Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genres

• 19-11-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

The kind of question you are embarassed to ask, but what are the genres of dance / electronic music? I understand the word but how do you class a song?

ie drum and bass, I can spot that ****e a mile away, what are the others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

engrish? wrote: »
    The kind of question you are embarassed to ask, but what are the genres of dance / electronic music? I understand the word but how do you class a song?

ie drum and bass, I can spot that ****e a mile away, what are the others?

everyone has their own opinion on which genre any song could fit into, therefore genres are only useful when speaking in broad terms about the style of a tune...to answer your question , you class a song based on your knowledge of music, which without doubt will be in conflict with someone elses definition. you asked a stupid question now you got my stupid answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

House
    Acid House
    Ambient House
    Chicago House
    Funky House
    Hard House
    Progressive House
    Tech House
    Tribal House

Trance
    Ambient Trance
    Anthem trance
    Euro-Trance
    Futurepop
    Hardstyle
    Ibiza Trance (aka Baleric Beat)
    Psychedelic Trance

There are many more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

cheers for this, I saw this years ago and was never able to find it again.
    some [many] of the descriptions of the various genres are very opinionated however at least you can listen to sample songs and make up your own mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

That's a lot of pigeon holes, stick with the basic genres and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

that guy is seriously opinionated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

check out his "gabber house" one.
    its the cheesiest cheese that ever cheesed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

comes down to opinion but when i started djing i just constantly listened to all types of music on sites like beatport then you will start find the same patterns and stuff its also a good idea to look into the history of genres

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Neesa wrote: »
    House
    Chicago House

There's a few regional ones, Balearic House, Detroit House, French House, Brit House, Italo House etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

There's a few regional ones, Balearic House, Detroit House, French House, Brit House, Italo House etc. etc.

thousands of regional ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I'm looking forward to hearing some from the newest House sub-genre:

Frying Pan House

(I have been informed that "It sizzles".)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I like pussy house myself, one for the ladys :pac::):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

and not forgetting scouse house!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement