Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to Top Last Year

Options
  • 19-11-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I got my boyfriend a Playstation 3 last year he wasn't expecting it and was so chuffed. Unfortunately now I've put the pressure on myself for this year and i need some ideas. He is in his mid 20's and likes his gadgets. He has a psp, an apple mac and an ipod so is there any additional gadgets that can be added to the playstation or any of the others I mentioned.

He hates the idea of the wii and I don't think he'd be into any flying lessons or anything like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

There aren't really any additional add ons for the PS3 that would be worth shouting about.

Maybe something like Rock Band or Guitar Hero World Tour if he's into that sort of thing ?

If you want to go console wise how does he feel about the XBOX360 or a Nintendo DS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SIBHCHEVIE

He'd hate that Guitar thing, he really doesn't see the point in them at all.

I was thinking maybe about getting a media hard drive to download movies or something or i think there is something you can get for the psp that turns it into a sat nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

PSP Sat Nav first I heard of that. Cool.

Media Drive could be good, big selection and decent prices. I'm not too well up on those though.

Ebook Reader ?
    Mobile/PDA ? (I presume theres some mac ones)
    Good Digital Camera ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭hamrog

How about a wireless music system like the Philips Streamium or a sat-nav or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

SIBHCHEVIE wrote: »
    I got my boyfriend a Playstation 3 last year he wasn't expecting it and was so chuffed. Unfortunately now I've put the pressure on myself for this year and i need some ideas. He is in his mid 20's and likes his gadgets. He has a psp, an apple mac and an ipod so is there any additional gadgets that can be added to the playstation or any of the others I mentioned.

He hates the idea of the wii and I don't think he'd be into any flying lessons or anything like that.

Im in the same boat as you, i bought my boyfriend the xbox 360 last christmas and i never expected him to be so thrilled... a year on and hes still addicted. He has all the rock band gear and i have to agree its great fun. :D
    Im looking at maybe getting him some xbox gear, just spotted a gamer vest does anyone have one, any suggestions???

• Advertisement

hamrog wrote: »
    How about a wireless music system like the Philips Streamium or a sat-nav or both?

No idea what this is sorry for the ignorance, what way does it work exactly?

I explored the idea of the media player at the weekend and he said that he would love one to replace the video recorder. Now all i need to do is find out which ones are good and how much they cost.

Ideas?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Just purchased a Phillips streamium ourselves recently. So far I think it's a brilliant piece of kit.. basically it is a sound system with a hard drive, you stick all of your mp3's onto it.

The one we got comes with a second station that can be kept in a different room and it then can play the music you have stored on the station via wifi. You can also listen to internet radio on it.

http://www.streamium.com/

I'm assuming that doesn't work with i-tunes or the i-pod does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

As far as I know you can plug your ipod into it and play music from it.. but I dont think it works with iTunes. There is a thread on boards here about it I believe.. there might be some way around it

Ok decided on the media hard drive, does anyone know the best makes to buy and where to buy. Will prob spend bout 250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

www.popcornhour.com

Best media hard drive players you can get and a great interface for using them too. You'd have to order asap though to get it for xmas. Pretty sure you need to pick up a hard drive for it as well but it's worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

Ok decided on the media hard drive, does anyone know the best makes to buy and where to buy. Will prob spend bout 250

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_5&products_id=104387

I got this for myself about a month ago...its unreal...plays mvies etc. that you have downloaded on the tv. Works really well, good quality and unreal value...worked out at around 170 for me including postage which is pretty good value even for a standard terabyte hard drive.

Id def recomend this if hes in to watching/downloading movies of the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

you might want to watch out with that. some versions of the PS3 have more features than any of those media drives. all have a hard drive and can play downloaded videos.
    you could end with a present that he has no use for at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

Just purchased a Phillips streamium ourselves recently. So far I think it's a brilliant piece of kit.. basically it is a sound system with a hard drive, you stick all of your mp3's onto it.

The one we got comes with a second station that can be kept in a different room and it then can play the music you have stored on the station via wifi. You can also listen to internet radio on it.

http://www.streamium.com/

Do you mind me asking where ya got the above and how much?
    I priced it in a local electrical shop firstly they dont stock them and then told me they cost 1000 euro!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 greengiant

I know this info is way too late as you've prob already bought the media player but it might help someone else.

Aldi and Lidl do DVD players about every 6 months which are also media players! My dad bought one last week, it's excellent-SD card slot, USB slot, as well as DVD obv, and DIVX player so will play any format, we have loads of downloaded movies, plays them perfectly. All for only €60!

You have to keep an eye out for them as the day they go on sale they sell out that morning, but they're well worth it.

Again, sorry i'm so late with the info!! :o

Thanks for all the posts and help guys ending up getting him an Ellion 750gb media player recorder unit. Here's the link if anyone is interested in getting one.

http://www.envizage.com/

He's chuffed with it.

Advertisement