the new profile you can watch using the required codecs - bad solution but the only one that works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

There is indeed gents behold the Content License Tool.....

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/06/26/content-license-transfer-tool-aka-the-drm-tool.aspx

Handy little vid aswell!

I did it when I got my Elite!

Advertisement