Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Waiver of Penalty?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I drove trough the M50 toll on the 25th of October last. I totally forgot about it so never paid the toll in my local payzone shop. Anyway I got a letter about a week later which read;

fdzqfr.jpg

Now this morning I got a bill for €40 :o. What's this Waiver all about? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Welcome to the world of tommorow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

What's this Waiver all about? :mad:

The waiver is waiving the additional €3 penalty for late payment, not the €3 charge for using the toll. I'm guessing you never paid that so they've now issued a fine.

Although you could have paid and the system is so poor that they can't tie the 2 things up toghether :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Did you pay the €3 toll after you got the first letter? If so, then they've made a mistake. If not, then they're charging you for still not having paid the toll after 14 days.

The waiver was for the additional €3 penalty for not paying the toll, not the €3 toll itself - you always had to pay that, they were just giving you some extra time.

And if the latter is the case, remember, your bill is now €43, not €40 - the original €3 toll plus the €40 penalty. If you just pay the €40, they'll only add more penalties for not paying the toll!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭draycottgirlz

they have been messing this whole toll system up. Go pay the 3e ASAP and then call them

Advertisement