Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help...books on La Sagrada Familia

Options
  • 19-11-2008 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Everyone.
    After a recent trip to Barcelona and a visit to the amazing La Sagrada Familia i've started to do some drawings and studys of the building. We took plenty of photographs but i'm not looking for a book that will explain it all. There is so much going on on the outisde of the building, different sculptures depicting different scenes from the bible. Can anyone recommend a book they've seen, read or own that gives a deep insight into the history of and facts about the building? I've checked amazon but no reviews there!

Thanks!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It's an amazing building alright! Awe inspiring!

There was lots of information on the guided tours and I picked up a leaflet, I must check to see if they reference any books. If a book is referenced in the official guide then it must be good.

There's no reviews on the Barnes & Noble site either...
    Perhaps someone on the History or Christianity forums could help either. Wait and see what replies you get here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

Maybe a book on Gaudi himself will throw up some info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 annedesign

Thanks for your recommendations and suggestions. I just had this book recommended to me....
    La Sagrada Familia by Pere Vivas (Paperback)
    I use amazon.co.uk and couldnt find any extra info on this book but its actually reviewed and has a sample of some of the pages on amazon.com

Advertisement