Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you buy an xbox live subscription from ebay

• 19-11-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I'm a total newbie to the whole xbox live thing, and will be setting it up over the weekend. My xbox has never been online yet. Can I buy a gold subscription from ebay Uk and will it work here? As in....is it country specific?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Perfectly safe (and huge savings to be made too). You'll be emailed a code within a few hours of purchase.

Check this thread for more info (and recommended sellers): http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408413

I bought a code about 3 weeks ago for about €35, and it works perfectly.

Make sure you use dazftw's link - thats the one I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

thanks for that very quick response, so a UK code will work here cool. What happens in 13 months time when you go to renew your subscription, do MS just hit your credit card that you entered at regestration stage? or do you buy another card from ebay ?

thanks
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I know its off topic but if i redeem a 12 month code as you can do on the xbox, does this mean Microsoft wont charge me the €60 direct debit as they usually do every 12 months for me?Mines up in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

thanks for that very quick response, so a UK code will work here cool. What happens in 13 months time when you go to renew your subscription, do MS just hit your credit card that you entered at regestration stage? or do you buy another card from ebay ?

thanks
    B

If you haven't gone online to xbox.com and subscribed to xbox live then your credit card won't be billed.

You enter a redeem code, that gives you the 12 or 13 months, and then when that expires you will need to buy another one and repeat the process.

DON'T use your credit card to buy xbox live. You've to ring them to cancel it and they whine and moan....basically trying to convince you not to cancel. They will renew your subscription, and bill you automatically too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

excellent...thanks for that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    DON'T use your credit card to buy xbox live. You've to ring them to cancel it and they whine and moan....basically trying to convince you not to cancel. They will renew your subscription, and bill you automatically too.

I think there's an option when registering for Live not to automatically renew which is what I done last year, come expiry time last month it wasn't renewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Jip wrote: »
    I think there's an option when registering for Live not to automatically renew which is what I done last year, come expiry time last month it wasn't renewed.

Oh, really? Thats better so. I must have missed that or that wasn't an option at the time. Even still, i wouldn't use my credit card... had a bit of an "incident" which could only have been related to two things, live being one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

When I set up live there was some reason (back in original xbox days) I registered in New York, something to do with Messenger at the time having extras if you were in America. Carried my profile over to the 360 and have been saving a bomb buying subscriptions on ebay from the States :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

http://www.microsoftpointsxbox.com/

bought mine a few months back from these guys; emailed the code shortly after paying by paypal; 12+1 months for €30-something [the euro was doing better v the dollar than now!]

works fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hi Everyone I have some 3 month live subs for sale if anyone is interested €10, I'll e-mail codes after paypal payment. I'll give one free to the first three people to PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

DC3QP-2YQ6J-GMWJC-2MD4T-W2Y2Q free live code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

xbox36016 wrote: »
    DC3QP-2YQ6J-GMWJC-2MD4T-W2Y2Q free live code

OMG!!!! That code actually worked!!!!! I was expecting 48hours, not 3 months!!!:D:D:D

Thank you so much!!!!

Still cant believe that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hi everyone free live subs all gone now, Still though if you interested I have some left for only €10 for 3 month subs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

13 months for 34 euro from this guy I noticed recommended on another thread on this forum.

Picked one up from him and code worked fine.
    €34 is a lot better than €59 if you renew it automatically with your credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Zonda999 wrote: »
    OMG!!!! That code actually worked!!!!! I was expecting 48hours, not 3 months!!!:D:D:D

Thank you so much!!!!

Still cant believe that....

3 months for me too, thanks to Lord Spence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Lord Spence is a gentleman...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sorry for bumping an oldish thread, but I wanted to confirm that if I bought this (UK website), that it would work on my "Irish" Xbox.

Edit: Just got home and my link above no longer works. :( They don't seem to have the subscription card on their site at all any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Adyx wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping an oldish thread, but I wanted to confirm that if I bought this (UK website), that it would work on my "Irish" Xbox.
    Yeah the codes are region as they say :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Adyx wrote: »

Edit: Just got home and my link above no longer works. :( They don't seem to have the subscription card on their site at all any more.

Being sold for €35 on adverts.ie

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=83981&cpage=2#poststart

• Advertisement
Advertisement