Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Relief

Options
  • 19-11-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I have been paying my mortgage for nearly two years. I was a first time buyer when I bought this house. I always assumed that Mortgage Relief was being deducted at source, i.e. my monthly payments had already got my mortgage relief built it. Is this the case normally, or is Mortgage Relief something you need to organise seperately? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ruby2Shoes wrote: »
    I have been paying my mortgage for nearly two years. I was a first time buyer when I bought this house. I always assumed that Mortgage Relief was being deducted at source, i.e. my monthly payments had already got my mortgage relief built it. Is this the case normally, or is Mortgage Relief something you need to organise seperately? Thanks

It depends on the lender- normally its two seperate transactions- but it differs in some institutions.

You should contact your mortgage providor and ensure they are indeed processing TRS on your behalf (I would advise getting confirmation of this in writing).

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Hiya,
    I got my mortgage last year and this was setup automatically for me.
    Check with your mortgage provider if you are currently receiving it.
    If not then get TRS form, complete and send to revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Clairecluck

You could very well be in for a nice juicy surprise cheque just in time for Santie!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ring the Revenue TRS Helpline. Their number is 1890 46 36 26

It would be extremely unusual for this to be set up automatically for you so just give them a call and check the status.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

Well I just rang the bank and Im not set up for TRS. Yippee, that will mean a nice little lump sum before christmas. Does anyone know of a calculator where I can find out how much Im owed? Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Well I just rang the bank and Im not set up for TRS. Yippee, that will mean a nice little lump sum before christmas. Does anyone know of a calculator where I can find out how much Im owed? Thanks for your help.

Nice one!
    Get the paper work in pronto- there is a cut off for the end-year approaching......

smccarrick wrote: »
    Nice one!
    Get the paper work in pronto- there is a cut off for the end-year approaching......

Does that mean I wont be able to claim for last year? I moved into the house Jan 07?

Does that mean I wont be able to claim for last year? I moved into the house Jan 07?

Not at all- just that if you don't get the claim in quickly, that it won't be processed until after Christmas.....

Ps- you will need the certificate of interest paid from your mortgage lender to claim for last year- they should be able to get you one fairly handily.

Yep, theyre putting it in the post today. Thanks again for everyones help.

Advertisement